Profile for Henry > Reviews

Content by Henry

Henry (Gloucestershire)

KitVision Small Monkee Grip Flexible Foam Tripod with Phone Holder Compatible with Smartphones and DSLR Cameras - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the coolest little gadget - I love this product and it is in almost daily use for the last month or more., 31 Aug. 2013
Unlike most stuff one buys of this type, this one actually works perfectly as described. I love it. The flexible legs are stiff enough that they really will grip, as advertised. That is so refreshing. Also the phone holder works well and the whole caboodle is a piece of cake to use.

One tiny weenie blip is this. the screw fixing on the phone holder could do with being 1 or 2mm deeper as i had to find a washer to get it to stabilise when attached to a standard camara tripod.

Samsung WSF 100 Original Replacement Water Filter Cartridge
Samsung WSF 100 Original Replacement Water Filter Cartridge
Offered by FiltreoUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 31 Aug. 2013
Seller was efficient.
No complaints.

The packageing should tell you to rinse it through thoroughly before connecting to the fridge in order to avoid having black ice to begin with. Apart from that it's all good.

V12 Rawhide, Men's Chelsea Boots, Brown, 8 UK (42 EU)
V12 Rawhide, Men's Chelsea Boots, Brown, 8 UK (42 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best boots in the world, bar none., 17 July 2013
I absolutely adore these boots. My first experience of V12 boots was about 4 years ago when I bought a pair of their riggers. They were bloody marvelous and completely worth a bit of extra dough. I still have them and wear them alot in the winter, well I used to until I got these little puppies. I have owned a pair of these for about 18 months now, wear them almost every day, winter and summer; they are the best thing since sliced bread, REALLY!
One word of warning - they come up a little big compared with others. I am size 8 - 8.5, but I usually buy size 9 cos I have wide feet. V12 size 8 is made to measure on me. Skinny people with narrow feet might not get on with these puppies.
My riggers are size nine and they need two pairs of socks for sure and they are heavy, but totally waterproof and feet warm in all conditions. Would take them to the Alps at Christmas with no hesitation. Cannot praise this brand enough and will never buy anything else, ever again.

Stoves SEH600CR MK2 Rotary Control 60cm Ceramic Hob in Black
Stoves SEH600CR MK2 Rotary Control 60cm Ceramic Hob in Black
Offered by Electrical Discount UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 17 July 2013
Inexpensive, but styleish ceramic hob that works well. Was bought to replace old version of same unit in a rented house. Reliable and functional, easy to clean round the controls; nothing not to like.
If you don't want to bite the bullet and upgrade to an induction unit (with all the hasle and expense of new pots and pans), this is as good as any.

Atlas Shrugged (Penguin Modern Classics)
Atlas Shrugged (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Ayn Rand

5.0 out of 5 stars Atlas Shrugged, 31 May 2010
Although this work was conceived and written in the 1950's, I consider it one of the most important texts of our time. The opening years of the 21st Century appear to be bearing out Ayn Rand's vision of societies degenerating under the ever increasing burdens placed on the productive sectors of the population by the growing masses of sentimenatlists, would be do gooders, politcical expedients and the downright lazy. We live with freightening prospects for the world our children will inherit from the baby boomers, among whom I count myself.

I recommend this book to all those who seek only to be free to create value for themselves and their families. Act on these words to protect yourself.

I further recommend that all those who sustain themselves through the efforts of others, including all public sector workers, educationalists, pensioners, politicians, and the judiciary; to take stock of the world they have built and the impact on themselves when they overwhelm the ability of the productive sector to sustain them. You will only have yourselves to blame for your misery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2010 8:53 PM GMT

CAT Footwear Holton, Men's Work and Safety Boots, Honey, 9 UK
CAT Footwear Holton, Men's Work and Safety Boots, Honey, 9 UK
Offered by Blueberry Workwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality boot., 28 Feb. 2010
Problem free purchase at an excellent price. This is a very well made boot, which is both rugged and extremely comfortable. I live in the Channel Islands, where product availability can sometimes be limited, so shopping online is a great inovation for me. Plus you don't have the hassle of jockying with the crowds in busy shops. I ordered the boots at 3pm and they were delivered the next morning by post. It doesn't get much better than that. Well done Amazon.
My only wish is that CAT would make half sizes. If they did, this would have got 5 stars from me for sure.

Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer
Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer
Offered by Buy Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Gizmo since eggy soldiers, 27 Dec. 2009
Just bought a replacement for our old faithfull that finally gave up the ghost after about a decade, i'd say. If you like boiled eggs to be done just the way you like them, every time, then this is the tool for the job. I would never be without one.

Kitchen Craft KCSTEAM23 Stainless Steel Collapsible Folding Steamer, 23 cm - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 27 Dec. 2009
No problem at all with this item, Amazon always delivers good quality. In my case this was a replacement product following many years of faithful service.