Profile for Belle Noir > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Buzz Silver Aluminium Chain Screen
Buzz Silver Aluminium Chain Screen

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough .., 24 Nov 2014
I bought this product on the basis of the great reviews, but sadly it does NOT keep flies out in my experience. The product was easy to fit, is of substantial good quality and looked the part, however the chain links are quite large and I watched the flies fly straight through them, on a number of occasions.

Crocs Women's Cap Toe Flat Stucco/Black Ballet 12300-16U-460 6 UK, 39 EU, 8 US
Crocs Women's Cap Toe Flat Stucco/Black Ballet 12300-16U-460 6 UK, 39 EU, 8 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Crocs with a difference, 24 Nov 2014
Lovely shoes and difficult for anyone to tell that they are Crocs, as they look so smart. Very comfy to wear, and sizing fitted as expected.

Bioguard Surgical Hand Gel Pump Dispenser 500ml
Bioguard Surgical Hand Gel Pump Dispenser 500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential for me, 24 Nov 2014
This stuff is truly excellent - I rely on it since we have no hot water at work to wash our hands - cold water only. It provides peace of mind yet cares for your hands. I used to use cheaper gels but these damaged the skin on my hands. Biogard is well worth a few pounds extra in my opinion.

Bronte by Moon Snowflake Throw, Grey/ White
Bronte by Moon Snowflake Throw, Grey/ White
Offered by Simply Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 24 Nov 2014
Beautiful pure wool throw - you can really feel the quality and I love the modern nordic/scandi look. Unlike other makes, this one is not prone to piling/bobbling. I only wish that it was blanket-sized to cover my bed, not throw-sized, however it looks lovely folded at the end of the bed.

Large Rectangle Chalkboard Labels Stickers x 12
Large Rectangle Chalkboard Labels Stickers x 12
Offered by Boltberry

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but good, 24 Nov 2014
These are great for food container labelling in conjunction with a liquid chalk pen, and unlike other types of label the writing can be wiped and re-written. Very smart looking in a row, and the labels can also be cut to size if necessary. Only gripe is to do with the cost - they are rather pricey for what they are.

Offered by K D Trading

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described ... cheap and nasty .., 24 Nov 2014
Ref: 3 Pairs Ladies winter thermal Gloves - 8 Different Styles (Fingerless Black Gloves) - Sold by: K D Trading

At around £5 including postage for 3 pairs, I guess I ought to have known better, but even so these gloves were disappointing.

They are NOT Thinsulate-lined - which was the sole reason I bought them.

They are made from cheap, unlined scratchy acrylic wool which unravels and plucks really easily and they do not keep my hands warm in comparison to higher quality fingerless gloves. I wore them for the first time today and they look as though they have been worn a hundred times.

Best avoided unless you are in the market for cheap, scratchy, unlined, short-lived gloves which don't keep your hands warm ..

THREE PACK TIGI ACCESS ALL AREA'S SHAMPOO BAR x3
THREE PACK TIGI ACCESS ALL AREA'S SHAMPOO BAR x3
Offered by at Mr Cosmetics (UK Based Seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Astoundingky, luxuriously effective ..., 1 Oct 2014
This is a shampoo bar, but not as I have ever known them before. I was kind of expecting this bar to strip my hair of its natural oils, leave a soapy residue behind, and a tangled mess of hair. To my great surprise I found the polar opposite - a gentle but luxurious deep lather which thoroughly cleans your hair, leaving no residue at all.

My hair was left soft, clean, shiny and delightfully fragranced. My long, coloured hair is prone to tangling, so I smooth through a drop of argan oil after towel-drying, however I suspect that many will find conditioner to be unnecessary after using this shampoo bar. At most, a spray of some light leave-in conditioner should suffice.

Plus each bar lasts for ages - just ensure to use a free-draining soap dish so as to ensure that the bar dries out fully between uses, otherwise like all soap bars it will go mushy.

I have actually given up using liquid shampoos in favour of this shampoo bar, as it is a pleasure and luxury to use and with less packaging hopefully a bit better for the environment. I only wish that the wrapper of this bar was made from cardboard (more easily recyclable) and not plastic but then I guess the packaging was designed with travellers in mind, and the plastic re-sealable packet enables the soap to be transported following use without leaking or marking the other contents of one's luggage.

It has certainly made me think twice about liquid shampoo - it plus all the plastic bottles really aren't necessary at all - just a marketing ploy to make us feel that we are getting more for our money compared to a bar of shampoo, when the opposite is true, and the corresponding waste packaging is more damaging to the environment.

Cannot recommend this shampoo bar enough - I love it. Give it a try and you will likely be converted also.

TIGI Rockaholic All Access Shampoo Bar 100g
TIGI Rockaholic All Access Shampoo Bar 100g
Offered by Catwalk Beauty & Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars Astoundingly, luxuriously effective ..., 1 Oct 2014

Twelve Pack Tigi Access All Area'S Shampoo Bar 12x100g
Twelve Pack Tigi Access All Area'S Shampoo Bar 12x100g
Offered by at Mr Cosmetics (UK Based Seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Astoundingly, luxuriously effective..., 2 Sep 2014

Creation
Creation

3.0 out of 5 stars Eagerly awaited but has disappointed me slightly .., 2 Sep 2014
This review is from: Creation (MP3 Download)
Eagerly awaited, this album has disappointed me slightly. I purchased with confidence, without preview or review based upon owning - and absolutely loving - all the Pierces' previous albums.

For me, this album is missing the soulful .. kooky ... catchy (and often creepy!) songs which the regular listener will have come to expect from the Pierces - the mood feels slightly more 'strident' and upbeat but the songs are somewhat bland - perhaps a requirement of the record label?

The songs are pleasant enough to listen to, but are not 'stand-out' like previous albums. Don't expect the likes of 'Turn on Billie' or 'Lights On' with this. Check out soulmoxie's review, which explains a lot about the mood of this album. She is also absolutely correct that the one aspect which is always above reproach is the singing itself. Only siblings can sing in such perfectly-pitched harmony, and the Pierces sound even better live.

I wish that I had sampled the songs on this album before purchasing - because I feel that then I would may not have proceeded to purchase - at least not the entire album. Thirteen tales of love and revenge' remains for me far and away their best album.

'Try before you buy' is my best advice with this one. I am interested to see what other reviewers make of it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20