Profile for Bluestocking > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Afterwards
Afterwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this book down, 14 April 2016
This review is from: Afterwards (Kindle Edition)
At first I couldn't quite understand who the narrator was but when I realised it all became clear. A very exciting and memorable book. One I won't forget in a hurry.

Parker Jotter Ballpoint Pen STAINLESS Personalised Gift ENGRAVED Your Message
Parker Jotter Ballpoint Pen STAINLESS Personalised Gift ENGRAVED Your Message
Offered by Gift Cookie

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice Pen, 15 Feb. 2016
This pen arrived very quickly which was good as it was for a christening present. My grandchild was delighted with it and it was nicely engraved. Will order more fir birthdays.

A Little Life
A Little Life
by Hanya Yanagihara

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but painful, 1 Jan. 2016
This review is from: A Little Life (Hardcover)
I am half way through this book and keep having to put it down when I feel I can't take any more. The suffering of Jude is awful and one wants to tell him he's not 'disgusting' but beautiful and sinned against. I think that has to be a sign of a good book, to become so involved. I hope to add to this when I have finished the book but really it's difficult to read too much at one time.

NERF Zombie Strike Flipfury Blaster
NERF Zombie Strike Flipfury Blaster

4.0 out of 5 stars Successful present, 1 Jan. 2016
Six year old grandchild was pleased with this present. Haven't seen it in action but it was a birthday success.

Vktech® Universal 3.5mm In-ear Shoelace Stereo Headphone Earphone Headset (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for the price, 26 Nov. 2015
Bearing in mind the low price these earbuds are not at all bad. I ordered two pairs and one was defective. The company (in Hong Kong) immediately offered a refund or replacement. So I was more than satisfied with the speed of their response. The working earbuds are a good volume and no worse than more expensive products. I don't know how long they will last but my expensive Apple ones only lasted several months before losing sound in one side.

FLIPACASE® Black & Tan New Apple iPad Mini 4 7.9" Case Cover (iPad Mini 4th Generation, Release: September 2015) Premium Leather Wallet Case Cover. Compatible With Touch ID & Auto-Sleep & Auto-Wake Feature
Offered by FLIPACASE®

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, 15 Oct. 2015
This is a good looking case. After a little blip in which the delivery was late the company did all they could to make sure it arrived safely. I was lucky to get it at a very low price but even at the current price I would still buy it.

BIG SALE! Iverson® iPad MINI tan leather wallet cover case compatible with free screen protector and cleaning cloth (Red)
Offered by E-Planet Sales Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty cover, 14 Oct. 2015
Arrived in good time. Fits well and will protect iPad. Nice vermilion red.

Iverson® iPad 4 Business File cover case compatible with iPad 2 and iPad 3 (WATERMELLON RED)
Offered by E-Planet Sales Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Cover, 10 Oct. 2015
Arrived much earlier than expected. A lovely colour and it fits well. I love it!

JBL Flip 2 Small Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Rechargeable Stereo Speaker with Built-In Microphone and Carry Case - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, 11 Sept. 2015
I bought this for a birthday present for my daughter but I have one myself. It's very useful as my hearing isn't great so I can put my iPhone on to listen to the radio and link it to the speaker which has great volume and take it all round the house, within the limits of Bluetooth. I would have given it five stars if the battery lasts a little longer but it's not a problem. Arrived in extra quick time after ordering. I love it.

With Love and a Huge Cocktail: One couple's wartime in letters
With Love and a Huge Cocktail: One couple's wartime in letters

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting account, 30 Aug. 2015
I found this book fascinating. It reminded me of day to day conditions in war time that I had partially forgotten. It's a real life account, in fact I know 'Mollie', the daughter. The husband's war is interesting too, and the voices speak out of the page. The book is a series of letters between husband and wife that by extraordinary luck were preserved. Once started I didn't want to put it down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9