Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "WeeWilly" (Bristol, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Evolution: The Grand Experiment [DVD]
Evolution: The Grand Experiment [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Make up your own mind., 29 May 2015
I have just watched this DVD and found it to be very fair and balanced.
It did not set out to belittle good scientists - it set out, and was successful, to elicit frank and open discussion about some clearly inconvenient gaps in the evolution hypothesis.
What it also achieves as a by product is to hit a raw nerve in the defenders of the faith. Rather like climate change supporters, evolution supporters will not and can not tolerate any thought or opinion which might cast any doubt upon their profound beliefs and as a result we have to endure the moans and complaints of these "offended" souls in the reviews. Don't let their attempted mind control work on you!
The film tells us that there are disproven aspects of evolution theory still being taught to students. It also tells us that of the many millions of fossils, very few have been found which could be considered as truly transitional and that some of those supposed transitional fossils have been altered or enhanced to suit an agenda rather than proven.
Neither of those things are false and neither push creationism. They are demonstrably true and require investigation and explanation, not denial and concealment..

The Man in the High Castle
The Man in the High Castle
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars The series is now in development!, 12 May 2015
The full series is now in development and scheduled for release late 2015 to early 2016.

EasyAcc® Superspeed USB 3.0 7 Port Hub Bus-Powered and Self-Powered 2-in-1 Hub with 3.3 ft USB 3.0 Cable for Mac,iMac,MacBook Pro Air,Ultrabooks,Microsoft Surface RT,Laptops,Raspberry Pi,and any PC,White
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Rub a Dub Hub., 13 Feb. 2015
This is my third USB 3.0 hub and the only one that still works.
It's unclear why USB 3.0 technology is so "delicate", but it seems just that.
I have found it very difficult to achieve anything like promised transfer speeds in the past and it has been a problem to know where the problem lies.
The earlier hubs I have owned have simply failed to deliver consistently high transfer speeds.
This hub has, so far, not missed a beat and I can achieve full USB 3.0 speeds on my iMac. I have no doubt that it will work just as well for Windows.
Hopefully, no more problems with USB 3.0.

Delock Thunderbolt Adaptor SATA 22-Pin
Delock Thunderbolt Adaptor SATA 22-Pin
Offered by io-Computerdienst Germany

3.0 out of 5 stars Thunderbolt to SATA interface, 13 Feb. 2015
This was purchased to allow me to connect an SSD to an iMac.
The use of the Apple Thunderbolt interface should provide very fast transfer speeds.
In reality, the transfer speeds using a fast SSD are marginally faster than using a USB 3.0 interface.
As this interface costs about 6 times the price of the USB 3.0 option, plus the outrageous cost of a Thunderbolt cable to add insult to injury, it really cannot be recommended.
The device itself is OK, but is slightly unreliable due to the power supply supplied being a Continental version which has a tendency to drop out of the mains socket.
There is no real way to secure the SSD either, so it just hangs out of the interface plus a 12 volt power supply is needed to power it.
Scores on the doors - USB caddy 10, Thunderbolt Adapter 1.

Inateck 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk HDD External Enclosure Case with USB 3.0 Cable for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD, Tool-free, Optimized For SSD, Support UASP SATA III
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast USB 3.0 Drive caddy., 13 Feb. 2015
This is a truly brilliant device and was exactly what I needed to allow the use of an SSD with my iMac.
I had originally installed the SSD inside the iMac, but the need for a firmware update which could only be run under Windows (???) meant that the case of the iMac had to be reopened and the SSD removed. As this is not an easy task, I decided that I would not put the SSD back in the case.
This drive interface is stated to be optimised for SSD, so it seemed the logical choice. I did have concerns about the transfer speed, but as it turns out, these were unfounded.
The transfer speeds for the SSD when directly connected to the iMac SATA were only slightly faster than those achieved with this interface. In normal use, I doubt a user would be able to notice any difference.
Another advantage of this way of working is that I can plug this SSD interface into any Mac and have my complete home system available to me.
It is a really great product at an excellent price.

Aurora AX-595TV Scientific Calculator - Black
Aurora AX-595TV Scientific Calculator - Black
Offered by Oxford Educational Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars It all adds up nicely., 13 Feb. 2015
This is a very good value scientific calculator.
It does its calculations with great speed and accuracy.
With a vast array of functions, it should suffice for many years and cater for all my calculating needs.
I only wish I knew how to use it.
Practice makes perfect.

10pcs 8GB Swivel Design USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick (5 Mixed Colors: Black Blue Green Purple Red)
Offered by Sctech Feb

5.0 out of 5 stars Up Memory Lane., 13 Feb. 2015
Buying memory can be very risky and more often than not, the memory you receive is not what you thought you were buying.
Fortunately these flash drives are exactly as described. They have full capacity and operate at the expected speed for USB 2 memory.
I have tested all the drives I purchased and they are all perfect.
Excellent and good value.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Mouse alternative., 13 Feb. 2015
I wanted a replacement for the Magic Mouse that Apple supply with an iMac for reasons of usability. With the Magic Mouse, I never seemed to be fully in control and found that I would be navigated through online pages without my input. It may well be me, but I have been so frustrated at the amount of time I have wasted in retyping information which was lost when the mouse took control. I also found that the original mouse was very power hungry and needed replacement batteries far too often.
Owning a range of USB mice from my Windows days, I was tempted to use one of these in my Mac, but it seems that using a USB mouse in a USB 3.0 connection may slow down the USB 3.0 connection to USB 2 speeds. As I have storage drives connected via USB I didn't want to risk that and decided that another Bluetooth mouse was required.
I am not a great fan of expensive computer parts as the cost of expensive parts seems unjustified. The tonor mouse looked to be a good option and was duly ordered.
It arrived the next day, but I was unable to get it to work on either Windows or OS/X.
I presume it was a faulty item, so a quick email to the seller and a replacement was sent out immediately.
Fortunately this one worked without any problems and I am very happy with how it performs.
It is very light and feels quite good in the hand. It seems very responsive and I am very pleased with the value for money.
At this price and with such good support from the seller, you can't go wrong with this mouse.
Recommended.

Ashes and Diamonds
Ashes and Diamonds
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars It really is a ripper., 22 Nov. 2014
I enjoyed this show on BBC and was a little concerned that the new version might be inferior.
Was I ever wrong. This is a brilliant show and the new episodes are crackers.
Stunning scripts and acting.

TIGERBEDS 4ft 6in gas lift ottoman storage bed black leather
TIGERBEDS 4ft 6in gas lift ottoman storage bed black leather
Offered by TIGERBEDS

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleep tight, don't let the gas struts bite., 3 Sept. 2014
With much stuff to hide away, this bed offered me the chance to combine sleeping with a clean room. The delivery man arrived with two packages, one very much larger and heavier than the other. Opening the lighter box produced the headboard and footboard and various accessories packed inside the headboard. The second box contained the metal frame parts. After checking for completeness I began the assembly process. It is very straight forward an df it took perhaps an hour or so to complete. All the parts were well made (not always the case with Chinese products) and went together easily. The only tools needed were a couple of different sized allen keys for the various screws to build the frame and a small spanner to do up the two nuts securing the gas struts.
The bottom of the bed is covered with a rather inauspicious sheet of fabric so all your stuff sits on the floor and the bed is effectively pinned down unless you remove it all. That's not really a problem unless you want to move the bed around regularly.
With my memory foam mattress placed on the completed frame, I found sleeping as comfortable as it had been on a much more solid divan base so I believe the structure of this bed to be quit strong. My weight is too much to mention and the bed showed no signs of distress.
The gas struts are a little too strong and this results in some difficulty in closing the bed from the lifted position. It's more a problem for me as I do not have good access to the foot of the bed and have to push from the side.
All in all, the bed looks good and has swallowed a huge amount of unsightly stuff.
As the common people say, the jobs a good un!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4