Profile for Rose > Reviews

Content by Rose

Rose

The Celtic Baby Names Book (Reference)
The Celtic Baby Names Book (Reference)
by Gillian Delaforce

3.0 out of 5 stars Lfflkjerlkjl and other names., 7 Aug 2011
Some very interesting facts BUT it needs that bit in normal dictionaries where you learn how the words are pronounced. That being said I found five great girls names... and then gave birth to a boy. Oh well... maybe next time!

The Baby Sleep Book: How to Help Your Baby to Sleep and Have a Restful Night
The Baby Sleep Book: How to Help Your Baby to Sleep and Have a Restful Night
by William Sears

4.0 out of 5 stars Saved my sanity, 7 Aug 2011
I had a child who would NOT sleep and was at the end of my tether. After one really bad day (yes even the days were horrendous) I took action and bought this on a spur of a moment and got it fast tracked to my house. I read the first couple of pages and did two things which instantly helped that night. I'm not at all saying that this solved all my problems in some miracle like making an appirition of Jo Frost appear and live with us for free for several months; they just had some simple ideas to first make it better to bare and then, when you've had a good three hours consecutive sleep, you're in a position to tackle some more of the root problems. It really was quite good. Very American but surprisingly good! And for those of you who, like I was, are sat there in tears reading reviews in the hope of anything, just anything helping at all - it does get better. They can't not sleep forever. Hang in there!

50 Easy Party Cakes
50 Easy Party Cakes
by Debbie Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody brilliant!, 7 Aug 2011
This review is from: 50 Easy Party Cakes (Paperback)
I ordered a cake for my daughters first birthday and specified everything to the n'th degree and was bitterly disappointed and I thought I can do better than that. My lovely sister bought me this book and four years on I haven't looked back. I was a total novice but this is so easy. Do not pay someone to make a cake for you - buy this, get a bottle of wine (for you - not the kids) and get decorating. Enjoy!