Profile for tmdini > Reviews

Content by tmdini

tmdini (London, England)

Harold and the Purple Crayon (Purple Crayon Books)
Harold and the Purple Crayon (Purple Crayon Books)
by Crockett Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless classic., 10 Mar 2013
This book requires a little creative imagination - perhaps more than other books. It was a huge hit in our house with both my daughter and then my son. Friends who've received it as a gift comment on this one long after it was given, more than any other book gift. I am confident that it is and will remain a classic. Harold's quick thinking in his quest to have an adventure and then return to bed comes up trumps.

Uh Oh! Gotta Go!: Potty Tales from Toddlers
Uh Oh! Gotta Go!: Potty Tales from Toddlers
by Bob McGrath
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit, 1 April 2011
this book was a hit with our daughter - she still liked reading it 2 years after she was trained! I cannot say it had a direct effect on her training but she did want to read it all the time. Each page tells of a different child's preferences and it shows children that not everyone is the same and they can do things a little bit their way. Two of the scenarios show using the potty before going in the car and when at the shops. This is a helpful reference after they are trained as well. (you can do this just like so and so in the book).

VINNIC BATTERY AG13 (10pk)
VINNIC BATTERY AG13 (10pk)
Offered by Lizzy Outlet
Price: 1.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Product swap, 1 April 2011
I ordered these because I've used Vinnic before and was happy with them. I have just received my batteries, and despite the listing stating they were Vinnic and the image showing Vinnic, I have received Eunicell. I don't konw how good or bad Eunicell are relative to Vinnnic but I don't think it right that the vendor should display one and deliver the other. Disappointed. I had seen this comment in other reviews but hoped I'd be one of the ones to get the pictured product. I wasn't.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2011 3:19 PM BST

Spotty Red Insulated Lunch Bag
Spotty Red Insulated Lunch Bag
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop
Price: 3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 24 May 2010
Bought this for my daughter. I love that the surface inside and out is washable - and more or less stain proof. Her previous lunch bag had a material-like surface and it became water stained when washed at the sink. It easily holds her lunch and she loves the dotty look - and gets many compliments from friends and teachers. it has a insulating foil-like lining, but the bag is thinner than I expected. it isn't puffy at all. So far I haven't found that to be a problem.

Toadstool Childrens Night Light
Toadstool Childrens Night Light
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop
Price: 3.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, but goes through batteries., 20 April 2010
This review is from: Toadstool Childrens Night Light
Very cute night light and our 4 yr old loves it. Not sure why other reviewers think it won't light a room, we put something in front of it when the batteries are new as it is so bright it keeps our daughter awake. I guess it depends on whether you want to see everything in the room or just have a comforting glow - the latter is plenty. Just wish it could be plugged into the mains electricity instead of batteries. It takes 3 button batteries and ours last about a month if I turn it off when I go to bed.