Profile for Belle Noir > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nice'n'Easy Age Defy Permanent Hair Colour -  Medium Ash Blonde Number 8A
Nice'n'Easy Age Defy Permanent Hair Colour - Medium Ash Blonde Number 8A

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifesaver!, 24 Feb. 2015
I purchased this from a supermarket, not amazon, due to a special offer.

I turned to this dye as I had a bit of a nightmare at the hairdressers. I went to them for a change after using L'Oreal Superior Preference Rose Gold Blonde 8RG for a year - I was tired of the warm reddish blonde colour and wanted to darken and cool down my blonde colour. I thought this type of change was best left in the hands of hairdressers - how wrong was I?

For reasons best known to herself, my hairdresser (not my usual) applied a L'Oreal 9 ash blonde majirel to my roots, and then worked an 8 ash blonde majirel through to my lengths. While washing these out, the horrible yellow-orangeness of my roots must have been very apparent, as she then proceeded to apply a toner (read: bleach) on my scalp, which began to itch, then to burn unbearably. After this was also washed out and I sat back down in front of the mirror, I knew that I was very unhappy with my root colour, and that the no9 majirel used had not lifted my base colour enough.

The hairdresser explained that she had exhausted her 'maximum 2 colours in 24 hours limit' and that the most she could do would be to apply a few foil lowlights to my fringe area to blend the yellow in. Needless to say, the result of this was less than satisfactory, the yellow roots still extremely visible (see attached 'before' photo to the left), and to boot I was charged £80 for the "privilege" of this plus a cut and blowdry.

My scalp still burning from the bleach treatment when I returned home, I decided 1) against ever returning to this hairdresser, and 2) to purchase an ash blonde home dye kit to try to counteract the yellowness, and chose this 'age defy' one, based on the good online reviews. I should note that I do not have grey hair, but chose it simply because it seemed a good all-round ash blonde kit.

I chose to wait 3 days before applying, concerned that it may inflame my scalp, but I need not have worried - it neither itched nor burned, and felt as though I simply had a hair mask on - it was rather soothing. I know that I would not have been able to say the same of my previous L'Oreal kit. The Age Defy kit also wasn't one tenth as noxious-smelling as my previous L'Oreal kit - i.e. it was not necessary for me to apply the creme while standing in front of a fan turned on full-blast, nor to dash about from room to room, trying to evade the fumes!

The creamy formula was plentiful (enough for my fine-but-plentiful, just-below-shoulder hair) and did not drip. I had thought the pre-treatment might be a bit of a faff, but that wasn't the case at all, everything was very easy. I followed another reviewer's tip and left the creme on for an additional 10 minutes, to allow the colour to really soak into my hair.

The colour is a very pleasant dark caramel ash blonde - and I am just oh-so-thankful that my hair looks good again. It did a great job on my roots although I am not yet quite as ash-toned as I want to be - I think it will take a second application, focusing on the root area next time, for this to happen. See attached 'after' photo. The condition of my hair is also excellent post-use.

In summary, this is a very good dye and I intend to continue using it for the forseeable future.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Danish Design Sherpa Fleece Cat Igloo, 41 x 41 cm, Beige
Danish Design Sherpa Fleece Cat Igloo, 41 x 41 cm, Beige
Offered by Equestrian Performance

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost wish I was small enough to curl up in here ..., 10 Dec. 2014
This is a substantial (should fit the largest of cats), well-made, sturdy and warm fleecey igloo for cats. It is pricey but quality generally is - and I always buy Danish Design cat beds, knowing exactly how good they are. Buy one and your moggy will thank you for it :-)

Pukka Pad, Things To Do Today Pad 152x280mm
Pukka Pad, Things To Do Today Pad 152x280mm
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars These pads really do help, 10 Dec. 2014
I have loved these pads since first using them in my first post-graduation job. The pages are well designed and really do act to focus the mind on the day's tasks.

Keter Borneo Storage Box
Keter Borneo Storage Box
Offered by Garden Store Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars stylish, capacious, sturdy, functional., 10 Dec. 2014
This stylish and capacious box is great for all those garden odds and ends such as parasols, cushions and games, keeping them protected from the elements, and secure too if you purchase and fit a padlock to it like we have done. The box is sturdy and functional - not flimsy at all. It is great to have the extra space in our garden shed, we can actually find things now! Cannot recommend Keter customer services enough - our box arrived with a broken panel, and they were very efficient in terms of getting a replacement out to us.

Rolson 61770 72 LED Camping Light
Rolson 61770 72 LED Camping Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic led light, 10 Dec. 2014
A brilliantly bright light which we've stuck onto our fridge using the rear magnets - meaning that it is quickly to hand should anyone need to venture out to the garden at night in order to fill up the coal bucket.

Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File in Aluminimum Case
Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File in Aluminimum Case
Offered by Red Hot Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal nail file, 10 Dec. 2014
I don't quite know how this works, but it is absolutely fantastic at what it does. I have had mine a year now and it is still as effective as when new. The little case is quite sturdy and has coped well with living in my handbag.

Thayers® Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol Free Toner with Organic Aloe Vera 355ml
Thayers® Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol Free Toner with Organic Aloe Vera 355ml
Offered by UniStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Cools and soothes, 10 Dec. 2014
Great alcohol-free toner which cools and soothes your complexion, this has helped with my rosacea considerably. Gives designer brands a run for their money ... probably even outpaces them!

Grannys Original Soap Flakes
Grannys Original Soap Flakes
Offered by Betterware LImited

2.0 out of 5 stars Un-soapy, 10 Dec. 2014
Purchased in order to make some DIY fairy liquid, these were disappointingly un-soapy despite melting them in boiling water, however they did produce lots of soap scum.

Sistema Klip It Bakery Container with Scoop, 3.25 Litre
Sistema Klip It Bakery Container with Scoop, 3.25 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Sistema, 10 Dec. 2014
What's not to like about these? They are airtight, save on faffing around with clips/plastic bags, they stack together beautifully in my pantry, and they look great to a neatfreak like myself. Especially when labelled up with blackboard labels and liquid chalk...

Sistema Klip It Bakery Container with Scoop, 2.4 Litre