Profile for RayC > Reviews

Content by RayC

RayC

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
65W Charger for Acer Travelmate B113 P243 P253 P273 P453 P633 P643 P653 P6 B1 - Original Lavolta Laptop AC Adapter Notebook Power Supply - 19V 3.42A
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger, which in my opinion, 6 Nov 2014
Great charger, which in my opinion, is a better design than the original; and a lot better value.

Arrived quickly and well packaged and charged the Acer TravelMate B113 as expected.

Timberland Mens Earthkeepers Adventure Cupsole Chukka Trainers
Timberland Mens Earthkeepers Adventure Cupsole Chukka Trainers

4.0 out of 5 stars Foward thinking!!!, 20 Mar 2014
I purchased a pair last year in what I now know to be Dark Olive. I love them so much that I thought I would buy a pair to put in the attic just incase they stopped making them when they needed replaced.

I bought these, but they turn out to be quite a bit lighter in colour than the Dark Olive and in reality are more of a dark beige\grey.

Still the shoes are the same comfortable fit and, well as they are a different colour I just started wearing them. Two pairs splitting the wear will see them both lasting twice as long hopefully!

I'm a size UK 9, which is normally classed as a Euro 43. but these are marked as a UK9\Euro 43.5. A little on the roomy side, but the UK8.5 was a tad tight. I fitted a pair of Brasher 3mm Volume adjusters ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brasher-3mm-Volume-Adjusters-Grn/dp/B003UTVEGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395340561&sr=8-1&keywords=brasher+3mm ) in each pair and they are spot on.

VEO - Car Stereo Auxiliary 3.5mm Male to Male (Aux-in) Input Cable (Ideal for Car Aux in / Ipod, Ipod Touch / Iphone 3g + 3gs / Nano 5gen Mp3, Ipad Sansa) Braided black 1m
Offered by icestation

5.0 out of 5 stars Little black number..., 17 Jan 2014
Wanted a cable to connect my laptop to my media unit, about 1m in length and preferably in black. And I would really like a fabric one, which didn't cost the earth. Now where on earth would I find one...

...wait up; here's one. "CLICK!"

Arrived quickly and does the job fine! I know have Spotify through the media unit.

"1001 Songs\Albums You Must Hear Before You Die" here I come.

EZ Ruler (Kindle Tablet Edition)
EZ Ruler (Kindle Tablet Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware: Big fat 0 stars., 4 Aug 2013
The measurements aren't even correct on my KindleFireHD. I measured something at 17cm and couldn't understand why it was smaller than expected. Measured with a real ruler: it was just under 15cm.

Why is the app mixing inches and metric? When did we ever use 5.5"? It should be 5 1/2".

Useless.

Genuine IBM / Lenovo Battery for ThinkPad T61 Series (14.1" widescreen)
T61 1959, T61 6377, T61 6378, T61 6379, T61 6480, T61 6481, T61 7658, T61 7659, T61 7660, T61 7661, T61 7662, T61 7663, T61 7664, T61 7665
Genuine IBM / Lenovo Battery for ThinkPad T61 Series (14.1" widescreen)

4.0 out of 5 stars Correct battery..., 20 April 2013
I purchased a different battery for my T61. It didn't fit even though the T61 was listed in the models. Not a problem due to Amazon's good return service.

To save time I decided to buy this one: Cost a bit more, but at least it's the correct battery for my aging laptop. Good price too for an OE battery.

Crumpler Light Delight 4000 Bag for Camera - Black
Crumpler Light Delight 4000 Bag for Camera - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I need..., 20 April 2013
Originally purchased a Crumpler Pretty Boy (PB) for my Canon S3. It's a great bag and has served well, but when I "upped" to an EOS 450D it was OK for the camera and lens, but when I started adding lenses it ran out of capacity. I have a backpack camera bag, which is great for when I take just about everything and a wateproof jacket, but I was looking for a bag to chuck on my shoulder and be capable of holding a bit more than the PB.

This fits the bill perfectly. I fit my EOS450 fitted with Tamron 18-270mm, plus my Canon 50m F1.8 and Tamron 10-24mm plus cleaning cloth and spare cards. At a push I can also get my Canon 28mm F2.4 in too, however I do make use of Canon nylon lens bags to protect the two smaller lenses as they stack in the same compartment.

I purchased black. It's good looking bag and not an obvious camera bag. Time will tell to see if it holds up as well as the PB.

Tissot Men's Seastar 1000 Auto Watch T0664071705700 Stainless Steel
Tissot Men's Seastar 1000 Auto Watch T0664071705700 Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars After 2 years looking..., 6 Feb 2013
My other half wanted to buy me a watch for my birthday in 2011. I chose this, but she already wasn't keen on my Seiko Divers watch, so she chose a Tissot PRS200, which I am very happy with.

However, Amazon seems to remember what one has been looking at and sends emails accordingly. So when I received an email linking to Divers watches, this was top of the list, with a good amount off of the RRP. I took a peak into my piggy bank to check funds and made the leap and treated myself.

Packaging is the now standard Tissot box, with the history of the comapany, relevant handbooks and carry pouch.

The weight lets you know you have a watch on your wrist without being too heavy and the size is perfect for my slender-ish wrist.

Love the movement and colours not too showy, but gains comments. And it's 1000ft water resistance will keep it safe in the shower and bath.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 6 Feb 2013
My other half doesn't "take" caffeine and it's amazing how many institutions and people still do not cater for this option.

So with a couple of these, a couple of roobois teabags and an Illy decaf ESE pod in her bag, it's easy to find a solution.

Calculator Plus Free
Calculator Plus Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app..., 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Calculator Plus Free (App)
Free, easy to use, does what I need it to, looks good, with unobtrusive ads. What more do you need.

AmazonBasics Stylus for Touchscreen Devices
AmazonBasics Stylus for Touchscreen Devices

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to., 5 Dec 2012
Sure there are cheaper ones and dearer ones, but this one just does what it needs to do.

The Amazon Basics logo wears off after a few days so no-one will see you're a cheapskate either.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3