Profile for R > Reviews

Content by R

R

Duronic IR815 Wireless-N Wifi Repeater Access point Amplifier / Wifi range extender 802.11n/b/g - More range for your network

3.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, but instructions are bad., 8 July 2013
I bought a very similar item (in white) to the one described here. It claimed to have the latest firmware revision 1.31.

I set it up like this without using the supplied Ethernet cable:

"Plug in repeater to the power supply.

The lights (all four I think) flash a bit. Then it settles down with "Power" lit and "Wireless" flashing.

On my computer, select "WiFi-Repeater" from list of available WiFi networks (instead of my usual one)
In a web browser, go to web page 192.168.10.1
Sign in as user: admin, password: admin
The browser displays web page http://192.168.10.1/home.asp

Click on "Setup Wizard"
Click on "Wireless Repeater Mode(Station)"
Click on "Next"
Click on "Select" button for my usual WiFi network (SSID)
Click on "Save and Reboot"
The repeater reboots, with "wait x seconds" message in browser window; it disconnects my computer from "WiFi-Repeater" SSID;
then the browser says it can't connect to 192.168.10.1

Then it auto-re-connects to my usual WiFi network. (says "WiFi-Repeater" and "WiFi-Repeater1" are also available.)

I unplugged the device and plugged it in again upstairs. Just my usual WiFi network and "WiFi-Repeater1" available. The latter appears to be the repeater, so you can choose whichever network seems to provide the stronger signal.
"

It would be nice if I could rename the repeater SSID. I actually get a better signal from the repeater than I do from my base station even if I am nearer the latter. Only just started today, so haven't run into any problems needing to restart (i.e. un-plug and plug in again) the repeater.

Trust 39-in-1 Mini SIM and Memory Card Reader CR-1370p
Trust 39-in-1 Mini SIM and Memory Card Reader CR-1370p

1.0 out of 5 stars I lost my SIM inside the reader, 1 Sep 2009
I got one of these to read SIM cards. Tried putting the card in with the diagonal notch first (like memory cards). It seemed to stop against some sort of barrier but did not work. Read the manual on the CD card which said look at the leaflet which appeared to suggest that the SIM should be inserted with the notch facing outwards. So I tried that. SIM card went straight in, into the inside of the device. I had to peel the label off, undo two screws, take a lid off and lever up the circuit board before I could get my SIM back. There is a white line printed on the circuit board to tell you how far to insert the card, but unfortunately this is not visible from outside the device.

The protective cap for the USB connector was split too. Have a look at the photos I have uploaded.

The SIM reader works with Windows XP (but not with WINE).

It is not entirely clear which categories of txt messages the software shows. The messages it displayed to me contained a large number with garbage in them, which could have been unused memory or messages in a foreign script. It can't show messages from the Outbox on my Nokia.