Profile for Josie-Jo > Reviews

The Last Thursday in July: Memoir of Rachel Nickell
The Last Thursday in July: Memoir of Rachel Nickell
by Andre Hanscombe

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Soul, 17 May 2013
It seems wrong to review a book that was only written due to the tragic circumstances all those involved found themselves in beyond their control - so please see this not as a review but as a thank you to Andre for being brave enough to endure & survive this pain & then finding the courage to write about it. I remember how moved I was at the time, how my heart went out to Rachel, her son & Andre - three people catapulted into the publics awareness for reasons beyond any sane persons comprehension. Obviously some time has passed before Andre can write his feelings & memories but the clarity & honesty comes across strongly - as does the love for his lady & his boy, who he guides & protects through an absolute nightmare, not only of the loss they have to endure & the way of the loss but the total "feeding frenzy" and raw exposure of the press. How is it that some humans can be so kind, loving, sweet, generous & understanding as Rachel & Andre so clearly are, along with all the people he mentions at the time who sent letters, gifts & money & some completely lacking in basic human manners & empathy? Very hard to read but I wanted to know how they were all doing & how they found a way through. Rest in peace Rachel. And thank you Andre.

Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub 1.76 oz. - By Original Best Deal
Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub 1.76 oz. - By Original Best Deal
Offered by Thai tops Supermarket
Price: 1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars "Boost" Version, 11 April 2013
Always use Tiger Balm original but needed something a bit more hard core for Fibromyalgia. This comes in a handy squeeze tube & only a little is needed (quite runny so don't squeeze too hard!) Pleasant smell, natural ingredients & it really helps ease the pains. A bit more expensive than the other versions but worth the extra.

Doctor's Best, High Absorption CoQ10, 100 mg, 120 Veggie Caps
Doctor's Best, High Absorption CoQ10, 100 mg, 120 Veggie Caps
Offered by united care
Price: 14.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Natures Spark Plugs, 11 April 2013
Looked around for vegetarian capsules, no extra added fillers at decent price for the amount of CoQ10 - this came out the best.

Nature's Natural Corn Cakes 120 g (Pack of 6)
Nature's Natural Corn Cakes 120 g (Pack of 6)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 11 April 2013
Not sure if the cakes I ordered were an old batch but they were very dry, consequently they were hard to chew - a bit like eating crushed light bulbs!! Never tried them before so maybe this is how they are suppose to be. Really wanted to like them as they had no additives. Sorry!

Badger Balm SPF 30 Baby Sunscreen 87ml
Badger Balm SPF 30 Baby Sunscreen 87ml
Offered by STRATTON UK
Price: 18.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Not made from Badgers!, 11 April 2013
I bought this for myself because of the natural ingredients. I have very dry mature skin, love the sun, but need to take better care of it without plastering lots of chemicals on top of it. Also (still) get spots & this helps. Did my research beforehand & found this product contained Non-Nano Uncoated Zinc Oxide (like Sudocream) which is ok for blemishes - the downside of this is it leaves a white residue on the face. This doesn't bother me as I would rather this than chemicals.

WOMENS LEGGINGS LADIES LEGGINS ANKLE STRETCH FOOTLESS EXCERCISE LEGGINGS WHITE SIZES 8-14 (S/M 8/10)

3.0 out of 5 stars Baggy Knees!, 2 Dec 2012
Needed some leggings to wear under shorts in Yoga class. Sadly they do get a bit baggy around the knees & aren't quite as tight fitting as i would have liked but adequate.

Q &  A
Q & A
by Vikas Swarup
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Slum-dog revisited., 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Q & A (Paperback)
Having seen the film Slum-dog millionaire some time ago I thought enough time had passed that I could read this - generally a book usually surpasses any film any way - but reading this was just different. Because you know the story (from watching the film) doesn't mean you cannot get something "more than" from the reading of the book. Best not to compare & just take each on their own merit. Plenty of humour to counteract the stark realities. Well worth the read.

Bragg's Medicinal Charcoal tablets 100 pack
Bragg's Medicinal Charcoal tablets 100 pack
Price: 3.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it were 100% Charcoal, 17 April 2012
I like to have some charcoal in the cupboard as it is very good for stomach upsets &/or gas indigestion - always works for me. However I would have preferred it to be 100% charcoal with no fillers (if this is possible) but still a very good product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2013 4:46 PM GMT

We Bought a Zoo: The Amazing True Story of a Broken-Down Zoo, and the 200 Animals That Changed a Family Forever
by Benjamin Mee

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 17 April 2012
Sorry to give 1 star especially when someone has taken the time & trouble to put their energy into sharing their story. I don't believe in criticizing - I do believe we all have different tastes & therefore this book was just not for me. Sorry!

Asphalia for Natural Sleep 60 Caps
Asphalia for Natural Sleep 60 Caps
Offered by Salveo Wellness
Price: 18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Placebo??, 17 April 2012
Sleep disturbance is the bane of my life. Over the years I have tried all remedies known to "man" - Prescription, Chemical, Herbal, Psychological, Physical, Logical, Illogical, Primal, Spiritual, Hypothetical, Hypnotically, You get the picture, some worked for a while, some failed completely, but Asphalia does seem to be consistently helping - Placebo? Well if it is then I must be more suggestible than I used to be, otherwise the alternative is that it just works. It doesn't knock me out, its more of a gradual, subtle, slipping off into sleep - dreams are of a type I used to have as a child & I wake up more refreshed. Overall, placebo or no, I have to say it does help. It gets 4 stars because it could be quite expensive long term.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4