Profile for Susan Elisabeth Hursey > Reviews

Content by Susan Elisabet...

Susan Elisabeth Hursey (Barcelona, Barcelona, ES)

Page: 1 | 2
The Wee Free Men: (Discworld Novel 30) (Discworld Novels)
The Wee Free Men: (Discworld Novel 30) (Discworld Novels)
by Terry Pratchett
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 11 Nov. 2011
As half of my family are Scottish it brings a bit of nostalgia to see speech written in the scottish accent and reminds me of the old annuals "The Broons" and "Oor Wullie". The series about Tiffany and the Feegles are a barrel of laughs and wonderful escapist stuff. Nothing else is expected of you except that you enjoy them to the full. Well done Mr. Pratchett, can we have some more please?

New Tricks - Series 8 [DVD]
New Tricks - Series 8 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alun Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Number one fan!, 11 Nov. 2011
This review is from: New Tricks - Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
I have got to be the number one fan of New Tricks. The way they act together speaks of years of experience of working together and their age is treated as something fun and an acceptable part of life. The way the three look after their boss is very well handled as are their various little quirks. All in all a fantastic series, and I am just waiting for the next one.

Northern Lights (includes Bonus 'Christmas Lights' disc)
Northern Lights (includes Bonus 'Christmas Lights' disc)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun - why weren't there more?, 11 Nov. 2011
This series was great fun,it's a shame there weren't more of them. The characters are very believeable and the scrapes they get into are also realistic. I would strongly recommend it to anyone.

Born And Bred - Series 2 [2004] [DVD]
Born And Bred - Series 2 [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Bolam

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful wonderful series, 11 Nov. 2011
This is just such a fantastic series that I wonder why it is so difficult to get on DVD and why it comes with a warning about suggestive or bad language. I think it's a great laugh, a wonderful reflection of life in those days and each character is perfectly created, warts and all. Please make it easier to get the other series on DVD.

The Royal, Complete Series One [2003]  [DVD]
The Royal, Complete Series One [2003] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amy Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 11 Nov. 2011
I have been waiting for so long for this wonderful series to come out on DVD. I just hope the other series come out too. I love it, it makes me laugh and even shed a tear and reminds me so much of when I was small - fantastic

The Cat Who Came in from the Cold
The Cat Who Came in from the Cold
by Deric Longden

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 6 April 2001
This is a delight, especially for cat lovers. It's one of those books that you don't have to work very hard at but it is lovely if you are feeling a bit low and want to laugh out loud. I admire anyone who can take the daily routine of life and inject fun into it.

The Handmaid's Tale (Contemporary Classics)
The Handmaid's Tale (Contemporary Classics)
by Margaret Atwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 6 April 2001
This is such a gripping book. Margaret Atwood encourages you to identify with the characters and whilst there appears to be little action, there is a current of expectation which is maintained throughout the book. The ending just makes the whole novel more believeable and therefore more frightening. It poses the question whether this kind of situation really could arise in the reader's own society.

Bridget Jones's Diary: A Novel
Bridget Jones's Diary: A Novel
by Helen Fielding

4.0 out of 5 stars A good laugh, 6 April 2001
This book is funny and a good light read. Just don't expected to be over-stirred emotionally as it doesn't set out to do any such thing. Some of the entries, although somewhat exaggerated in Bridget can be recognised by some of us as our own obsessions at some point of our lives. I did think the ending was a bit contrived.

The Deptford Trilogy: Fifth Business, The Manticore, World of Wonders
The Deptford Trilogy: Fifth Business, The Manticore, World of Wonders
by Robertson Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, memorable and thought-provoking, 5 April 2001
Robertson Davies draws me into a world of which I know precious little and treats me as though I understand it, and, surprisingly, I do. This is more thanks to his clear explanations than to any ability on my part. The characters are thoroughly believeable and down to earth yet each has another breakaway side that endears and makes them memorable. I can read these books time after time and still find new aspects to enjoy.

The Reginald Perrin Omnibus: "Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin", "Return of Reginald Perrin", "Better World of Reginald Perrin"
by David Nobbs

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 5 April 2001
I find Reginald Perrin great fun, although maybe by the third book I was finding the plot in all three a little "samey". It is, however, a lovely sideways look at what we value in our lives and a gentle poke at all of us safe "middle-class" people.

Page: 1 | 2