Profile for B. J. T. Ray > Reviews

B. J. T. Ray

Complete Infidel's Guide to the Koran
Complete Infidel's Guide to the Koran
by Robert Spencer

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for supporting one's pre-existing prejudice, 6 Feb 2012
Sadly this book isn't a light guide to the Koran, as one might hope, but actually a prejudicial text which cherry-picks quotations to suit a pre-existing anti-Muslim agenda, and concludes that halting all Muslim immigration is only the first step towards the the inevitable war. Anyone defending Muslims is described as an "apologist", while those who protest the Koran can teach peace are described as misinformed, lying, or both.

I bought this book based on the cover (yes... I know), and fortunately read a couple of other guides first (I'd absolutely recommend "The Koran: A Very Short Introduction"), but I'd fear for anyone who used this as their sole text on the subject.

If you're looking for excuses to hunker down in your shelter with ten-year's supply of beans, and lots of guns, then this is the text for you, otherwise best look elsewhere.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2012 3:44 PM GMT

Kensington Universal FM Transmitter
Kensington Universal FM Transmitter

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for me, 22 Feb 2007
I found the quality of signal and range of frequencies to be more than adequate, and the ability to preset broadcast frequencies and select them with a push of a button is vital if you're driving any distance. I've used a few transmitters in the past, and the quality of signal is certainly superior in this model.

Broadcast solutions are never going to be as good as an in-built MP3 player, but this the best broadcast solution I've used and works perfectly with my Nokia N93 (with the headphone adapter).

In a perfect world my car would have a 3.5mm jack socket to plug music in, but until then this is as good as it gets.