Profile for milly > Reviews

milly

The Complete Guide to Spinning Yarn: Techniques, Projects, and Recipes
The Complete Guide to Spinning Yarn: Techniques, Projects, and Recipes
by Brenda Gibson

5.0 out of 5 stars Top book for the novice or experienced spinner., 24 Mar. 2013
After a few years away from working with wool,this book was just what I needed to refresh my enthusiasm. It covers a variety of fibres and spinning techniques with some wonderful recipes for textures, and colour blends which I am able to order from my supplier until I can set up my own dye-pot again. From Go to Woah the many colour illustrations are most encouraging and informative.

Palaeography for Family and Local Historians
Palaeography for Family and Local Historians
by Hilary Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Handwriting made readable, 8 Dec. 2012
This is an excellent book with many examples of early handwriting, with transcriptions and translations from Latin - which I needed for an old document. Very lucid commentaries, well printed and presented. I have already recommended to fellow
family researchers.

Warrior: The Amazing Story of a Real War Horse
Warrior: The Amazing Story of a Real War Horse
by General Jack Seely

5.0 out of 5 stars An old friend, 17 Feb. 2012
This was one of my favourite horse books as a child,and I was sad to lose track of it whilst moving around during WW11. So a real 'must have'when I found the re-print,with even the original Munnings illustrations.Warrior has cropped up in other books still in my possession,so very much an old friend who has now led me on to buy the biography of his owner - Jack Seely,which is proving to be a really entertaining read.It is admitted that J.S.has an extravagant style,but having heard first hand tales of Front Line WW1,Warrior's escapades ring very true,and I will take great care to hang on to this copy for many re-readings.