Profile for Mrs. A. Crump > Reviews

Content by Mrs. A. Crump

Mrs. A. Crump "Miss Feenee" (Leeds, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
OVEN PRIDE OVEN CLEANER 580013
OVEN PRIDE OVEN CLEANER 580013
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding product, 19 Aug. 2013
I'm not usually one to write a review for a cleaning product but felt i had to for this as it is so impressive. We have lived with brand new oven for 3 years but being pretty naive about how to clean it, and to be honest, lazy (I'm quite house proud but it's so easy to keep the oven shut and not think about the mess inside!) the oven was quite frankly disgusting - the shelves were almost enirely brown and I'm embarrassed to say the oven itself seemed to be covered in a thin layer of gunk with burnt patches throughout. I have tried Oven Mate before, and found this worked well on the glass window but not on much else, so i was skeptical about this product.

It is superb and so easy, excellent instructions. Gloves are provided but i used my own as they come further up the arms and when reaching to the back of the oven that's what you need. I also wore an apron. I shoved two shelves and the grill pan shelf in the bag with the mixture and followed the instructions (tilt to coat, leave for two hours, tilt again, leave for four hours). After the initial two hours the liquid was already brown. After four hours it was black. I followed the example of a previous reviewer and after a quick wash down with soapy water chucked them in the dishwasher and they can out gleaming. On each shelf there are maybe 2 little brown marks still but they are barely noticeable and would come off with a second go, which I intend to do sooner than another 3 years!

Onto the oven. It doesn't take long to apply - I squeezed it into the bottom and used an old flannel to ensure everything was covered. The only small issue is it is quite liquidy and the intructions state that you shouldn't get any on the fan element or heating element, so I had to really avoid those areas to make sure I didn't get any on, meaning it was difficult to get every bit of the over coated. But this is a minor gripe - you will never find a product so specialist that is perfect and I'd rather avoid those areas of the oven than ruin them by getting the product on them.

4 hours later I removed the excess liquid with the flannel, then used a new one with soapy water to get the remainder off and it took a few wipes round but the effects are staggering. The oven looks amazing. Aside from two bad stains in the bottom (which I think would come off with a second application) it looks brand new. Considering the state of it I am beyond delighted with the results. And it really didn't take much effort.

Disposing of everything was fine - i just made sure I washed the gloves I used with washing up liquid before taking them off, and I also wiped over the taps/kitchen side and floor, and anything else I'd been near with such a corresive liquid. Also - as far as I could tell there are no fumes and no horrid smell - but I kept a window open throughout just in case.

All in all a superb product - finally I would say that the price here is expensive, I paid nearly half this in a supermarket.

Joseph Joseph Citrus Reamer with Pip-catching Cup - Grey/Yellow
Joseph Joseph Citrus Reamer with Pip-catching Cup - Grey/Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent design, 6 Mar. 2013
I'm very pleased with this, really does the job and the catcher for the seeds is great, it catches them all but lets all the juice through easily and cleanly, no sticky fingers. Very impressed. Only thing I would say is it's a chunky piece of kit - ours is hung up, but if you want to put it in a drawer or utensil holder it could be a bit bulky.

Gisela Graham Shabby Chic Wooden Heart Coasters in Wire Basket
Gisela Graham Shabby Chic Wooden Heart Coasters in Wire Basket
Offered by rubythursday

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality for the money, 6 Mar. 2013
Very pleased with this item for the price paid, will make a lovely gift for a friend. Item is very 'shabby chic' - be prepared for lots of marks on the coasters but that suits them. Shame there are only 4 coasters in the stack, they are very thick, but I'd rather they be thinner and we'd got more coasters instead. However looks great and I know my friend will love it.

Pantone 8 Bone China Espresso Mug, Warm Gray
Pantone 8 Bone China Espresso Mug, Warm Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Gift, 5 Mar. 2013
Not a lot to say really - hubby was delighted to find this in his stocking as he's wanted one for ages and at this price it was great value compared to the high street.

Faringdon Set Of 6 Ice Balls
Faringdon Set Of 6 Ice Balls
Offered by Harts Of Stur

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value product, 5 Mar. 2013
I'm very pleased with this product - i have bought it as an extra little gift to tag onto my brother's birthday present. The Ice Balls have come in a plastic wrapping attached to card (like batteries would be) which isn't the most aesthetically pleasing for a present but then for the price I didn't expect it to be. The main thing is quality which looks great and there are good concise instructions for use on the back. For the price I think they are a great little product and will solve the problem of watering down good whisky with ice cubes. Great sellor too - product arrived very quickly.

The Night Sky Month by Month (Astronomy)
The Night Sky Month by Month (Astronomy)
by Will Gater

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea, for adults as well as children, 6 Nov. 2012
I have bought this as a gift for my parents after reading other reviews and I'm not disappointed. I had been concerned it might be a 'children's book' but after reading reviews that suggested otherwise took the plunge. I haven't studied the book in detail as it's not for me, but I'm impressed by the layout, text, pictures. I love the fact that it's in chronological order so at any given time you can flick to the relevant page and know what to look for. My parents - who are amatuers in terms of astronomy but say they will look to get more into it as they retire - will love this book, and I think it will get plenty of use as well. It's also fantastic value - it's a large book and hard backed. I'm impressed, thanks Amazon.

The Owl and the Pussycat
The Owl and the Pussycat
by Edward Lear

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story then, just a good now!, 6 Nov. 2012
I bought this book for my 3 year old neice for Christmas, because my parents read this to me when i was a toddler and I can still remember it almost word for word now. I look forward to reading it to her soon - she's also owl obsessed so hopefully this will be right up her street. The book is lovely - bright pictures, large text etc, and there's a nice touch in the front cover - a 'this book belongs to' box on the front page where I have not only been able to write her name, but sign it from us as well.

Touchy-feely Nativity (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)
Touchy-feely Nativity (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)
by Fiona Watt
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Quality Book, Simple Telling of a Special Story, 6 Nov. 2012
I have just received this book which I have bought as an early Christmas gift for our nephew, who is also our God son. We wanted to get him something (he is 2 years 3 months) that we and his parents could read to him to start explaining the meaning behind Christmas in a way he could understand.

It's a lovely book. Very good quality, a larger than expected book, with only 5 double page spreads for each 'bit' of the story (trip to Bethlehem, birth, Shepherds, Wise Men, arrival of both and gifts). There are only a couple of sentences on each page - post of the page is given over to lovely colourful pictures with different textures for babies to feel. I think the book is beautiful.

My only point is that, if anything, I think our nephew is almost already getting too old for the book - it's got very thick card pages (I guess to prevent chewing!) and the textures etc are perhaps for slightly younger children - I would maybe recommend this book from about 18 months old as the story is short enough to be read before they lose concentration! However it will certainly do for him this Christmas and at the price on Amazon is excellent value - I look forward to reading it to him.

The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
by Dave Myers

5.0 out of 5 stars An Utter Revelation, 11 Sept. 2012
I can't begin to praise this book enough. We (hubby and I) watched the series and were so inspired by their attitude to the diet and the receipes that we bought the book straight away. For the last 5 weeks almost all of our meals have come from this book.

Some of the best we have done so far - korma (takes ages, but tastes just like a korma and as it's for 4 people we put two portions in the fridge for an easy meal another day); beef chilli bowls - our favourite receipe in the book, we have probably had it 5 times; cajun chicken and wedges - another favourite, you feel like you're eating chips; wraps for lunch (i replace the tuna with egg mayo (extra light), or chorizo slices); and the english breakfast with watercress - very filling. We also made the pies, which again took an age but then did us for 3 meals (although you must make them in foil, we used pots and couldn't get the pies out). We have had scrambled eggs every day for breakfast which fills us up so much better than cereal, meaning I'm not desperate for lunch by 12pm!

What really amazes me is it's getting 5 fruit/veg down us every day, helping me enjoy flavours I didn't like before (bacon, tomatoes!) and we never feel hungry because we are eating more protein and less carbs! Plus we're not counting calories - we know if we have 3 of their meals we'll be on target. Only thing that has been difficult is not having a glass of wine - but we just have tonic water with a bit of elderflower cordial in it, in a wine glass instead and it feels like it could be sparkling wine.

So far I have lost 9lb (and have not had a single spot in weeks!) and hubby has lost 7lb (on top of 2 stone in the last 2 years). We each want to lose 28lbs in total (2 stone). The weight loss was quick the first two weeks and has now slowed down, but we know this is a long term life changing plan, not a quick fix and it's working. We have more energy, we're cooking together, we're eating more meals at the kitchen table instead of in front of the TV and we're enjoying food. We are delighted and will carry on for as long as it takes and beyond. Please bring out a second book with more receipes HB - and thanks so much for this first one!

East of India TO HAVE AND TO HOLD Hanging Card Wedding Sign
East of India TO HAVE AND TO HOLD Hanging Card Wedding Sign
Offered by Brown Paper Packages tied up with string

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Product, but Make Sure you Know it's Made from Card!, 28 Mar. 2012
Received this is good time from seller, very happy with that and product was well packaged. I wanted something to give to a couple as a wedding gift in addition to the vouchers they have requested which always seem a bit impersonal to me for gifts.

Lesson learnt for me however, I did not expect this product to be made of (very good quality) card, I thought it would be metal and it isn't. It's not a problem I suppose as I don't imagine the couple I'm giving it to will keep it outside, but metal would be more hard wearing and just look a bit more expensive. I went back to the purchase page and the sellor does mention it's made from card so it's my bad. For the price it's a great product anyway!

Page: 1 | 2