ARRAY(0xa65df474)

Executive Air
Executive Air
Price: 1.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Story, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Executive Air (Kindle Edition)
This is a good effort at an entertaining story. The author's background in corporate management and achievement of an MBA left me somewhat surprised to find so many spelling and grammatical errors. However, this only detracted slightly from the entertainment. Hopefully, his Master of Arts (Writing) studies will sort this out in time for his next book, which I will seek out.

Stagg SGA108BK Foldable Universal A Accoustic and Electric Guitar Stand
Stagg SGA108BK Foldable Universal A Accoustic and Electric Guitar Stand
Offered by RayGar
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as I expected, 9 April 2014
Simple to use and stylish with protection on the support arms and back of the stand to protect my instruments.

G/ROD  GORILLA TUB LARGE - YELLOW
G/ROD GORILLA TUB LARGE - YELLOW
Price: 8.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough Tub, 9 April 2014
This tub is as tough as expected and the one delivered to me was the full 40 litre size advertised.

Digital Stream DHR8206U Freeview+ HD, 1TB HDD, 3 x USB, Set Top Box with CI Slot
Price: 263.18

5.0 out of 5 stars How do they do it for the price?, 9 April 2014
I didn't know what a terabyte was until I researched this device. I now know I am unlikely to fill up the disk! I wanted a new recorder so that my existing Humax Foxsat PVR can be left in our holiday home. I also wanted to be able to record the additional freeview programmes not available on freesat. Working on the basis that if it seems too good to be true it probably is, I took some time before ordering this unit from Bentham Ltd for 99.99. So far I needn't have worried. The unit arrived very soon after ordering and was well packaged. Setup was fairly straightforward and there is no discernible difference between the unit picture quality and that of the TV, without the unit (which is excellent) Functions are similar to the Humax but there are a few differences, some of which have been mentioned in other reviews. My view is that this is a different unit and had I been used to it first, the Humax functionality would have taken some getting used to. It did take a little time to discover the delete function, but after I read about the many shortcuts through the white button I realised what a good idea this is. The Humax doesn't have the picture in picture function, which I am sure sports fans will use, but the Digital Stream doesn't have the option to select "watch" so that the channel switches to a scheduled programme when it starts (at least, I haven't found that function). This is only a minor issue and I can easily live with it. Once or twice the unit has frozen, but has continued to function normally after about a minute. On the first occasion I rebooted, but I think a little patience would have avoided the need for this. Reserved programmes have recorded perfectly, every time, and the playback functions are everything I am used to. When a programme starts to be recorded, the unit displays a message to this effect, which is a little annoying and I can't seem to be able to turn this off. However, pressing exit will remove the message immediately. In conclusion, this is a quality unit with full functionality and a massive memory for a staggering price from Bentham Ltd.

2 x Eiger Tyres x 2 Tubes
2 x Eiger Tyres x 2 Tubes
Offered by Adventure Northumberland
Price: 15.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 9 April 2014
This review is from: 2 x Eiger Tyres x 2 Tubes (Misc.)
These tyres and tubes are ideal for my need, which is general use on roads and tracks. I purchased from Rutland Water Cycling and delivery was very fast. The packaging was novel - tubes attached to tyres and an address label attached to them. However, our postman wasn't the least bit concerned and the fast delivery proves it's an effective method. I shall be ordering another pair very soon - yes, for this price you get two tyres - amazing value.

Atlas World Music 14 inch White Calf Skin
Atlas World Music 14 inch White Calf Skin
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as expected, 13 Jan 2014
The item I received was of good quality and just as expected. The thickness of the skin was even and strong enough to be stretched over a banjolele body

GALLASILL: The True Story of Gallows Hill (a ghostly thriller)
GALLASILL: The True Story of Gallows Hill (a ghostly thriller)
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 13 Jan 2014
This story kept me intrigued and looking forward to by nightly read. It was just spooky enough without rewarding me with a sleepless night. It is beautifully written in some parts but in others the writing style jarred a little, although not enough to be a problem. Martyn is clearly an accomplished writer with a fertile imagination. I found myself easily visualising scenes through his descriptive writing.

Gardens of Stone: My Boyhood in the French Resistance
Gardens of Stone: My Boyhood in the French Resistance
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 3 Dec 2013
I really didn't want this to end. I am a fan of Michael Wright, so I expected his treatment of this true story to be handled with sensitivity and humour. I was not disappointed. Like Michael, I also live in France and often see the roadside monuments to the Resistants, usually where they were gunned down. The story illuminated this tragic era of our recent history and, in my opinion, provides a vivid picture of the heroes and cowards who found themselves handling this turbulent time in their own ways. The story alone is breathtaking. Add to this Michael Wrights skilful writing and you have a true story that reads like an action and adventure novel.

Samsung UE32F5000 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV
Samsung UE32F5000 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV
Price: 249.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Oct 2013
This product is everything I hoped for. The narrow frame makes this a discrete TV with a picture that fully fills the screen. Although the same size as the one it replaced, this picture does seem larger. Comments regarding the sound quality did concern me but shouldn't have done. If you are an audiophile, wanting high quality sound, then an additional sound system will be required. However, the sound is perfectly good for everyday viewing. One other pleasant surprise is that it doesn't have one of those annoyingly distracting bright blue or red lights on the panel - why do some manufacturers do that? The full HD specification means that the built in freeview receiver will supply HD from your aerial. It also operates flawlessly with our Humax HDR satellite receiver. I purchased from Hughes Direct who provided a faultless service.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2013 7:01 AM GMT

PRYCKLE
PRYCKLE
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: PRYCKLE (Kindle Edition)
What a fabulous read. I realise now that I had become somewhat jaded in my reading. The same old subjects just being recycled to sell a book. And then along came Pryckle. The first few pages offered such promise that I was a little disappointed when the account of the battle seemed to take the story in a different direction. I must admit to feeling that the author was indulging his clear knowledge and passion for this era. I speed read this section, while still managing to pick up the key characters that would appear later. Once we got back to the main plot I was riveted. This is a stunningly unusual plot, told by a master storyteller. The multiple layers of the story didn't once catch out this writer - his attention to detail is faultless. The story is so well told that I almost believed it could have happened. And just looking at our world, the malevolence is almost certainly still out there........

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5