Profile for Patsy > Reviews

The Magpies
The Magpies
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars yOU WILL NOT STOP TO EAT.., 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Magpies (Kindle Edition)
THIS IS A GREAT READ, FAST PACED WITH NO PADDING. THE BOOK IS QUITE SHORT AND VERY SATISFYING. THE SITUATION THE COUPLE FIND THEMSELVES IN COULD HAPPEN TO ANY OF US, MOST PEOPLE WILL HAVE FELT SOME OF THE EMOTIONS THAT THEY EXPERIENCED. MANY OF US LIVE CLOSE TO OTHER PEOPLE. LET US HOPE THAT NONE OF US EVER MEET WITH NEIGHBOURS LIKE THE ONES IN THIS BOOK.

The Medea Complex
The Medea Complex
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of my life.., 22 May 2014
This review is from: The Medea Complex (Kindle Edition)
I began reading this book, after having checked out the wonderful reviews and description. I thought that the first pages I read must be an insight into the childish thoughts and words(oh you beast) of the woman the book is about. So I read on, waiting for the actual book to start. After jumping page after page looking for some sign of intelligent writing, I got frustrated and simply gave up. I have looked again at the glowing list of reviews and am at a loss.. I can only assume it must be me..

The White Cuckoo
The White Cuckoo
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of everything, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The White Cuckoo (Kindle Edition)
The romance side of this story was a little old hat, but I enjoyed the mix of past and present secrets and mystery. The writer was good enough to tie up all the ends for us in a very satisfying way. The proof of any book is in how much time you are prepared to give to finish it, I read it at any spare moments I had, so that tells it all. A lovely read.

The Rose Garden
The Rose Garden
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars slow start but worth reading on, 12 May 2014
This review is from: The Rose Garden (Kindle Edition)
This book was a slow starter, however it ended up being an imaginative romance with no slush. I really enjoyed the time slip element very much, all the characters were real to me, no one was there for no reason. Susanna Kearsley is one to watch.

Broken Dolls (A Jefferson Winter Thriller)
Broken Dolls (A Jefferson Winter Thriller)
Price: 1.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable who done it, 28 April 2014
I chose to give this book four stars simply because I enjoyed it. The writing is rather simplistic and some of the graphic details given about the torture and emotional control used against these women were very upsetting for me. I know there are people who in one way or another inflict women in these ways. The thought patterns of the investigator employed to solve the crimes were clever and interesting, so, a good read and a satisfying conclusion.

The Ghost Hunters
The Ghost Hunters
Price: 3.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably interesting., 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Ghost Hunters (Kindle Edition)
I gave this book 3 stars because it is a bit of a mess. However it must have had something going for it because I did finish it even if a fair amount of speed reading helped me to do so. The history of the house, the tricks used to give it it's spooky reputation and the reasons for doing so are why I bothered to continue reading. So the real answers to the question were not what I expected. Harry Price is portrayed as a complex and manipulative con man who had a huge ego and a magnetic personality, I ended up not sure about his or anyone else's ability to contact ghosts.

Life After Life
Life After Life
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea., 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
I thought I would give three stars only, because although the theme of this book was interesting I was bored with the jumping about of the same set of characters, I found it confusing and tedious. I confess to speed reading most of the first half of the book and only really got interested towards the end. I get what Kate Atkinson was trying to underline, how any action of any one of us can change everything but I think there is a better way of writing such a story.

Season Of The Harvest (Harvest Trilogy, Book 1)
Season Of The Harvest (Harvest Trilogy, Book 1)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars exciting read, 19 Feb 2014
I chose four stars rather than five simply because the idea that human beings would put humanity in peril for the sake of their own health or that of a family member rather unlikely. Maybe some of us are that selfish, I don't know. However, I am hooked, the writing is high speed and very exciting, I will be reading all the other books in this series, it gives me pleasure to read a well written series as I know there is always more to come, until I get to the end that is.

Bodymould 2" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Bodymould 2" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Price: 38.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooooo good, 15 Sep 2013
we have a memory foam topped mattress which was not the best.. This topper has turned it into a dream (get it?) It arrived fast, it had hardly any smell so it went on the bed the day it arrived. Couldn't be happier. Plus it has not proved to make the bed too hot..

Bay Citrus by Arran Aromatics Eau de Toilette 100ml
Bay Citrus by Arran Aromatics Eau de Toilette 100ml
Offered by WomanlyCharm
Price: 27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So sexy and a natural high., 11 July 2013
This is my frangrance of choice, so fresh and sexy, natural not fake. All other mens fragrances are based on a very limited range of moods. This cheers me up and makes me feel special, people comment when I wear it, thats unusual. Just great.

Page: 1 | 2