Profile for Doctor D > Reviews

Content by Doctor D

Doctor D

Page: 1 | 2
Kit Twin Universal UK Mains Travel Charger Adapter Plug with USB Connection for Smartphone, Mobile and Tablet Devices - Black
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent double charger, 14 April 2014
In these days of some many dodgy chargers causing fires and failing prematurely, this one has been fantastic. It charges two phones simultaneously with no fuss and doesn't get warm. Feels well made and solid and has been used all over the world with a travel adapter with no problems.

Highly recommended.

King Size Electric Blanket - Washable - 158cm x 153cm - Twin Controllers - Dual Control
Offered by CostMad-UK
Price: 49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Mine failed within guarantee period and seller won't respond., 14 April 2014
Bought on 1st Dec 2012. Mine was described as a Pifco on the details, but the seller sent an Elpine brand which I'd never heard of, although according to the instruction book it had a 24 month guarantee so I decided not to make a fuss.

We used it from 26/12/12 (wife's Christmas present) until 1/4/13 with no problems. On 4/10/13 it was checked by Trading Standards at one of their electric blanket testing days. Although it passed the check, the inspector advised me to watch the elements as they appeared to be badly stitched in their locations and coming loose. He told me to stop using the blanket if they broke free of the stitching as twisted elements can be one of the causes of overheating and fires with electric blankets. The blanket was fitted back on to the bed in October 2013 and I removed it from the bed 31/3/14 to find that 3 of the element loops are completely free of their stitching and resting against the outer top seam of the blanket, meaning I should stop using it.

Neither the seller; Tool-Genius Ltd nor the importer Elpine (actually NT International) of Birmingham will respond to my emails despite the guarantee still having 8 months left to run. I phoned NT initially and they told me to email them, but they now ignore emails!

AVOID THIS SELLER AND THIS PRODUCT!

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 1000 - Black (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 1000 - Black (Retail Packaging)
Price: 11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value - Easy to use., 21 Mar 2014
We have several of these and they have all been excellent. Easy to set up, good shape in the hand and all have excellent battery life with 1 alkaline AA battery. I think it came with a Duracell AA to get started.

LG 22EA53VQ 21.5-inch IPS LED Monitor
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5-inch IPS LED Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Money, 21 Mar 2014
Works well with a range of inputs and very good picture quality. I had not considered LG but other reviews were good so I thought I would give it a try. Very pleased.

Time Guard TS900 - 24hr Immersion Heater Switch
Time Guard TS900 - 24hr Immersion Heater Switch
Offered by Delightful-UK
Price: 16.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well - easy to fit, 21 Mar 2014
Very pleased with this for the price. I had no problems getting thick heat proof immersion heater flex into the terminals but you have to be methodical and prepare the tails to the correct lengths.

Roobarb & Custard family organiser wall calendar 2014
Roobarb & Custard family organiser wall calendar 2014
by Flame Tree Publishing
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Family love it!, 21 Mar 2014
Plenty of space to write appointments and good to have separate family member sections. Had to use a bent paper clip to hang it off the wall hook as pre-punched hole very small.

Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church
Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church
by Lauren Drain
Price: 15.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - a good read, 21 Mar 2014
I have always had a morbid interested in this fanatical group and Lauren's book gives good insight into their ways. Obviously it's written from her viewpoint but it's quite balanced - unlike the WBC!

10 x 100w ES,E27 R80 Spotlight Bulb
10 x 100w ES,E27 R80 Spotlight Bulb
Offered by The Lightbulb Company
Price: 8.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Eveready bulbs not Ring branded., 21 Mar 2014
As the description said "by Ring" I was expecting bulbs from Ring Lighting. My heart sank when I was delivered Eveready bulbs. I have used these before and the longevity was awful. These Eveready branded bulbs are nothing to do with the good quality Eveready products of my youth, it's now a brand name for an importer of budget light bulbs.

In fairness, the seller was excellent and offered to refund, but as they were very cheap and I needed bulbs urgently I have agreed to try them to see if this batch is better than the last one where most bulbs only lasted a few hours and some failed immediately.

Belkin N150 Wireless Router with Push Button Security Set Up and Network Status Display (F6D4230uk4)
Offered by BESTBUYIT
Price: 12.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value - ideal as a wireless access point, 14 Nov 2013
Arrived very quickly - actually received a Belkin Surf F6D4230 with a note to say let them know if this wasn't suitable. Seems fine to me as I only wanted it for an Access Point and it actually has a specific setting for this which means you don't have to disable DHCP, firewall etc separately.

Came with a Europlug 2 pin transformer plug and a proper 2 pin to 3 pin adapter Euro Pin Converter Plug Adapter rather than a wobbly shaver adapter.

Very happy with value for money and speed of delivery. Product works fine and replicates the WiFi signal into the furthest reaches of the house.

HOTPOINT LARDER FRIDGE THERMOSTAT
HOTPOINT LARDER FRIDGE THERMOSTAT
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Hotpoint item at an excellent price, 4 July 2013
Genuine Hotpoint item at an excellent price and with quick delivery. Easy to fit, just copy the way the old one comes off!

Page: 1 | 2