Profile for M. Harding > Reviews

Comint
Comint
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the very best espionage dramas out there, 2 Jan. 2015
Classy stuff. One of the very best espionage dramas out there.

Watch Repair For Beginners: An Illustrated How-to-Guide for the Beginner Watch Repairer
by Harold Caleb Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars not as practical as I would have liked., 14 Nov. 2014
Far more time and explanation is spent on clock repair. A bit theoretical for most beginners, I think, not as practical as I would have liked.

Watch Repairing as a Hobby: An Essential Guide for Non-Professionals
Watch Repairing as a Hobby: An Essential Guide for Non-Professionals
by D. W. Fletcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 14 Nov. 2014
Simple, straightforward and clear explanations of basic manual watch repair. The language is a bit dated, but charming for it, I thought; in any event, it doesn't obscure or misdirect. Highly recommended.

DISPOSABLE VINYL GLOVES. POWDER FREE. PACK 100. FOOD, CLEANING. SIZE MEDIUM
DISPOSABLE VINYL GLOVES. POWDER FREE. PACK 100. FOOD, CLEANING. SIZE MEDIUM
Offered by only the best deals 4u

1.0 out of 5 stars Too thin, 21 Jun. 2013
These are simply too thin. The vinyl bursts really easily, which makes them kind of useless, really. Not recommended at all.

Zensect - Moth Proofer Balls, Lavender Fragrance
Zensect - Moth Proofer Balls, Lavender Fragrance
Offered by CKONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Seem to work!, 17 Jun. 2012
WE've been buying these for a while now and find that they work (and don't smell badly at all!). Love the colour indicator feature. Happy to recommend.

The Well
The Well
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Tord tinkling..., 3 April 2012
This review is from: The Well (Audio CD)
Fabulous. Just saw him in concert and was spellbound. Most of the material was from this CD and the disk is every bit as enjoyable as the concert was. A special talent and glad to see him (and quartet) back on form.

301 - e.s.t. [Esbjorn Svensson Trio]
301 - e.s.t. [Esbjorn Svensson Trio]

5.0 out of 5 stars More musical magic fromEST, 3 April 2012
I just received this last night and find myself playing it for the third time (notice another reviewer had a similar experience!) and can only add to the enthusiasm already expressed. On one hand hard to listen to and deal with the ongoing sense of lose I feel at Esbjorn's death, but happy to have been able to see them once and more happy still to be able to listen to such a wonderful posthumous offering. Amazing - and I have to agree that "... Three Falling Free Part II, which builds up to a percussive climax..." is an awesome track. Buy it!

3M(TM) Repositionable Precise(TM) Mousing Surface
3M(TM) Repositionable Precise(TM) Mousing Surface

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 5 Dec. 2011
This works perfectly in my set-up. Very accurate to use.

From time to time cack gets on my mat, not 3M's fault, and you have to give it a wipe to clean it. Obviously. But this sounds silly, I know, 'cause you'd have to keep any surface clean; but with my Apple Mighty Mouse the feeling is weirdly creepy, like fingernails dragged down a blackboard, so a clean mat is a happy mat.

Anyway.

It does work really well and I do recommend it for use with Mighty Mouse.

American Wife
American Wife
by Curtis Sittenfeld

1.0 out of 5 stars Can we get an editor here, please?, 22 Jun. 2011
This review is from: American Wife (Paperback)
In most ways, this is a pleasantly written enough book, but desperately in need of pruning. Three pages (possibly more, I started flipping without reading), are devoted to the main character selecting a range of enlightening literature for another character. Lord have mercy! If this was the only time she indulged herself similarly, I'd be a whole lot happier. Sadly, this isn't the case. For example, there are reams of turgid sex between the main character and the President; to make matters worse, the sex is pedestrian and doesn't help us to understand the main character at all. If this had been written by a man, there would have been much discussion about this gratuitous inclusion. And once again, we're not spared; middle class voyeurism of a lower order I thought.
Still, 2/3 of the book would be a pleasant enough way to pass the time if your plane was delayed. But how it managed to garner the glowing reviews it did, I'll never know. Perhaps, as it's a barely-diguised hagiography of Laura Bush, reviewers thought they ought to appear to be 'fair' to a political grouping that was not their own? Who can say? But I was disappointed at the gap between the reviews and the quality of the writing, more especially the indulgent editing.

Alive - Phronesis
Alive - Phronesis

5.0 out of 5 stars The future..., 24 May 2011
This review is from: Alive - Phronesis (Audio CD)
This is a superb album! Hard to want to spend your time by writing on and on about it when you should just stop reading this review and click the 'buy' button. Not convinced? Okay, let me try to explain some more: they're a little bit like the earlier EST, the common point between them being the sense of implied narrative in both band's music. Both groups are trios, both comprised of superb musicians. Their potential is awesome, and, having seen both bands live (very highly recommended) I can say that each bring/brought a passion, charm and humour to music that's rare in a world of sector-targetted pop dross. I hope I convinced you now; I'm done.

Page: 1 | 2