Profile for N. Smith > Reviews

TALA PASTRY BRUSH             1/10
TALA PASTRY BRUSH 1/10
Offered by Grids London

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice brush, 26 Jan 2012
There's not much one can say about a pastry brush!

This one is nicely made, it's a good size and feels like it will last. It is also a lot more appealing to the eyes than many!

Highly recommended, especially at amazon's price!

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Cake Tester
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Cake Tester
Offered by Palmer Riley Distribution Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very simple yet helpful tool, 26 Jan 2012
I have found this to be an invaluable tool whilst baking.

I used to use a knife or skewer but got fed up of huge marks in my cakes; especially if I was baking cupcakes.

I definitely recommend this.

Tala Angled Spatula
Tala Angled Spatula

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 Jan 2012
I initially learnt to bake at school where I had access to standard palette knives, I had never owned my own until I ordered this one last week. I don't know why I didn't order one sooner!

I'd read numerous reviews and guides on frosting cakes and many of them suggested using angled palette knifes; it is so much easier than using a standard spatula!

This one is made nicely and looks like it will last. It has a nice amount of give but is still very sturdy. It is also the perfett size for icing cakes from 6" diameter through to 15", I have also used it for icing cupcakes.

Also, ensure you purhcase it directly from amazon as it works out a lot cheaper; one of the sellers offers it cheaply but has obscene postage prices.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2014 8:36 AM GMT

Childrens/Kids Unisex Supersoft Animal Winter Thermal Trapper Hat (Monkey, Cat or Lion) (56cm) (Lion Design)
Offered by ROBERT SMITH ROWAN EXPRESS HATS

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jan 2012
I purchased this for a fellow student's birthday present.

Although the description states this is a children's hat it fits me fine; I have an average adult sized head!

It is made well with nice fabric, it's very fluffy and keeps it's shape when on your head. It has velcro on the two ear flaps to create a warm chin strap effect.

Highly recommended whether for a child or an adult with a sense of humour!

54 Pink Blush Butterfly baking cases / cupcake cases
54 Pink Blush Butterfly baking cases / cupcake cases
Offered by Cake and Cookie Central

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute cases!, 26 Jan 2012
I purchased these as a friend's birthday is fast approaching; I am making some cupcakes and needed some pretty cases.

These are perfect; they are made well, the colours don't fade after they've been in the oven and they are a nice size. I often find cupcake cases are incredibly small but these are just right.

I would definitely recommend these.

Smoother Polisher
Smoother Polisher
Offered by Tyvos Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic decorating tool!, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Smoother Polisher
I was a little sceptical at first; I ordered it out of intrigue rather than anything els. I'd heard good things about them but couldn't help but think £5 was a little excessive for a piece of plastic.

I wont lie, that's pretty much what it is. However, it is nicely made and the edges are smoothed over to a curve, it has a very nice finish and is a good size.

I wouldn't be without it anymore and wouldn't hesitate to buy another should I misplace this one.

Prestige Non-stick Bakeware, 12 Cup Muffin Tin
Prestige Non-stick Bakeware, 12 Cup Muffin Tin

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 Jan 2012
This muffin tin is great; completely non-stick, well made and easy to remove from the oven.

Please note, however, it is considerably wider than most muffin trays - do check it will fit in your oven! I have to slide mine into the grooves designed for my oven shelves / racks.

If it will fit in your oven, I highly recommend it!

3-Year SquareTrade Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle Keyboard (Free 3G + Wi-Fi)
Offered by SquareTrade Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 12 Jan 2012
I ordered the SquareTrade warranty and within approximately one hour I had been emailed the insurance certificate, along with instructions for creating a SquareTrade account. The warranty starts five days after the order date to allow time for the item you are insuring to arrive.

So far I am very pleased and £30 is a small price to pay for the reassurance that if anything happens to my beloved Kindle I will be covered.

Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic little device!, 10 Jan 2012
I read a great deal of reviews about the various ereaders on the market and ended up narrowing it down to the sony ereader and the kindle. I opted for the kindle; the amazon ebook store won me over, purely for the convenience factor.

I liked how it arrived with some charge; I didn't have to wait to test it out! After approximately three minutes I had my first book and was ready to go. I was not disappointed. The device is lightweight, easy to hold and the screen is truly genius - I was very wary of the reviews I had read and was pleasantly surprised to discover that it really does resemble paper and is completely glare free. I am partially sighted so the option to easily change the font size is possibly one of the best features the kindle has! Another feature I am fond of is the "percentage read" diagram - I enjoy the satisfaaction involved with being able to see how much you've read and knowing you've reached the half way mark, or only have about a third to go etc with a physical book, and thought I'd have to miss out. However, amazon have come up with a satisfactory solution - at the bottom of the screen is a bar with the percentage you have read next to it, and the percentage of the bar is shaded. It is rather nice watching it go up 1% at a time!

The Amazon Kindle store is very easy to navigate and purchased books literally reach you in seconds.

Another feature which I use a lot (which I have noticed is not widely publicised) is the email function. You can send a blank email with an attachment (pdf, word documents etc) and change the subject to "convert" and you will get the documents sent to your kindle and converted to kindle ebook format. Of course, you can also email personal documents without changing the subject title to receive pdf files - this is particularly handy for timetables etc Do note, however, that there is a charge per megabite for emailing personal documents whilst using the 3G connection, so it is wise to set up the wi-fi if possible. The amazon link regarding this is here, it is near the bottom of the page.

I didn't splash out and purchase the official amazon kindle cover but have got a very nice one, which I would recommend. It is availlable in a number of colours. TeckNet® Kindle Keyboard Premium Folio Case / Cover for Amazon Kindle Keyboard / Kindle 3 - Purple

I also purchased a reading light which is really handy to have, as there is absolutely no back lighting on the kindle. I didn't want to have a nice fancy looking kindle with a nice case and buy a cheap and nasty light - most of which have rather lethal looking clips so opted for the Octovo Solis light which can easily be removed and has it's own battery source (AA battery) which is very easy to change. Again, I highly recommend it. OCTOVO Solis e-reader Led Light for Kindle (Fits the Kindle Touch, New Kindle, Kindle Keyboard & Nook Touch)

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. I am able to read, check my social networking websites and play minesweeper all on the same device whilst on the go!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2014 11:13 AM GMT

Black & Decker PLR36NC Twist Screwdriver 3.6v
Black & Decker PLR36NC Twist Screwdriver 3.6v

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 4 Nov 2011
This electric screwdriver is brilliant. I ordered it as I had a rather stubborn flat-pack bookcase to put together. I had started putting the bookcase together at the weekend and had struggled with the screws, got fed up and ordered this. It arrived a couple of days later and within half an hour of it arriving the bookcase was completed! I was very impressed that it arrived with a small amount of charge; none of this business of charging the item before seeing if it was faulty or needed to be returned etc.
It isn't the most powerful of electric screwdrivers but it can be used manually. It works much better than a standard manual screwdriver; the size and shape is easy on the hands and I found it extremely easy to put in screws which I had previously struggled with.
I imagine the light will be a useful feature if ever using the screwdriver in a cupboard or dimly lighted room.
Overall, I am very happy with the purchase and would recommend it to anybody.
I have never had an electric screwdriver previously, it is self explanatory and simple to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8