Profile for Vicky Gwosdz > Reviews

Content by Vicky Gwosdz

Vicky Gwosdz

The No-Cry Discipline Solution: Gentle ways to promote good behaviour and stop the whining, tantrums and tears
by Elizabeth Pantley
Price: 7.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - I now have the best behaved kids in the country..., 9 Sep 2009
This book completely altered the way I "disciplined" my kids. I often yelled at them for lack of a better method for discipline. I never worked. The kids would only cry, scream and fight even more, and I felt worse every time this happened.

The book helped me change that. It's often not easy combining three under fives, a full time job and a husband who is out of the country all week, every week. But my girls are amazing. They know the rules, they understand what consequences there are if they don't play by them. We all love the "restaurant rules". In stead of me saying: sit on your chair, use your knive and fork, don't shout, don't mess with your food, ... I just have to remind them to follow the restaurant rules, and they know what I mean. We have different sets of rules for shopping, playtime, eating out, ... and they know them all.

The most amazing proof of how well this book works is when complete strangers give me compliments on how well my girls are behaving. It makes me positively glow with pride.

Thanks for such an amazing book!!!

The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night
by William Sears
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 1 July 2008
That's the word I would use to describe the book. With my second daughter (who was just as the first one a terrible sleeper) a health visitor suggested I "let her cry it out". The result was both of us crying haf the night and now almost two years on, she still is a horrible sleeper.

When I was pregnant with the little one, I read this book. We started the system when she was just three weeks old and she is a delight. She'll fall asleep on her own at night. When she wakes up for a feed, she'll drink, and go back to sleep.....just like that! No dummy's, no walking her to sleep, no endless crying, just blissfull sleep!

She is happy, content and well rested, and I'll be too....as soon as I teach my middle daughter to sleep ;-)

The Lesson of Her Death
The Lesson of Her Death
by Jeffery Deaver
Price: 5.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Sloppy attempt to thriller, 5 May 2007
I have read most of Jeffrey Deavers books and love them. Sadly this was a true disappointment. The story was sloppy and the storyline kept getting lost in all the trivia.

Some of the characters are very well described and give a real-life feeling. However this realness of some of the characters only makes the fiction-ness of other even more clear (somehow all of the professors seem to be sleeping with students???). And some characters had no use at all in the book (not even story-wise). Ben Breck provided no value at all to the story for me.

The story seemed to come to a climax several times in the book, but when the story finally reached its climax, it got lost in words. It felt as if the book was written in between much better novels and shortly before sending it in, the author remembered that he still had to allow for a killer to be caught.

Final note. So what was the 'Lesson of her death'?

All in all, a very weak story from an otherwise amazing writer.

If you want to read real good Deaver novels, go for 'The blue Nowhere' or 'The Cold Moon'.