Profile for Teresa > Reviews

The Road to Le Tholonet: A French Garden Journey
The Road to Le Tholonet: A French Garden Journey
by Monty Don

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 30 April 2013
If you love good writing and/or gardening this is a book for you. I admit I am a fan of Monty but would not buy a book just because his name was on it. This is fabulous, he really evokes a sense of place and time. The fact there are few photographs takes nothing away at all and really makes you concentrate on the writing. Might I suggest the reviewer who was disappointed by the lack of photographs, if they have not already sent the book back, give it a try, I think you will be surprised.

Annie Bell's Baking Bible: Over 200 Triple-tested Recipes That You'll Want to Make Again and Again
by Annie Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Baking book of 2012, 24 Feb 2013
I have been cooking and baking for over 30 years, so I was very intrigued by some of the methods Annie Bell uses. Everything I have tried thus far has turned out perfectly. The chocolate sandwich is a triumph and now a firm favourite; the walnut banana bread the easiest one I have ever made and absolutely delicious; the good old-fashioned sticky ginger loaf (my personal favourite so far) by-passes many of the steps I have used in previous recipes and the result is a wonderfully, moist, sticky cake; the madeira cake, another favourite and very easy to make. I am so impressed with the book I have bought it for other people who have also loved it. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Cake: 200 fabulous foolproof baking recipes
Cake: 200 fabulous foolproof baking recipes
by Rachel Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Cake, 11 Sep 2012
What a wonderful follow up to Bake. Both books, as per usual with Rachel Allen, are easy to follow and written with knowledge. I have made a number of the cakes including the Victoria sandwich. All were wonderful. Generally my sponges are not brilliant but this one turned out a treat. There is a vast selection of cakes to choose from and all use easy to find ingredients. If you like baking and eating cake, buy this book. I have a vast collection of baking books and this one would be in my top five along with Bake.