Profile for Jan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Jackdaws
Jackdaws

5.0 out of 5 stars Jackdaws by Ken Follett, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Jackdaws (Kindle Edition)
I love all the books I have so far read by Ken Follett. This one does not disappoint and, if you enjoy war stories, I would thoroughly recommend this as an excellent and exciting read.

Green Darkness
Green Darkness

5.0 out of 5 stars GREEN DARKNESS by Anya Seton, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Green Darkness (Kindle Edition)
I have read this book time and again over the years. Sadly, I loaned it out years ago and it was never returned, hence, my re-purchasing it on Kindle! This is a story which grips the very soul - hauntingly romantic and sad. This novel is amongst my favourites of all time.
J. Fallon.

The Drowning Guard: A Novel of the Ottoman Empire
The Drowning Guard: A Novel of the Ottoman Empire

4.0 out of 5 stars The Drowning Guard: A Novel of the Ottoman Empire, 10 Mar 2014
I did enjoy reading this book - I had recently made a trip to Istanbul and it was great to be able to relate to places mentioned in the storyline. Would certainly recommend it as a very good read.

Outdoor Adventure Manual: Essential scouting skills for the great outdoors
Outdoor Adventure Manual: Essential scouting skills for the great outdoors
by The Scout Association

5.0 out of 5 stars Outdoor Adventure Manual: Essential Scouting skills for the great outdoors, 10 Mar 2014
This book was requested - as a gift to my scouting son. A book I know he will value as he is a scout leader and will refer to it all the time - full of guidance and advice.

The Indian Tipi: Its History, Construction and Use
The Indian Tipi: Its History, Construction and Use
by Reginald Laubin

5.0 out of 5 stars The Indian Tipi: Its History, Construction and Use, 10 Mar 2014
Purchased as a present for my son. This was a book on his Gift request list and so was always going to be appreciated. Therefore, difficult for me to review on a personal basis other than to say I know he loved it.

J.Fallon

Torches
Torches

5.0 out of 5 stars Foster The People, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Torches (Audio CD)
Purchased for my Grandson - he loves one track in particular which he plays over and over again!! But the whole CD has been a resounding success.

Demon Dentist
Demon Dentist
by David Walliams

5.0 out of 5 stars Demon Dentist, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Hardcover)
A present for my Grandson - he loved it - he is an ardent fan of David Walliams and all his books.

Death Comes to Pemberley
Death Comes to Pemberley

3.0 out of 5 stars Death Comes to Pemberley, 10 Mar 2014
I enjoyed it but the characters did not leap out of the pages quite like they do in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice! A very difficult job, indeed, to follow up on a classic!
J. Fallon.

Stan Lee's How to Draw Superheroes
Stan Lee's How to Draw Superheroes
by Stan Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Stan Lee's How to Draw Superheroes, 10 Mar 2014
I purchased this as a present for my twelve year grandson. It was a book he had long desired.
J Fallon

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul
The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul

5.0 out of 5 stars The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul, 11 Feb 2014
I have only just got around to reading this book. It was gripping. A beautiful story of an American girl living and working in Kabul that weaves in and out of her's and her friend's lives, giving you glimpses of what it must be like living in Kabul. The book held my interest all the way through - once having started the book, I found I really did not want to put it down and can heartily recommend it as an excellent read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3