Profile for Gadget Girl > Reviews

Content by Gadget Girl

Gadget Girl

Page: 1 | 2
Genuine Kanger Coil Heads 10 x 2.5ohm Protank 1 & 2 / Mini Protank 1 & 2 / UniTank / Evod
Offered by SNS Supplies Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars 6 of 10 coils defective - so far!, 10 Oct 2014
So far, I've found no working coils. 6 out of 10 are complete duds. Severe burnt taste, completely useless.

Make of that what you will fellow customers.

Seller - "Kangertech"; I request a full refund. Quite happy to return the remaining four of your disfunctional coils so you can 'confirm' they are defective. As long as you pay the postage, of course.

I await your reply. I will post an update to this review, for fellow Amazon clientele, about your customer service in this matter.

I have kept a copy of this communication for my records.

Real Change: Set in a politically turbulent South Africa before real change happened

5.0 out of 5 stars High-paced and action-packed, 3 Oct 2014
A high-paced, action-packed thriller set in South Africa during the turbulent 1980s; Real Change faces the brutal side of the struggle against oppression and showcases fictitious examples of the sort of individual bravery that helped to lead the way out of the dark ages.

The pace of this book sucks you into a world of fearing for the safety of the main characters and not being sure whether the clumsy antagonist will fail to bungle his next attempt on their lives. Once I got started, I just couldn't put this book down until I reached the final climactic scenes.

Humangear Go Toob Liquid Travel Bottles (Pack of 3) - Clear/Green/Blue, 60 ml
Humangear Go Toob Liquid Travel Bottles (Pack of 3) - Clear/Green/Blue, 60 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful but they enjoy sliding down glass, 3 Oct 2014
These are great for travelling and allow you to easily pack liquids and discern between them.

The flaw with the product comes when using the suction to stick them up. I'll often be sleeping in a hotel bed and hear three thuds throughout the night as they lose all suction power. On the plus side they've already slid halfway to the ground so the thuds aren't too loud.

Tip: to change the label for one of the bottles, the plastic ring can be pulled up and separated from the rest of the lid portion before being reinserted at the "shampoo" or "lotion" slot.

Samsonite Ultimocabin 50cm Upright Iata Approved Cabin Case, Silver
Samsonite Ultimocabin 50cm Upright Iata Approved Cabin Case, Silver
Offered by Marken-Koffer

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for regular use, 3 Oct 2014
After travelling way too much, this bag has become an absolute necessity in streamlining my mobility.

The front pocket comfortably fits a laptop or two and a tablet and I usually slip any liquids in here for easy access through security.
I like that the main part of the case locks with a tsa lock so I can use it for checked luggage with peace of mind.

Overall, a good sturdy bag which has proved invaluable for regular use.

The Railway Man
The Railway Man

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart wrenching, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Railway Man (Kindle Edition)
I found this book to be a thoroughly good read, providing an insight into an aspect of the war I was oblivious to.

The story is incredibly moving - spanning from the events experienced by the author through his coping with the repercussions throughout his post-war life. Occasionally the pacing of the book is a little jarring, jumping from action to the slower pace of civilian life, but this is easily forgotten in the aftermath of a story well told.

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality chicklet, 7 Feb 2014
I am a guilty reader of chicklits and frequently devour them, but I can't deny that the average chicklit is not usually a quality read. I remember reading the first two books years ago and thoroughly enjoying them so it was with no hesitation that I threw myself into this one.

The age group has changed, as can be expected, but the appeal of the character and the skill of the writing remains the same. The plotlines, although a little predictable, were beautifully woven with the Bridget-style anecdotes that in any other authors hands would come across as cringe worthy.

Dan Taylor is Giving Up on Women
Dan Taylor is Giving Up on Women

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 2 Nov 2013
Made for an enjoyable, light read. Over almost too quickly, the book flew by in an evening. Nice to read a book like this from a male perspective, by a male author. Despite the masculine heritage, it's still a chicklet at heart.

How I Made Over $1 Million Using The Law of Attraction: The Last Law of Attraction, How-To, Or Self-Help Book You Will Ever Need To Read (Law of Attraction Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Motivational, 27 Oct 2013
A simple book that covers the basics of what you need to know to attract positivity and joy in your life. Thank you.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 22 Feb 2013
It's been a while since I have read a book with such an air of innocent delight. Jonasson has spun a web not incomparable to the experiments on spiders under the influence of various narcotics, both charming and lifting the spirits of the reader.

A recommended read for anyone who loves the art of good storytelling.

The Game of Life and How to Play It
The Game of Life and How to Play It

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Religious Propaganda, 23 April 2012
I can understand that amongst the religious market, this book would score reasonably well but, to be honest, I didn't give it the chance.

With no warning in the blurb or the first 5 reviews as to just how religious this book was, I went ahead and purchased the kindle edition. All I can say is I'm glad there's such an efficient return policy on Amazon. Page 1 hits you straight away with strong christian tones and after skimming 13% of the book in the next minute, it appears the majority of the book follows the same trend. Returned and got my money back.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2013 7:59 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2