ARRAY(0x9d26aa14)

Profile for John P. Yates > Reviews

Content by John P. Yates

John P. Yates (Rotherham, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Chucky: The Killer Dvd Collection (2pc) (Ws Sub) [1991] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Tilly

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi I'm Chucky..., 18 Jan 2014
Excellent collection in great packaging, the Chucky figure is raised on the box but comes in a clear plastic sleeve so it will sit flush with your other DVDs. IT IS REGION 1 SO WILL NOT PLAY ON STANDARD UK PLAYERS, but if, LIke myself you have a region free player this is a great boxset to own. The films vary in story quality with 'Bride' and 'seed' being the best
Picture and sound is good.
P.S. This set does not include the original childs play only the sequels

USA Today Movie Crosswords
USA Today Movie Crosswords
by Matt Gaffney
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Movie crosswords, 18 Jan 2014
Bought for a friend who like me is a Movie geek, The puzzles aren't too taxing and the book is thinner than I expected (for some reason I thought it would have a lot more content).
I guess it would be ok as a stocking filler.

Legend of the Doll [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Legend of the Doll [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Artist Not Provided
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lotd, 18 Jan 2014
Part of the Akihabra trilogy Legend of the doll is the story of every Otaku's fantasy... Shy geek buys doll which cones to life. If you've seen 'Cat girl Kiki' or 'Pretty Maid Cafe' you know what your gonna get ( I love this stuff). Production is cheap, acting is good, story is short. Highly recommended!

Adults Unisex Classic Black Pinstripe Pork Pie Hat with Grey Band
Adults Unisex Classic Black Pinstripe Pork Pie Hat with Grey Band

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 18 Jan 2014
I bought this for my son who was performing (with his band) an '80s concert. He liked it so much he now wears it every time he leaves the house. The quality was great and sizing is perfect, would highly reccomend

Plastic Head Men's Behemoth - Logo Sweatshirt Black PH5286L Large
Plastic Head Men's Behemoth - Logo Sweatshirt Black PH5286L Large
Offered by Paradiso Records

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 30 Jun 2013
I bought this for my son (who is a huge Behemoth fan) and he is happy enough with it, but in my opinion the t shirt material is a little thin and you should know the print is black so it doesn't stand out quite as much as it does in the product photo.

Micro Noodles Mild Curry Flavour 100 g (Pack of 18)
Micro Noodles Mild Curry Flavour 100 g (Pack of 18)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmmmmm noodles, 30 Jun 2013
I love these Noodles, I used to buy them years ago but they seemed to vanish from supermarkets. Now they're back . fill with water, bung in microwave and nuke for 3 minutes and they're ready. I just eat them out the pot as they're a great snack. The mild curry is really quite mild and there is also a chicken flavour. My son is now also addicted to these so I have to split any I buy with him

LowClick 16GB 2.8" Inch Fashion Style USB 2.0 Touch Screen PMP Media Player Mp3 Mp4 Player with Fm Radio Dv Digital Camera

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 30 Jun 2013
I purchased this Mp4 player to replace my Philips GoGear which after 4 years of heavy use was starting to play up. Firstly I have to comment on the casing of the device, it feels very flimsy and cheap but I was willing to overlook this if the product worked well. IT DOESN'T - after spending most of the day putting my music on I found that only about 40% of the albums actually went on, the missing albums just went on as empty folders with just the artist name. I decided to try again turning the files from WMA to MP3 which bizarrely caused the mp4 player to state UNABLE TO OPEN.
As for the albums that do go on, The tracks are presented alphabetically rather than the order they appear on the album. Will be returning item for a refund.

Foo Fighters 2011 Tour Premium Guitar Pick Necklace
Foo Fighters 2011 Tour Premium Guitar Pick Necklace
Offered by Printed Guitar Picks

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality!, 11 May 2013
Not great quality, the chain turned brown within four days and the plectrum, while functional, is quite thin. If you were to buy this I would recommend buying your own chain although that makes this a very expensive plectrum.

Ninja Triple-Feature [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Ninja Triple-Feature [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Artist Not Provided
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Otaku's rejoice, 29 Dec 2012
3 Films along a similar theme envolving scantily clad/ nude female ninja fighting evil. Decent picture, Never going to win any awards but entertaining fluff. Nuff said!

Der Fan [1982] [DVD]
Der Fan [1982] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Désirée Nosbusch
Offered by Satsumo

5.0 out of 5 stars Trance/The Fan, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Der Fan [1982] [DVD] (DVD)
If you've searched for this DVD chances are you know the plot, if not here goes: Simone has a major crush on popular a singer known only as 'R', a crush that soon becomes an obsession that will change both of their lives forever.
Sorry if that's a bit vague but I don't want to give too much away for those out there who have not seen it. This is film that stays with you long after the credits have rolled, it's well shot and acted and yes there is the dodgy dubbing but it's not that bad ( there are far worse) and the music is great, so much so I've recently downloaded Rheingold's augenblick!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3