Profile for R. Mitchell > Reviews

Content by R. Mitchell

R. Mitchell (Belfast, Northern Ireland)

Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Offered by LT Lighting
Price: 25.57

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing birthday present.., 11 Jun 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this as part of my husband's birthday present so I am sharing his opinion.
Here are his three biggest gripes:
No character customisation.
No character relarionships.
Linear plot line.

If you're a game player, I guess you'll understand what this all means...
I feel fairly confident that he wouldn't recommend it, and I'm glad that I bought him some other stuff for his birthday or it might have been a disaster!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2012 12:08 PM BST

Amazon.co.uk Email Gift Card - (generic design)
Amazon.co.uk Email Gift Card - (generic design)
Price: 1,000.00

5.0 out of 5 stars easy-peasy...!, 12 Sep 2011
This is such an easy present for someone who has an Amazon account. I first became aware of them several years ago when my friend Liz sent one to my daughter for her birthday, and she was beyond delighted. It's the equivalent of the old booktokens we used to get as children, with all the freedom of choice that they allowed us. Plus there's no post to worry about - and you can pick what date it arrives in the lucky recipient's in-box, so you can organise it ages in advance.
As far as I'm concerned, there is no downside to this product, it has worked like a dream everytime I've used it.

The Ladybird Book of Trees
The Ladybird Book of Trees
by Brian Vesey-Fitzgerald

5.0 out of 5 stars cute and nostalgic!, 13 July 2011
It's actually quite hard to get good 'tree identifying' books, and this was recommended to my husband by a tree expert, so I ordered it. I remembered having a copy at home when we were kids, and it was just the same, the published date was 1963!.
There are drawings in it, rather than photographs, but it's a great little book for all ages, and who doesn't love having old ladybird books about the place!

Sharpener Desk Tidy  (by Suck UK)
Sharpener Desk Tidy (by Suck UK)
Price: 12.46

4.0 out of 5 stars presents.., 13 July 2011
I bought a couple of these as stand-by gifts for all those difficult-to-buy-for men in my life. I'm very pleased with the quality,there's a really 'solid' feel to them. I think my brothers etc will like them - they've got to be better than socks or aftershave anyway!

Enchanted April [DVD]
Enchanted April [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alfred Molina
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting!, 4 May 2011
This review is from: Enchanted April [DVD] (DVD)
We first saw this film years ago on television, bought the video, and have finally moved up to the dvd!
It's a charming, if slightly fanciful, tale of rediscovery and friendship. The array of now firmly extablished actors is impressive( Alfred Molina, Miranda Richardson, Joan Plowright, a very young Michael Kitchen etc etc etc)and it's a pleasure to watch them all.
It's easy viewing,slightly magic, and and makes me want to go to Italy every time I watch it!
I hope that most people will enjoy it as much as we do.

Dr. Fegg's Encyclopaedia of All World Knowledge
Dr. Fegg's Encyclopaedia of All World Knowledge
by Terry Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars out of print.., 1 Dec 2010
We were lucky enough to hear Michael Palin speak at the Belfast Festival this year, and he read several pieces from this book;to uproarious laughter from the (very large) audience, which is what prompted me, early the following morning, to search for it on Amazon.
It arrived a day or so later, and has a real flavour of Monty Python about it - it's mad, whacky, funny and gross in equal measure, and is a really good book to dip in and out of.
It appears to be written for a younger audience but I think almost anybody with a slightly quirky sense of humour will enjoy it.

Maura Laverty's Cookery Book
Maura Laverty's Cookery Book
by Laverty Maura

5.0 out of 5 stars A cookbook worth investigating, 17 Sep 2009
My mother had a copy of another cookery book by Maura Laverty, so I purchased this one for sentimental reasons.However, I found that there is a lot in it for todays cook too. There are several recipes that I intend to try, and the small illustrations at the start of each chapter are likely to be the only Louis le Brocquy artwork that I'll be able to afford!There is a full chapter dedicated to soups, and a large section on vegetables, so plenty to experiment with. The final chapter on a healthy diet is written by the artist's mother Sybil le Brocquy, who(according to my elderly Aunt, who knew her)lived to be 100!Presumably she knew a thing or too about a healthy diet!
All in all, a lovely addition to a keen cook's collection, and I'm very glad to have it in mine.
RM, 17/9/09