Profile for joe muers > Reviews

Klipsch Image S4 "II" In Ear Headphone - Black
Klipsch Image S4 "II" In Ear Headphone - Black
Offered by MP3 Accessories
Price: 34.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - these WILL BREAK after just a few months..., 17 Dec 2013
I loved everything about the older S4 model except for one very fundamental problem - they have a design flaw whereby, no matter how well you look after them, the internal wiring wears through at the point where the cable meets the jack, so after a few months one of the earphones cuts out and stops working.
This happened to no less than three pairs in a row so, obviously, I stopped buying them after that. Then, I saw this newer model with thicker cabling which, I hoped, meant that Klipsch had addressed the problem and I decided to take a punt.
What a shame then when I found that, after just four months of use, these very expensive headphones stopped working due to exactly the same design defect that the previous model had had.
Also, don't be reassured by the "2 year guarantee" either - it's a bit of a scam as, in the UK at least, Klipsch will not deal with you directly. This means that you have to go through your dealer. If you're lucky then your dealer (be it Amazon or whoever) may honour the guarantee but that is at their discretion, and thus very far from "guarantee'd".
Please don't buy these - the fact that Klipsch is selling these at a premium price but with exactly the same short lifespan is really not on; and when they break (and they will break, believe me) you will regret your purchase.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2014 8:53 PM BST

Klipsch Image S4 In Ear Headphones White / Chrome
Klipsch Image S4 In Ear Headphones White / Chrome

1.0 out of 5 stars SERIOUS DESIGN FLAW!!! Yes they sound good, but beware - they WILL break, 17 Dec 2013
I am going to add to the small chorus of voices complaining about the build quality of these headphones.
I have had no less that FOUR pairs of these and every single time without exception, they have broken after a few months... and it's exactly the same fault each time - one of the earphones starts cutting out and then just stops working because the internal wiring wears through at the point where the cable segues into the jack.
Now there seems to be a lot of other reviewers who are very happy with these, so usually I'd be prepared to accept that maybe it's because I've been unlucky, or maybe because I just haven't been looking after them, but actually it's happened with four pairs in a row (the last of which, incidentally, were the newer S4 'II' model with a thicker cable, which I though would solved the issue - it didn't), the last 3 of which I've been very, very careful with - keeping them in the case, trying not to strain or stretch them and so on, but it did no good. So I'm sorry, but that's clearly pointing towards a basic design flaw.
It's a shame really, as if it wasn't for this fundamental problem they would be fantastic, but it seems to me that Klipsch MUST be aware of this problem and yet they are still knocking out these headphones for top dollar, which I think is just criminal. And as I said, the newer 'II' model has exactly the same issue.

By the way, if you are going to go ahead and buy these anyway then it's also important to be aware that the advertised "2 year guarantee" is a bit of a scam. You cannot deal with the manufacturer directly and have to go through the dealer - most of whom will just tell you to piss off. If you buy directly from Amazon themselves then you have a much better chance that they will honour the terms of the guarantee. And that's pretty critical because I'm telling you - you're going to need to use it!!

Brand New High Quality Laptop / Notebook Security key Lock/Cable Chain Set for use with PC / COMPUTER / Laptops / Notebooks / Macbook / Netbooks. Kensington type Lock - Part of the Crazy4fones Accessories Range

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusable, due to the smell, 17 Dec 2013
Being a bit of a cheapskate, I was hunting around for a laptop lock in this price bracket and noticed feedback for other similarly priced ones with reviewers complaining about a strong smell of engine oil or something similar.
On seeing the positive feedback received for this one so far I decided to take a punt and hope for the best. Alas, as soon as I opened the packet this overpowering stench wafted out and I knew there & then that I'd wasted my time. I mean it really does smell strong - so much so that if you leave it in a drawer, it'll make everything else in there stink and - more importantly - if you use it in a library, office, on a train or somewhere else public you'll probably piss off everyone around you. Hence it's basically unusable.
Tried airing it out, washing it, etc but to no avail so in the end I had to just throw it away.
I know it's only 2 quid, but it's still a waste of 2 quid so do yourself a favour and don't bother.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2014 8:39 AM GMT