Profile for J. Elves > Reviews

Content by J. Elves

J. Elves "AofA" (West Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2
Artificial Evil (Book 1 of The Techxorcist)
Artificial Evil (Book 1 of The Techxorcist)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 Feb 2014
Well written, interesting and actually makes you feel like your in the main characters world (& shoes)
worth the read

Want to Know a Secret? (Choc Lit)
Want to Know a Secret? (Choc Lit)
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 27 Jan 2014
I got this book as a freebie, mainly because I liked the cover! but I'm so glad I did get it! a truly wonderful story, very well written and a story you can get entirely lost in too... I didn't want to put it down!
I went through a range of emotions reading this from sadness, surprise and anger to cheering on the heroine and hoping for the right outcome. get it. you won't be disappointed!

Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1)
Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1)
Price: 1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 11 Dec 2013
I loved the references, I loved the humour. I just really enjoyed this book. Will definitely keep an eye out for others in the series!

Seasons of the Moon Series, Books 1-4: Six Moon Summer, All Hallows' Moon, Long Night Moon, and Gray Moon Rising

5.0 out of 5 stars A good & easy read, 1 Dec 2013
I'm probably a little out of the age range for these books but they're all very good, readable & at times, unputdownable. Great value for money too.

Getting Over Mr Right
Getting Over Mr Right
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but put-downable, 30 Nov 2013
I did enjoy this book although there were parts that made me cringe. So much so I either put it down or skipped a few pages, but overall, it's a nice, uncomplicated read.

Solitaire
Solitaire

5.0 out of 5 stars addictive, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Solitaire (App)
Fantastic app. haven't been able to put it down since downloading it. Even the occasional ads aren't particularly intrusive or annoying. fab app for free.

Naked in Knightsbridge
Naked in Knightsbridge

1.0 out of 5 stars yawn, 30 April 2011
i bought this book as one of my first kindle purchases. now i'm wondering if i can get the money back! i actually haven't finished it as i just can't bear to open it and get annoyed with the awful characters all over again. bad bad bad!

Altar Ego
Altar Ego
by Kathy Lette

4.0 out of 5 stars Hold On... Where'd the weekend go?, 21 May 2007
This review is from: Altar Ego (Paperback)
I received this book Saturday afternoon and finished it late sunday night - I just couldn't put it down! I've just recently started to read more of Kathy Lette's books and so far this is my favourite - its rude, crude and laugh out loud and yes, you hate the main character for her callous use of her friends and relations but, you can't help feeling sorry for her and wishing her the best towards the end... I'll definately be putting this on my 'must read again' pile!

Anybody Out There
Anybody Out There
by Marian Keyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fab read, 16 May 2007
This review is from: Anybody Out There (Paperback)
I love Marian Keyes and try to get my hands on her books as soon as they're out (my copies are well loved and very well read) and this one didn't disappoint! What a lovely, moving story (and helped make me appreciate my other half that little bit more!)and one I couldn't put down until I'd finished it (I'd bought it for my holiday but had read it about a week before I left!) - I love her ability to transport you into the story, to make the most difficult story lines readable and to keep you engrossed and always guessing - I highly recommend this and all of Marians other books too!

Girl with a One-Track Mind: Confessions of the Seductress Next Door
Girl with a One-Track Mind: Confessions of the Seductress Next Door
by Abby Lee
Price: 6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars One track mind? Definately..., 25 Oct 2006
It was the title that attracted me to pick this book up and peruse the back page... sounded interesting so I handed over my cash...

This book made me laugh, blush and give me some 'interesting' ideas to try with my other half (and I will be making him read it too). How refreshing to read that there are other women out there who like sex and are happy to talk about it - a very worthwhile read, but you might not want to pass it on to mum (unless she is very open minded of course)

I sincerely hope that 'Abby' finds that special someone soon. He'll be one lucky man!!

Page: 1 | 2