Profile for The Ponty Cyclops > Reviews

Content by The Ponty Cyclops

The Ponty Cyclops (South Wales, GB.)

Ghost Stories of an Antiquary
Ghost Stories of an Antiquary
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A proper set of Ghost stories, 25 Jan 2014
I watched the M R James adaptation shown on BBC 2 over Christmas which inspired me to read more of his work.

I love the fact these books are written as a narrative and one can picture James sat in candlelight regaling these creepy tales to the fellows of the university on Christmas eve night.

Well worth downloading for free.

Sony 16GB Class 10 UHS-1 Secure Digital SDHC Memory Card
Sony 16GB Class 10 UHS-1 Secure Digital SDHC Memory Card
Offered by Sunwood-UK
Price: 14.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Fast Card, 18 Jun 2012
I was given one of these memory cards to test drive earlier this year. I've been using it ever since. Fast as lightening and reliable, recommend it fully.

Scratch My Back
Scratch My Back
Offered by thegoodmusicshop
Price: 17.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Dunno about stopped my heart, it stopped me playing it!, 25 Feb 2010
This review is from: Scratch My Back (Audio CD)
I am sorry Peter, love you to bits and I was looking forward to hearing this muchly.
BUT
This is the most turgid, depressing album I have heard in my life. Truely awful! It is hard to pick a high point, and even that would be looking up from a depth of a trough.
Where is the swelling passion? Where is the use of all the musical creativity that exsists between you and Boz Ezrin? Oh we have laden emotion .. laden on by the bucket loads that drowns any kind of listenabilty!
I have never written a 1* review in my life, but this album is such a massive disappointment it has forced me to warn others!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2010 9:31 PM BST

Wii Maracas - Twin Pack (Wii)
Wii Maracas - Twin Pack (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fun I have had with two bits of plastic ever!, 19 Dec 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Just played Samba di Amigo for the first time with the Wii Maracas. These two simple add-ons to the Wii Remotes make a fantastic game utterly brilliant. The fact they are proper rattley maracas make it all the more fun. If you've spent the money on the game .. go on ... splash out a little more on these .. trust me it's worth it!

My Life on a Hillside Allotment
My Life on a Hillside Allotment
by Terry Walton

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Through A Lense., 27 Mar 2007
I've almost finished this book, and what a wonderful read it is!

It's chocked full of gardening tips for any budding allotmenteer, or any hardened gardners, all interwoven through the tale of Terry's fifty years on his hillside plot.

This is more than a simple autobiographical gardening book, this is also the story of the ever changing shape of the Rhondda Valley, socially, economically and geographically. All seen through the fish eye lense of a small plot of fertile land, nestled away on a windswept Rhondda hillside.

Terry's lifelong passion for gardening leaps from every page, and his enthusiasm knows no bounds, even his wife's airing cupboard is not safe from invasions of seedlings! Terry's infectious humour radiates through as well, some pages had me chuckling away for ages.

I heartly recommend this book, not just to fans of Jeremy Vines show, who listen to Terry regularly; not just to everyone who ever has, or wants to pick up a spade and grow their own, but to all who want to know a little of life in the South Wales Valleys over the past fifty years.

Five stars from me!

Mezmerize
Mezmerize
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 6.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Mezmerizing!, 18 May 2005
This review is from: Mezmerize (Audio CD)
There has been only one other album in my entire record collection that blew me away on a first listen. That was Slayers - Reign In Blood. Coincedentally produced by Rick Rubin this is a classic in the metal genre. Easily SoaD's best album to date, and after Toxicity that is saying something.
There has been a huge vacancy in this style of rock since Faith No More bit the dust. Moments of extreme silliness combined with some of he best harmonised vocals I have heard for a while.
As brutal as a being beaten with a blunt object, and then by the end of the album, a thing of beauty.
If you don't buy any other album this year, and you are into metal, then buy this one ... of course you will probably have to buy Hypontize later this year .. can't wait already!
Ant.