Profile for Mrs Doo > Reviews

Friendship Loom 600 Band & Loom Jewellery Set with Charms
Friendship Loom 600 Band & Loom Jewellery Set with Charms
Offered by Goldstar Beddings

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheeky pricing, 17 Jun 2014
I ordered this product as my friends daughter desperately wanted one for her birthday, Argos were completely sold out, and none of my local shops had any in stock. I didn't originally mind the price too much, seemed average, but on receiving the item today I discovered a big price sticker on the front saying £3.99! I guess it's supply and demand but it seems so cheeky to hike up the price that blatently.
Apart from that, it looks all ok and it's nice that some charms are included. I'm sure my friend's girl will be happy :)
Oh and just to note- my daughter makes bracelets just using the bands (which you can get for £1 ish) and her fingers, so a loom isn't totally necessary, maybe just for the more complex designs.

Dark Arcana: the Carnival
Dark Arcana: the Carnival

5.0 out of 5 stars Twisted fun, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Dark Arcana: the Carnival (App)
My daughter & I really enjoyed this game, it is challenging without being so difficult that you get stuck, and there's always the hint button if you do. The graphics are fantastic, and for playability it's good value. (We always play them several times!)
We loved the little monkey that helps you!
If you like this game we would also recommend the pirate one from the same creators :)

Dr. Panda's Daycare
Dr. Panda's Daycare

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game but faulty on Kindle fire, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dr. Panda's Daycare (App)
I have downloaded nearly all the Dr Panda games as my daughter absolutely loves them, but the gardening one and day care one seem to have a fault on my kindle fire, after a short while of playing the screen goes upside down, and won't correct, if you turn it it just turns upside down again, very frustrating!
If this could be fixed I would give 5 stars.

Hello Kitty Sliding Puzzle
Hello Kitty Sliding Puzzle

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work!!, 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: Hello Kitty Sliding Puzzle (App)
I paid for this app, granted, it was only 61p, but it was a total waste of money! The puzzle pieces don't slide where or when you want them to. My daughter loves Hello Kitty and she was very dissapointed. Don't bother with this game. I am deleting it from my device.

Zombie Café
Zombie Café

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny zombies, 7 Nov 2012
This review is from: Zombie Café (App)
This game is addictive! The design is brilliant, the little details make me giggle, like the zombies arms occasionally fall off! Very entertaining.

Knit & Purl Pets: 20 Patterns for Little Pets with Big Personalities - Knitted animals, dogs, cats, horses, mice, chickens
by Garland Claire

3.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect Pet!, 7 Jan 2011
I brought this book as I am an avid toy knitter, in fact I knit samples from knitting books for my local yarn store, therefore I would say that from my experience I should have had no problems creating any of the cute creatures from this book. However, I started with the greyhound pattern and although I did manage to complete it, the number of mistakes in the pattern made it frustrating and fiddly! And worse, the finished dog seems to have his head on upside down!
On a plus side, the patterns are adorable and if you are a bit more experienced at knitting any mistakes there are in the book could probably be figured out.