Profile for Skudson > Reviews

Content by Skudson

Apple Watch Case, SUPCASE [Unicorn Beetle Pro] Rugged Protective Case with Strap Bands for Apple Watch / Watch Sport / Watch Edition 2015 [42mm Not Compatible with 38 mm] (Black)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Nov. 2015
Great case and strap. Very comfortable and compared to other cases a great improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great holiday read, 25 July 2015
This review is from: Wonder (Kindle Edition)
Great book, I only got it as my daughter starts Secondary School in Sept and they gave it to all the new kids as a holiday project/homework and they asked the parents to get involved, so for what it cost I downloaded it on my Kindle.

Very touching book and great concept.

Velbon Case 600
Velbon Case 600
Offered by CameraKing-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin..., 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Velbon Case 600 (Camera)
Great bag, makes carrying the tripod much easier. As it was described, great price and excellent delivery. No complaints at all, happy bunny.

Manfrotto Stile Unica VII Messenger Bungee Cord
Manfrotto Stile Unica VII Messenger Bungee Cord
Offered by Great Western Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Too big or not too Big...., 25 Nov. 2012
My initial feelings towards this bag was exactly that - too big or not too big. Since getting my 1st DSLR last Xmas, I have been bitten by the photography bug, and my kit has been slowly expanding. I originally got the small Nikon bag that came with the bundle and for just a camera and the attached lens was great, however I have increased my equipment with 2 new lens, a gorilla pod, a tripod, ND Filters, iPad attachment, notepad - too jot down locations, settings that I like etc - the Nikon bag wasn't suitable any longer. So I started the quest for a new camera bag, big enough to take all this stuff and more e.g. laptop when going into town for work - used to carry my camera bag and laptop bag, or iPad and also big enough for carrying all that stuff for hand luggage when going on holiday.

I adapted my wifes old Laptop rucksack to carry these items, but one trip out to London did my head in - constantly taking it off my back, adjusting it, banging into people, that fear that someone was undoing it without me knowing. So my first decision was resolved straight away - Backpack or shoulder bag!!!! Defo shoulder bag. You read so many reviews and tips pages saying backpack is the best or shoulder bag is the best - when at the end its all personal preference.

Next issue was which shoulder bag to use - so many to choose from ranging from £30 up to £200. My budget was £80 and I wanted something big enough for my stuff but then not too big as it became to chore to carry - it seemed impossible. I came across the Manfrotto in Black or White a few weeks prior to buying it on Amazon, at PC World priced at £60 reduced from £89.99 which was within my budget however I it didn't appeal to me so would of bought it just for the sake of buying it, and at that time it looked enormous, admittedly I didn't look inside so was put off right away. Continuing to look for my ideal bag, I was becoming increasingly frustrated they were either too small or too big. I then came across the Manfrotto again on Amazon in the cord colour priced at £35, and thought sod it, its bargain for sure and if I don't like I can always send it back.

I think it was fate, that bought us together - for if I had looked inside the bag at PC World, I would of seen the sheer bulkiness of the Manfrotto, was due to the mounds of scrunched up paper, bubble wrap and cardboard placed inside to keep its shape and probably would have bought it.

Although on first impression I still thought it was a tad to big, by the time I emptied it and put my equipment in, and spent the day on London with my daughter, my opinion had changed completely. The bag was perfect, and has since loosened up losing that bulky shape and fits everything in perfectly with room to spare.

A fantastic bag, and an amazing price. Very strong, very well made, doesn't scream photographer, or tourist, so user friendly, ample of room and extremely comfortable to wear/use.

Thank you Manfrotto, and thank you Amazon - one extremely happy Shutterbug!!!!