Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Monument Valley
Monument Valley

5.0 out of 5 stars monument valley - five star puzzle, 4 Oct 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
Simple, clever, beautiful.

The Great Cholesterol Con: The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It

3.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting medical research - dreadfully presented, 31 Aug 2014
The research is convincing, the analysis and conclusions seem good.
Cholesterol is not a risk factor for heart disease.
Statins are a (potentially) dangerous and unhelpful intervention for most men and all women.
So why am I not giving the book more stars?
Well, it's because the first half of the book is written in the style of a smartypants schoolboy.
It is AWFUL!
I found myself fascinated by the research one moment, then cringing with embarrassment for the author for his silly comments.
There is no way I could recommend the book to anybody because the writing is so bad.
That is a massive editorial fail by the publisher, who should have told Dr Kendrick to let the facts speak for themselves and to cut out all the facile asides.
The second half of the book is much better, because the writing quality improves.
I'm going to follow Malcolm Kendrick's recommendations myself, but is a great disappointment I cannot recommend it to friends and colleagues.

Long Road, Hard Lessons: Ireland to Japan by Bicycle - A Gruelling Test of a Father and Son's Relationship
by Mark Swain

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!, 30 Jun 2014
Recommended, a great two person narrative on an epic journey. Lots of very funny incidents, and some tough moments too. Well written.

Tour de France: The Official 100th Race Anniversary Edition
Tour de France: The Official 100th Race Anniversary Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for cycling fans..., 30 Jun 2014
Great story, great pictures from Tours long ago.

Me Talk Pretty One Day
Me Talk Pretty One Day

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest, 23 April 2014
I cried.
I literally cried with laughing and could not read on when it came to the story of the giant turd left in the toilet.
I had to pass the book over to everybody else so they could understand.
Then the same thing happened to them.

Searching For Sugar Man Soundtrack: All Songs By Rodriguez
Searching For Sugar Man Soundtrack: All Songs By Rodriguez

5.0 out of 5 stars Rodriguez, 23 April 2014
A great story, great film, and superb music. Highly, highly recommended.
Currently, and for the last few months, the most played CD in my collection.

Hunter Unisex Original Tall Wellies Red W23499 11 UK
Hunter Unisex Original Tall Wellies Red W23499 11 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable boots, 16 Nov 2013
Great boots.
I've always thought that Hunters were over-priced and just fashionable, not practical.
I bought a pair because my daughter loved hers, they looked well made, and I found them at half-price on Amazon.
I'me very happy I did.

Anker® Astro2 8400mAh Dual USB Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank Pack with Built-In Flashlight for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, MOTO X, G, and most other USB-charged devices (Apple adapters - 30 pin and lightning, not included)

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker 8400mAh external battery pack, 5 Oct 2012
This is a small, solidly built, well designed device. I use it to charge my iPad, nexus 7, Nokia 700, and blackberry.
It works well and though I have no similar charger to compare it with, I can recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2012 11:17 PM BST