Profile for Belle Noir > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer 10oz
St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer 10oz
Offered by Adams Beauty

1.0 out of 5 stars Contains cetyl alcohol: not for sensitive skin!, 15 Dec. 2015
I actually liked the consistency of this cream but unfortunately was unable to use it for more than a few days so I cannot assess its supposed wrinkle-smoothing properties. Upon opening and sniffing it I found an overwhelming smell of alcohol, and to my frustration cetyl alcohol was found to be listed in the ingredients. I tried the cream for a few days but found that the alcohol stung my nose and cheeks, and made them red. Not recommended for sensitive skin. If it had not contained the alcohol I would have been happy to have continued using it.

Milton Maximum Protection Antibacterial Surface Wipes
Milton Maximum Protection Antibacterial Surface Wipes
Offered by Medideals

5.0 out of 5 stars Great job, 15 Oct. 2015
Bought them to sterilise my new stainless steel thermos flask - they do a great job without leaving the aftertaste that steeping in fair liquid does, and they remove tea and coffee stains too. I now use one of these tablets every week to keep my flask in a clean and hygienic condition.

Puro Dressing Table / Desk / 1-Drawer, Cream
Puro Dressing Table / Desk / 1-Drawer, Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with my new table, 15 Oct. 2015
I looked high and low for a modern cream gloss dressing table with a drawer, that didn't cost the earth, and I was pleased to find it here on amazon.

This is a self-assembly product but I can vouch that it is easy to assemble on your own without any assistance - and I am a female who is not at all into DIY! All of the various parts are clearly labelled with clear and easy-to-understand instructions telling you how to fit it all together. The only extra piece of equipment you will need is a star head screwdriver. If like me you are a complete self-assembly novice I would also urge you to watch a few youtube videos showing you how cam screws and locks work - but once you understand this, it is really easy. It took me only one hour to assemble the product, including faffing about / re-reading of instructions.

The finished product is as sturdy and solid as if it had arrived pre-assembled, and looks really good.

In terms of the assembled product's functionality, I have been pleased that the drawer is large enough to accommodate all of my make-up, and it is a pleasure to sit down at a proper dressing table to apply everything, with space aplenty instead of trying to balance everything on the bathroom window.

The only way I think the product could be improved would be with the addition of a push-open operation for the drawer (instead of gripping the bottom and pulling it open) however that is a very minor thing.

Very pleased with my new table and would recommend without hesitation to anyone considering it.

Please just be advised that upon delivery you may need help to get the package upstairs as it is very heavy. I managed it, but it literally took every ounce of strength and willpower that I had, and probably it would have been safer to have waited for help with that aspect.

Battery Motion Light, KooPower 10 LED [ULTRA BRIGHT] Wireless PIR Sensor Stick Anywhere Night Light for Indoor use (Hallway Cabinet, Drawer, etc)
Offered by Golden Battery

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, 16 Sept. 2015
Inserted 4 x AAA batteries (duracel) as instructed, but the light unfortunately did not work.

Returning to seller and intend to look for an alternative product.

Toutacoo, Adjustable Waterproof Bucket Rain Hat in Nylon 03-Light Grey
Toutacoo, Adjustable Waterproof Bucket Rain Hat in Nylon 03-Light Grey
Offered by TOUTACOO

4.0 out of 5 stars Reluctantly returning ..., 12 May 2015
Lovely hat, great style and practical, but sadly even with the 'adjustability' claimed it does not fit - I am a medium build. I suspect it would be great for petite ladies, and is of decent quality. Reluctantly returning.

Felix As Good As It Looks Cat Food Doubly Delicious Fish, 12 x 100 g - Pack of 4
Offered by Pet Connection

5.0 out of 5 stars Price hike, 1 May 2015
This is a great product and my cats love it - it actually looks as though it contains real meat instead of just gunk of unknown origin, formed in a factory somewhere. My cats are very audibly appreciative of this range, more so than any other.

I used to buy it from amazon, until they took it off subscribe & save, and increased the price by such an extent. I still buy it, just not from amazon anymore.

Stanley 6.6/ 1 Litre Classic Lunch Box and Classic Vacuum Bottle Combination, Green
Offered by BARGAINS-GALORE

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'Rolls-Royce' of lunchboxes!, 30 Mar. 2015
A sturdy and masculine lunch box of large proportions, this can accommodate the largest of lunches and keep everything beautifully cool until it is time to eat. Love the way that the matching flask snaps into the lunchbox. Pricey but this is the 'Rolls-Royce' of lunchboxes! An ideal gift for anyone who works in a manual job, or on-the-road.

SunSense Daily Face SPF50+ Invisible Tint Finish Sunscreen - 75 g
SunSense Daily Face SPF50+ Invisible Tint Finish Sunscreen - 75 g

1.0 out of 5 stars Best avoided if your skin is sensitive to alcohol-based skincare products, 30 Mar. 2015
I really wanted to like this product, but within a few seconds of application I had painful stinging across the parts of my face where I have mild rosacea, resulting in those areas going bright red.

Due to my sensitive skin I need to avoid skincare products with alcohol in them - e.g. certain foundations and toners. I have no sensitivity to other ingredients, that I know of. It simply did not occur to me that a sunblock such as Sunsense Daily Face would have alcohol in it (nowhere does it say this on its amazon page), but upon researching the ingredients on Sunsense's own webpage, I confirmed that Cetyl Alcohol is an ingredient. The website did not state the % volume, however I suspect it to be relatively high.

This has been a waste of time and money for me, as I am going to have to bin or try and give away this product. I am puzzled as to why a known skin irritant has been included in a sunblock product in the first place.

Large Dark Metal Wall Art Hanging Gecko
Large Dark Metal Wall Art Hanging Gecko
Offered by east2eden

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 18 Mar. 2015
This gecko is beautiful - large and bejewelled, he glistens on our wall! He is sturdily constructed and has survived the winter very well.

Osmo Intensive Deep Repair Mask 1200ml / 42.3 fl.oz.
Osmo Intensive Deep Repair Mask 1200ml / 42.3 fl.oz.
Offered by Pak Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars The best conditioner, 18 Mar. 2015
I dread to think how many conditioners I have purchased over the years, but this is the best, no doubt about it. 5 minutes on my hair leaves it detangled, sleek and shiny. I hope amazon continue to sell it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20