Profile for Alannah Murphy > Reviews

Alannah Murphy

The Necromancer's Apprentice
The Necromancer's Apprentice
by Icy Sedgwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story that will grip you from beginning to end., 6 July 2014
A gripping read that kept me entertained the entire time. The Necromancer's Apprentice is a well written tale that will keep you turning one page after next as it did me, and next thing you know, it's 2 am in the morning. Yes, it was THAT good. Icy weaves her tale with great enchantment, pardon the pun. I won't discuss the actual story, as I do not want to accidentally reveal spoilers, but there's plenty of dark magic and mummies to keep any fantasy/horror fan happy. I loved how I was able to picture Jyx's world so well in my mind, and I hope there is a sequel to it because it definitely left me wanting more!

Crooked Fang: 1
Crooked Fang: 1
by Carrie Clevenger
Price: 6.84

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read that will not disappoint. BUY IT NOW!, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: Crooked Fang: 1 (Paperback)
Crooked Fang is the kind of novel you'll pick up and won't put down until you're finished, and when you get to the end. You'll be wishing there was already a sequel written (there will be...) so you can go back to submerging yourself in Xan's world.

(You'll also be wanting to have a smoke, and sip some whiskey , or maybe that's just me...ha ha)

Crooked Fang is a well-constructed story, told from the point of view of Xan himself, and the novel is better for it. His way of explaining himself at times, will make you smile. His humanity comes through in spite of everything he does, and that is what makes this story so good. You'll feel for his struggles, though it's clear he has made his peace with what he is. Through his eyes, we see his world, and it's easy to picture yourself being there.

I could go on and on, but I won't, all I will tell you is that this is a REALLY great story, and Xan is a great character that you will love. I know I do.

The Guns of Retribution
The Guns of Retribution
by Icy Sedgwick

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love westerns and great writing, you will love this., 30 Dec 2011
The first thing I will tell you about Guns, is that it begins with a great action sequence on a train. It's an exciting beginning that's well written and you cannot help but root for Grey O'Donnell, even when we aren't that familiar with who he is. I won't spoil things by telling you too much about the story. It's more fun to actually read it.

I'd planned to take my time and savour each chapter, slowly, but I could not help but turn page after page to find out what would happen next. It took a lot of will power to put book aside so I could enjoy reading its end the next day, and no, I'm not exaggerating for effect, it is THAT good.

Icy does a great job weaving Grey's past throughout so we are able to get a good feel on the kind of guy he is and why going back to Retribution is so meaningful for him.

This really was a fun read, it ticked all the boxes a good novel should and I did not have any problems submerging myself into the world of Grey, Billy and Mahko.