Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Written in Blood
Written in Blood
by Caroline Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Written in Blood, 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Written in Blood (Paperback)
"Written in Blood" was quite simply a brilliant, entertaining read. It is a well written, classic whodunnit that keeps the reader guessing right to the end. I am now as much a fan of the "Midsomer" books as I am of the series. Loved it.

Lost River
Lost River
by Stephen Booth

4.0 out of 5 stars Lost River, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Lost River (Paperback)
I enjoyed "Lost River". Some readers have compared it to a travelogue, but I find Booth's descriptions and historical anecdotes interesting. This book finds Diane Fry in Birmingham. Her past has caught up with her and we now learn why she is a cold, prickly person. We now see a different side to her and I felt some sympathy for her. Now that she has fully confided in Ben Cooper perhaps their relationship, both in and out of the workplace, will improve.

The Pilo Family Circus
The Pilo Family Circus

4.0 out of 5 stars The Pilo Family Circus, 16 Dec. 2013
This book is very different from anything I have read recently. I'm not even sure what genre it comes under. Fantasy perhaps, with a sprinkling of dark humour. Make no mistake, it is a dark read, not one for the faint-hearted. If you have a fear of clowns, give it a miss.

Red Rain
Red Rain
by R L Stine

4.0 out of 5 stars Red Rain, 15 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Red Rain (Paperback)
R.L Stine is perhaps better known for his Goosebumps series for young adults. "Red Rain" is for the grown ups. It's not particularly scary but it does have some chilling moments. The book has a Village of the Damned feel about it, but is in no way a reworking of the classic. It is a good, thrilling read.

Wicked Appetite (Wicked Series, Book 1)
Wicked Appetite (Wicked Series, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked Appetite, 15 Dec. 2013
This was my second reading of "Wicked Appetite", and I laughed just as much as I did first time around. It's a fun book, very funny with some very likeable, if eccentric, characters and a monkey named Carl. A silly, fun read.

On the Road: Growing up in Eight Journeys - My Early Years
On the Road: Growing up in Eight Journeys - My Early Years
by Richard Hammond

4.0 out of 5 stars On the Road: Growing up in Eight Journeys., 13 Dec. 2013
Fans of Richard Hammond will like this book. In "On the Road...." he takes us back in time to the bicycle he got for his 11th birthday, his first motorbike, first car, first jeep and company car. It's a nostalgic trip down memory lane and is sure to resonate with anyone who remembers the sheer joy of taking possession of their first car.

Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World
Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World
by David Nolan

3.0 out of 5 stars Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World., 12 Dec. 2013
I didn't learn anything new in this book. Most of the info I had already learned in Cowell's autobiography "I Don't Mean To Be Rude But...." There were also some false facts re Susan Boyle, whose autobiography I recently read. Not a very well put together biography and the kindle edition was badly edited.

The Woman I Was Born To Be
The Woman I Was Born To Be
by Susan Boyle

5.0 out of 5 stars The Woman I Was Born To Be, 11 Dec. 2013
I loved this book. It is so refreshing to find a celebrity who doesn't let fame and fortune go to their heads, and Susan certainly doesn't. This a brutally honest, warts and all account of her life, her shyness and difficulties as a child, and the joy she felt when singing. I laughed with her and sometimes I cried for her, but most of all I admired her. A touching, heartwarming story.

The Black Box (Harry Bosch Book 18)
The Black Box (Harry Bosch Book 18)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Black Box, 11 Dec. 2013
This is another good, fast-paced thriller featuring Harry Bosch, the maverick L.A cop. In "The Black Box" Harry is investigating a cold case, one of his own that he failed to solve 20 years ago. Will he succeed this time? You'll have to read the book to find out. I recommend it.

A Bit of Singing and Dancing
A Bit of Singing and Dancing

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of Singing and Dancing., 9 Dec. 2013
I've enjoyed all the Susan Hill novels and short stories I've read to date, but not this one. It was too gloomy and depressing. Did not enjoy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20