Profile for Mr. Paul J. Sargeant > Reviews

Content by Mr. Paul J. Sa...

Mr. Paul J. Sargeant (Watford)

Page: 1 | 2
FIFA 14 by EA SPORTS
FIFA 14 by EA SPORTS

5.0 out of 5 stars incredible, 16 July 2014
This review is from: FIFA 14 by EA SPORTS (App)
This game is absolutely phenomenal as it has absolutely amazing graphics and you can keep it up to date whenever you want to and I really like it because of its ultimate team

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars feint kitty, 6 May 2014
Mug looks great but the design fades. 4 months later it's really feint and thats not every day use and washing. It may be that its not dish washer proof ad its been through that about 8 times but the rest has been hand washing. As a novelty gift it was worth it but by next Christmas im guesing it will be just a plain mug.

Wrestling Revolution
Wrestling Revolution

4.0 out of 5 stars sound game, 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Wrestling Revolution (App)
This game is quite good and simple as all u have to do is tap the screen and pinch it as well

Injustice: Gods Among Us (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 11 Dec. 2013
Amazing game for dc lovers.Great buy if looking for something to entertain you. You should absolutely definitely get this amazing game

Electrolux ZT3520UK T8 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, Dark Grey and Red Metallic

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, But Not Great, 14 Sept. 2012
I got this hoover to replace my old one which just died. I wanted to go over to a bagless machine as the cost of the bags on my previous one were so expensive to replace and it seemed to make sense.

This cleaner had pretty good reviews from others and I needed to get a budget vacuum so plumped for this one.

I guess I've been spoilt, my Miele Cat & Dog was amazing and lasted me a good 8-9 years but cost me 5-6 times the price of this. I have a feeling this one won't last more than 8-12 months as it feels fairly flimsy.

The suction is ok, but not very powerful, it does struggle on some of the rugs and it takes some serious effort and time to get them cleaned properly. There is a turbo head available which doesn't come with this model and perhaps that makes a difference?

The power is fixed, there's no ability to have less suction or more suction, it is what it is.

The machine itself feels quite cheap and like it might break if it receives too many knocks. I dropped my Miele down the stairs twice with no ill effects, I think if this just fell off one step it might be the end of it.

However, it does vacuum and it is a reasonable price. I wouldn't have expected much more for the money to be honest. If you're on a budget and want something that does the job then I would recommend it, it might be worth getting the version with the turbo head and paying a few pounds more. If however you're looking for something long lasting and well built, i'd recommend a Miele!

So as my title says, it's not bad, but it's not great. Worth the money though.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says, 12 July 2012
Having had two official Apple Chargers break on me, the original square end one was notorious for the wires breaking and that's what happened, the new L-Shape one I then bought for £50 burnt out and when I went to replace I could only get one that was £65 so decided to look to see if there was an alternative, and that's when I found this one. I was loathe to spend £65 and needed one urgently as I was processing some wedding photos for a client. this one came at a third of the price and with next day availability.

It turned up the next day and it is what it says it is and does what it needs to. Yes, it feels cheaper than the official charger, it's lighter in weight and looks/feels like it built with cheaper plastic. However, it works. I plugged it in and it immediately started charging the laptop.

I've no idea how long it lasts but if it does 7-8 months it will have lasted longer than it's more expensive official version.

I didn't realise however that the UK Plug that comes with it is just that, a plug with no lead. It plugs straight in to the charger box and then goes straight in to the wall. Thankfully, the lead on my old one was fine and I was able to attach that one to this charger giving me the full length of lead I need. Just something to be aware of for anyone thinking about buying this.

To be honest if it lasts 6 months and then I have to replace it again for another 6 months with a new one at £20 I will have still spent less money on two chargers to see me through a year of work.

I've had it a week now and no problems. One thing I've noticed is that my laptop doesn't get as hot underneath with this charger as it did with the previous one I had.

Would I buy again, yes. Reading reviews of those who have had an issue with this it seems the company are willing to refund quickly and I'm sure they'd replace quickly too if asked.

Rabbids: Alive and Kicking - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
Rabbids: Alive and Kicking - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Fun I've Had on Kinect, 28 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm used to Ravin' Rabbids for Wii, but knowing I was spending the weekend somewhere that had the Kinect I decided to buy this to take with me to keep my 8yr old amused.

As with the Wii version, the games are little bit hit and miss, but none are so bad that you wouldn't play them again, just that some are definitely better than others.

The playing area for the Kinect is quite tight, if you wander too far out of the zone than it can be a little unresponsive. If, however, you stand where you're supposed to than this is causes no issues, we found all the games we tried responded well to our movements.

We only used the Quick Play section, didn't use the Party Play so I can only speak about this bit.

There is a huge selection of games to choose from in the Quick Play area, we played for over 2hrs and I'd say we still have at least 10 games that we didn't access at all to play in that time. There were two adults and one child and it certainly kept us amused. It is quite physical, there was a lot of leaping around involved, it involved as much energy, if not more, than the dance games you get for the Kinect. So don't expect to just stand there doing simple little moves, some of them are quite demanding. I felt like I'd done an hour of cardio!

Overall I would recommend this game, it does what it says and it did make us laugh. If you know Rabbid from the Wii game then you won't be disappointed.

Rec2 [DVD]
Rec2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Mellor

2.0 out of 5 stars Rec 2 - Disappointing, 14 May 2012
This review is from: Rec2 [DVD] (DVD)
I loved Rec and was looking forward to watching the second part. As a recent convert to the zombie movie genre, Rec had me on the edge of me seat all the way through, and although I was little disappointed with the ending it didn't ruin it for me.

So, decided to see the whole thing through to the end and watch Rec 2. I won't go in to the plot as there are plenty of other reviewers who have.

For me, this lacked the tension and jump moments that the first one had managed to do so well. I don't know whether that's because you knew the layout of the building this time and what was potentially waiting in each apartment, or whether it's just that the script and action wasn't quite as good this time round. I have no problem with the hand-held camera thing, it can work really well and that's been proven in a few films now, including Rec, but on this occasion I just got a bit bored of it. There were a couple of times when the camera was put on the floor so all you could see were feet running around. Both times it just annoyed me, it felt lazy.

My partner hated the whole religious aspect of the film, but I found that quite refreshing for a Zombie film, it wasn't just another unexplained virus turning people mad. Quite a nice twist I thought.

Where as I would sit and watch Rec again, I have to say that this DVD will be going to the charity shop now after one watch. It just didn't grip me and I didn't care about the characters, where as in the first one you got to know and like the group of people trapped inside the building, in this one I couldn't have cared less who survived and who didn't, I just wanted it to end.

It was watchable, but not really enjoyable or memorable. I gave it 3 stars for - It's Ok. That's it. No more, no less. It passed some time on a rainy Sunday night.

Lensbaby Scout with Fisheye Optic for Canon
Lensbaby Scout with Fisheye Optic for Canon

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun but not a serious Fish Eye, 4 Sept. 2011
I bought the Lensbaby for a bit of fun, not really sure what to expect. I have a Canon 60D, so not full frame, so I feel I should point out now that if you're not using a full frame sensor you won't get the full fisheye circle. My partner has a 5D and they get the full circle effect on theirs. Also, this is only 160 degree optic whereas most serious fisheyes are 180, so you don't get quite the same effect that you do with a top of the range lens.

It all sounds a bit of faff changing the F-Stop by taking out the optic and putting in the relevant f-stop disc and replacing the optic, but actually I find it really easy and not too inconvenient. If I'm out and about with the optic I tend to just choose one mid-range like F11 to use for most shots and only changing it if I want to do a landscape or something.

Focussing is a little bit tricky and I have found that the in camera exposure meter is almost irrelevant, there's a little bit of trial and error to get it right, There's a tendency for it picture to be over-exposed when the meter reading says it's fine, or even if you take it up on the shutter speed. You will need to play about with this to get used to it. However the more you play with it the easier this all becomes.

With that said, this lens is great fun and since buying it I have added some other optics and will get a couple more to have a play with. Ranging from £26 - £100 for the extra optics it does make these an easy purchase to justify once you have bought the actual lensbaby scout. Most of the effects can be done in Photoshop or other editing software, but there is something fun about producing the effect straight on the camera. I wouldn't necessarily take these on a shoot to a Wedding or event for work, but as something to play with I do like them. Is this a replacement for the quality of a £500+ Fisheye, no, but if you're like me and can't justify that kind of money on a lens then this is definitely a fun alternative and does produce good results.

Disney's Monsters Inc. Scare Island (PS2)
Disney's Monsters Inc. Scare Island (PS2)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's In French!, 29 July 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Have just opened this game after arrived yesterday and my little boy was all excited. However when the disc plays it's all in French. The instructions and the narration. I can't find an option anywhere to change this. The box and the instructions in the box are both in English. Is this just the wrong disc or am I missing the language option somewhere?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2010 10:57 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2