ARRAY(0xaf5afa2c)

NOS4R2
NOS4R2
Price: 4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars A chip off the old block., 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: NOS4R2 (Kindle Edition)
Joe Hill has developed into a fine writer. It is hard to avoid comparisons with his dad, that's inevitable. However, although he has plainly been influenced by his famous sire he has his own style and slant on things. I enjoyed this tale immensely and he looks to be a worthy successor.

Dictionary.com Dictionary and Thesaurus
Dictionary.com Dictionary and Thesaurus

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 19 Jan 2014
The usefulness and quality of some free apps amazes me. This is one of them. Look up a word and it gives you the definition, synonyms, antonyms, origin, together with grammar and tips. I am one of those compulsive lookers-up of words and absolutely love this app. For me it's a must have.

Tides & Currents
Tides & Currents

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful., 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tides & Currents (App)
Living by the sea and frequently fishing off the beach its handy to know the state of the tide at any time. This app does exactly that, tells you precisely what the tide level is at any time using easy to read graphics, as quick and easy as reading the time off your watch. Free as well, what more could you want. I use it every day. Hundreds of locations around the world, just pop in your favourites for easy reference. Highly recommended.

Finger Pulse Oximeter With LED Display (Includes Carrycase, Batteries and Lanyard)
Offered by Ana Wiz Ltd
Price: 59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without it., 19 Jan 2014
Having recently been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation I wanted to be able to monitor my pulse easily. I have an Omron blood pressure monitor but it cannot cope with the pulse changes that I now experience and throws up false readings. Didn't find this out until I went to the doctor with my readings on a bit of paper and he told me they were wrong and explained why. He actually recommended one of these and it's brilliant. It's as good and accurate as the one at the surgery and really easy to use. Just takes a few seconds to get a reading. It also tells you the oxygen saturation of your blood, of no great importance to me but could be for certain conditions I guess. If you need to be able to monitor your heart rate quickly and easily then this is definitely the gadget for you. A very good price also.

Burt's Bees Tips and Toes Hands and Feet Kit
Burt's Bees Tips and Toes Hands and Feet Kit
Price: 9.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and service., 19 Jan 2014
This was a stocking filler for my wife (I thought it would make a change from one of her legs) and as such I did not consult her prior to purchase. Surprisingly it went down well, she had actually heard of these products and had been meaning to try them, she's always rubbing stuff into her hands and feet. Crikey, I did something right, wonders will never cease!

She has been using this kit and says it's really good, and although I personally thought it was enough to pay she tells me that it's not a bad price at all, so what do I know? anyway she would recommend it so I pass that on for what it's worth.

Oh, the service was great, delivered in a couple of days in good condition.

Elisha's Bones (A Jack Hawthorne Adventure Book #1)
Elisha's Bones (A Jack Hawthorne Adventure Book #1)
Price: 1.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent read., 19 Jan 2014
For a free book what do you expect right? Actually this was quite a decent read. A bit Indiana Jonesish, but I suppose It's difficult to write in this genre without that being the case since the popularity of the films. Not particularly taxing, and sometimes that's just what I want. Pretty well written and edited without loads of those annoying typos and grammatical errors that bedevil a lot of free offerings. A good holiday read, I read it over the Christmas break and enjoyed it.

Greegs & Ladders: A Science Fiction, Fantasy, Adventure, Time Travel, Satire, Comedy, Sci-Fi Parody, Free Ebook Novel Thing

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of an acquired taste., 19 Jan 2014
As a sc-ifi fan I've read an awful lot of it, and some of it has been awful. This is not awful. It's OK, and of course it was free so it wasn't much of a buying decision. After the first chapter or so it became rather repetitive and samey. I persevered to the end but for me it wasn't a rewarding experience. I don't want to put others off having a go, we are all different after all, just wasn't my cup of tea.

The End Of Days
The End Of Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old Barney., 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: The End Of Days (Kindle Edition)
Having read the original Barney Thompson series, when I saw this I just had to give it a go. I was not disappointed, Douglas Lindsay has done a great job here. Satirical without being a lecture, funny enough to make me chuckle out load occasionally. Difficult to review without spoiling it if you haven't read it so I guess all I can really say is if you are familiar with the character of Barney Thompson then you will enjoy this if you enjoyed the others. If you are not familiar with him then this isn't a bad place to start.

Davidoff Cool Water Wave Woman Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml
Davidoff Cool Water Wave Woman Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife is pleased., 19 Jan 2014
And that's not easy to do (please my wife that is). Purchased this for my wife together with a bottle of Cerruti. Obviously I know nothing about womens fragrances, but I like the aroma of this one and my wife tells me it is a good price for the proper article.

Excellent service, arrived within 48 hours well packed without using enough packing to fill the wheelie bin. Very satisfied.

Cerruti 1881 Femme Eau de Toilette Spray for Women 100 ml
Cerruti 1881 Femme Eau de Toilette Spray for Women 100 ml
Price: 21.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot On says the one who should know., 19 Jan 2014
I am writing the review as I am the one with an Amazon account. Very cunning of my wife who orders stuff, which I then pay for. I think I may have something wrong here!

OK, in a mad moment, influenced by the intake of a couple of bottles of red, I promised my wife I would get her some perfume as the hints that she was low had finally got on my nerves. She very generously offered to go onto my account and pick a couple of bottles, this being one of them.

The service from the supplier was faultless, arrived withing 48 hours, my wife says it is the genuine article at a good price. I also quite like the smell. Happy days all round.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4