Profile for rugman > Reviews

White Light Generator [2lp+7"] [VINYL]
White Light Generator [2lp+7"] [VINYL]
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Blinding, but...., 19 Mar 2014
Like all the CBP albums, this is stratospheric. Bloody awesome, blinding, but..... Be aware that for some reason best known to themselves the pressing plant or distributors have decided to put a big, and I mean BIG sticker right across the front top of the vinyl album. DO NOT try to remove it, its a not removable one. I was pre warned about this so I'm keeping mine with the sticker on, but might buy another one when they get enough complaints/returns.

Lord of Light
Lord of Light
by Roger Zelazny

5.0 out of 5 stars best book ever, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: Lord of Light (Hardcover)
Having reached the grand old age of 55 and read hundreds possibly thousands of books of all genres including classics, biographies, historical, horror, sci-fi et al, I feel I must speak.The reviews of people who think that Zelazny has "made up" some pretty good names for the Gods etc, a big Hohoho to them, because they are NOT made up you thicko's, they are Hindu deities, jeez, read a book!! If this is not in your top 10 list of books read, then either you've only read this book and the Beano or you simply have zero imagination.
Its awesome in its scope and depth and has constantly been one of my favourite books, above His Dark Materials, Lord of the Rings, even Dune. Obviously he cannot beat Dickens, but then again, who can?
My suggestion if you dont "get" this book, is to stick to your x-box.

Happy reading

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars some problems, 17 Mar 2011
In theory this is a good knife, but on the one I received the thin locking bar is slightly too long, so that when you open the blade it won't "pop" across to lock the blade. Because of this it is not strictly a lock knife anymore. However because I don't want the bother of sending it back, I'm going to take it apart and attempt to fix it myself. If I manage that then it'll be a nice knife.

Joseph Rodgers Pocket Knife Stainless Pruner Blade
Joseph Rodgers Pocket Knife Stainless Pruner Blade

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite right, 17 Mar 2011
Again, no leather pouch which is dissapointing. Not even in a Joseph Rodgers box which may of helped. The knife itself is ok except for the fact that there is no groove in the blade for opening (slightly dangerous ?). Go for the drop point blade version instead, which is excellent.