Profile for J. Clark > Reviews

Content by J. Clark

J. Clark "mumtoellie" (York)

Keela Simpson Advance Jacket
Keela Simpson Advance Jacket
Price: £29.99 - £49.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket - we are about to buy our 3rd!, 29 Feb 2012
We bought our daughter her first Keela Simpson when she needed a navy coat for school which we wanted to be suitable for weekend use as well, and replaced it when outgrown with another one. We are about to outgrow this 2nd coat and will replace it with another one without any hesitation - it is quite simply the best outdoor coat we've seen/used. We buy the jacket 'large' and tend to get 3 years use out of each one, the fasteners on the sleeves mean that you don't end up with hands lost half way up. We have the fleece liner for winter and our daughter has walked in sub-zero temperatures and driving rain and remained warm and dry each time. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the coat to anyone - interestingly we have a 'pass down the line system' and the first coat is about to go to it's 3rd user and is still as good as new!

Bendominoes
Bendominoes

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great game!, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: Bendominoes (Toy)
Our 10 year old daughter bought a set of Bendominoes with some Christmas money and we have thoroughly enjoyed playing this very good twist on the standard domino game. The pieces are lovely to handle, the colours make it easy for younger children to join in and the frustration caused by having the right spots but 'bent the wrong way' makes it highly entertaining for all. Great game, it's going on our list of 'games we will give as presents'!

Gone With the Windsors
Gone With the Windsors
by Laurie Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars My 'nothing else to read so I'll read it again' book!, 11 May 2011
This review is from: Gone With the Windsors (Paperback)
This is the sort of book which I rarely find, or put down. It's by the bedside now, waiting till I have one of those 'nothing to read' moods when I will pick it up for the umpteenth time and dip in and out of it's very amusing tale of a time I am too young to remember. Maybell is a wonderful creation, and her observations (I particularly like her amazement that a Cole Porter could play and sing so well and was wasted hauling coal) are beautifully put together. Buy it!

The Team
The Team
by K.M. Peyton

5.0 out of 5 stars Another glorious Peyton read, 26 May 2009
This review is from: The Team (Paperback)
Fly by Night was one of my favourite teenage reads and I was delighted to find this follow up. Now most certainly past teenage years and heading to middle age I found this had all the magic of Fly by Night with the added spice of the slight hint of a growing relationship between Ruth and Peter. A lovely read.

Blue Skies and Gunfire (Definitions)
Blue Skies and Gunfire (Definitions)
by K M Peyton

5.0 out of 5 stars Peyton at her best, 26 May 2009
This is vintage Peyton, wonderfully written with characters who come out of the page to you. An unputdownable read which I devoured and would have immediately read again if my Mother hadn't seen it and grabbed it!

Mr Majeika
Mr Majeika
by Humphrey Carpenter

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful bedtime reading!, 15 April 2008
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Paperback)
My daughter received this book as an Easter present from her Godmother, and it instantly appeared to a 6 year olds sense of fun and adventure. We normally do 'a chapter a night' but ended up getting through this book in double quick time as it was such fun and so lovely to read. We are now building a collection of other Majeika stories to sit alongside our Jeremy Strong books!

Great Sea View Camping and Caravan Sites in Britain: 2
Great Sea View Camping and Caravan Sites in Britain: 2
by Brian M Leahy

5.0 out of 5 stars Sea views by the bucketload, 30 Jun 2007
This book has become our first port of call when looking for a campsite near the sea. Brian's clear descriptions are accurate (for all the sites we've been to) and havn't let us down yet. Just booked the site at Monifieth for a stop off point en route to Orkney!