Profile for Tamy > Reviews

Versatile: Cooking & Living Italian
Versatile: Cooking & Living Italian
by Grazia Giuliani

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, Naturally Vegan Recipes included!, 5 Sept. 2013
About a month ago my teenage daughter announced that she was becoming vegan!I was happy for her but wasn't looking forward to cooking for vegans and non-vegans every evening. In my search for varied, tasty and naturally vegan dishes, I came across several relatively easy-to-make, delicious and naturally vegan recipes in 'Versatile': 'Polenta and mushrooms, bean soup, 'spaghetti agio, olio e peperoncino and creamy white rissottoto-to name a few savoury dishes-and a lovely pear in aromatic syrup in the special occasions section . I hadn't realised how much of Italian cuisine was naturally vegan and easy to prepare. One can just add or remove one or two ingredients-as the author herself suggests -to basic (vegan) recipes and cater for all. A truly versatile book, as the book title suggests. Some recipes come only under the 'Special Occasions' section', so check the index if you cannot find a dessert under the 'Dolci' section, for example. Versatile is rich in anecdotes and well researched background stories that give the book a very intimate and personal touch.

Cognitive Psychology
Cognitive Psychology
by Nick Braisby

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, with Stimulating Questions and Activities, 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Cognitive Psychology (Paperback)
This was one of the texts recommended for our Psychology of Thinking module and I am delighted I bought it. Various subject experts have introduced and developed their topics engagingly, with stimulating questions and activities. In addition, each chapter includes a selection of items for further reading, with short explanations of why a particular item has been chosen. I found this very valuable. The book also has a consistent and pleasant colour scheme for each of the five parts and chapter sections, which I appreciated.
I would recommend this text to any student interested in understanding the topics and issues of the Psychology of Thinking or Cognitive Psychology.