Profile for Sara > Reviews

Bosch Neff Siemens Tecnik Oven 40w Ses Oven Bulb. Genuine part number 00057874
Bosch Neff Siemens Tecnik Oven 40w Ses Oven Bulb. Genuine part number 00057874
Offered by Suds-Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 4m of light use., 31 Mar. 2015
I ordered this in November, it failed in March. I use my oven 2-3 times a week at most. Not impressed and definitely not 1000 hours. The original bulb only lasted 2yrs, but 4m is ridiculous.

VTech Baby Crazy Colours Torch for 12 - 36 Months (Multicoloured)
VTech Baby Crazy Colours Torch for 12 - 36 Months (Multicoloured)
Offered by APITEX

5.0 out of 5 stars Noisy fun!, 9 Jan. 2015
Like all vtech toys, this gets rather irritating for the adults after about 2 minutes, but the children absolutely love it. It was bought for my 16m old but my 3yr old also likes it. They can definitely grow with the toy. There is a dial at the end which can be turned and the torch then shines different colours (which the singing voice highlights), so it has an educational angle and as my 16m old grows, I'm sure she'll be able to do more with it (eg turn the dial herself, name the animals on it, name the colours).

Disney Princess Sparkle Princess Rapunzel Doll
Disney Princess Sparkle Princess Rapunzel Doll
Offered by Champion Toys

4.0 out of 5 stars Great doll even for girls who don't like dolls!, 9 Jan. 2015
My daughter received this doll for Christmas. She has two other dolls that she has shown zero interest in. She just isn't into dolls and can't be bothered with them. I thought Rapunzel would end up being ignored too, but I was very wrong. She loves it and keeps asking me to plait her hair etc. She likes to take the shoes on and off and also the fact the arms and legs don't just move up and down, but in and out too. The one negative is that the doll keeps losing the shoes, so I can tell she's going to end up shoeless fairly soon. My 16m old is also fascinated with this doll, so all in all it's a hit!

Assorted Fairy Tale Crayons Childrens Colouring Art Drawing Set
Assorted Fairy Tale Crayons Childrens Colouring Art Drawing Set
Offered by Life Unearthed

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely set and nice to have different crayons., 9 Jan. 2015
Great set. As the other reviewer has said, if dropped on a hard floor the fairies do lose their heads, but they colour in very nicely and my daughter loves them.

Tidlo Wooden Train Set (50 Pieces)
Tidlo Wooden Train Set (50 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set and lots of variety., 9 Jan. 2015
I really debated whether or not to buy this set and I'm glad I did. My daughter also has a brio set, and brio is definitely better quality. However, this is a very very close second and a fraction of the cost. Unlike some reviewers, our trains are fine and don't come apart on the steepest bit of track. I like the fact it comes with the extra bits such as trees, animals and buildings. The only thing I can slightly fault it for is that the bridge only works if you centre the track underneath it - if you move off-centre, the underside of the bridge then catches the tips of the trains, but that is easily rectified. It's a great set and has provided hours and hours of fun, not just for my children, but also for every single child who has visited!

John Adams Classic Tiny Tears
John Adams Classic Tiny Tears

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it for the features as they don't work!, 9 Jan. 2015
What a useless doll! My mother-in-law bought this for my 3yr old daughter as a Christmas present as she had a tiny tears doll as a child. The doll itself is fine (though a bit ugly, in my opinion!), and hence the two stars rather than one, but the features are an absolute disaster.

As other reviewers have said, the bottle doesn't stand up, which isn't very clever when it's meant to be filled with water. The hole in the doll's mouth is too tight so it's REALLY fiddly to try and get the bottle in and takes some strength (even I struggle, let alone a 3yo). And of course you're trying to get the bottle in when it's full of water, so while you're fiddling around, there is water spilling everywhere.

As for the crying/wetting....well, the instructions say you need to cradle the doll, so we tried that, and all of a sudden you get water squirting out of her eyes at an alarming rate (so not quite just a few tears) and she starts weeing at the same time. But of course if you're cradling the doll, she isn't on the potty, so again you get soaked as the doll literally starts squirting water everywhere.

Unless you're prepared to have towels on standby to dry the doll constantly and to potentially change your child's clothes too if they get wet, I'd steer well clear. My daughter soon decided to do away with the doll and squirted the bottle straight into the potty!

To add insult to injury, she was also given the pyjamas in the tiny tears range (see separate review). They were utterly useless too and ripped immediately, so I'm assuming there's a quality issue with the whole range. Very poor.

Tiny Tears outfit - Time for Bed - fleece dressing gown and pyjamas
Tiny Tears outfit - Time for Bed - fleece dressing gown and pyjamas

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless - pyjamas are too tight and very thin, so ripped immediately., 9 Jan. 2015
My daughter was given this for Christmas. The dressing gown is good (hence the 2 stars), but the pyjamas are useless. They are so tight, that it's impossible for an adult to get them on the doll, let alone a child. An adult put them on the first time round and it was hard, but when my daughter tried to take them off again, they ripped. She is three, so she can't even pull that hard, but the fabric is very, very thin, and since the pyjamas are so tight, it's inevitable that they will rip.

Melissa & Doug Doctor Role Play Costume Set
Melissa & Doug Doctor Role Play Costume Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of accessories, stores away well and a toy that will last., 9 Jan. 2015
I bought this for a 3yo who normally hates dressing up, and she loves it. All the accessories make it much more fun that "just" a costume. The name card etc just give that extra touch and make the children feel like it's authentic. Also useful that the various bits all fit into the pockets of the white coat so they can all be stored together without the worry about losing stuff everywhere. Definitely a present they can grow with.

Peppa Pig Giant Double-Sided Puzzle and Colour Jigsaw Puzzle (24 Pieces)
Peppa Pig Giant Double-Sided Puzzle and Colour Jigsaw Puzzle (24 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a 3 yr old and the boy I ..., 9 Jan. 2015
This is a jigsaw with quite large pieces (they were larger than I expected) but it's Peppa Pig and it comes in a small bag to store away all the pieces. Perfect for a 3 yr old and the boy I gave it to was very pleased.

Metanium 80g Everyday Barrier Ointment
Metanium 80g Everyday Barrier Ointment
Offered by St. Georges Healthcare

5.0 out of 5 stars Great barrier cream, 9 Jan. 2015
This is the every day version of the metanium nappy rash ointment. As per the name, this is more for the prevention of nappy rash than to treat it once it's there. My younger child gets really bad nappy rash and I've found the metanium ointment is the only thing that cures it, but this every day cream does the trick in keeping nappy rash at bay and also in calming it down if it's only a bit red. I also prefer the big tube.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3