Profile for Soulmansblue > Reviews

Lights Out
Lights Out
Offered by Bear Family Records GmbH

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT ELVIS - BUT OKAY, 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lights Out (Audio CD)
Good but not Elvis. What else can I say I love Elvis and nobody is going to fill his blue suede shoes.

Kingston Technology 64 GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler SE9H Flash Drive with Metal Casing

5.0 out of 5 stars I WANT SOME MORE OF THESE!, 16 Aug. 2014
Not too, too expensive. Ideal for long term storage of important and valuable files. Pretty fast and both read and write. Sturdy stuff made out of metal so you are unlikely to crush them, though small they have a neat hole so you can put them on a key ring for safety.

I love them and so far have three and I am looking to get more. A neat way to file your software for future requirements. 64GB a nice size and you can pack quite a lot into that.

LG BH16NS40 16x SATA Internal BD-RW Retail Kit
LG BH16NS40 16x SATA Internal BD-RW Retail Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Hates burning discs unless it is a specified disc - ..., 16 Aug. 2014
Hates burning discs unless it is a specified disc - makers choice. Only works using the supplied Cyberlink software. Not supported by LG UK and no support from LG Europe although it is an international version.

LG UK stopped supporting BD hardware 12 twelve months ago and now have now product support for this type of product or knowledge base.

Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - Black
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE FASHION ITEM THAT WORKS, 16 Aug. 2014
Excellent. Crystal clear and loud enough to blow your brains out. Excellent stereo separation. Well worth the value and an excellent make.

A choice of three leads for different uses. Coiled, medium length and long. Each plugs tightly into the socket but not to tight when you forget and walk away comes out and saves your headphones when you would normally have pulled out the fitted cable.

Unusual ability to move the speakers but works great, they can be used as mini speakers if you want quite and don't want to wear them. The headphones turn out and lay flat. Pretty cool.

Verbatim 43533 DVD-R 4.7GB 16x Printable 50 Pack Spindle
Verbatim 43533 DVD-R 4.7GB 16x Printable 50 Pack Spindle

5.0 out of 5 stars LOOK NO FURTHER, 16 Aug. 2014
My personal choice every time. Excellent results again every time. Printable disc and exceptional print results.

Sony 10 Pack 60 min DVM Premium
Sony 10 Pack 60 min DVM Premium
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars SECOND BEST TAPE EVER, 16 Aug. 2014
A fast delivery of a product that has ben around forever. Real good but not as good as my preference the Premium Quality but they don't make them anymore so second best will have to do.

Results were excellent using my Sony TVR950E not HD quality but a very high standard of SD. The quality was good enough using these tapes that I was able to enhance the SD footage and almost match the HD footage of my Nikon D7100.

Verbatim 43309 AZO 52x Wide Printable CD-R - Spindle 50 Pack
Verbatim 43309 AZO 52x Wide Printable CD-R - Spindle 50 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars MY PREFERENCE, 16 Aug. 2014
My personal choice every time. No toasters with these discs and they print real nice using my Epson 1500W Photo Printer.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars IT CUTS, 16 Aug. 2014
It does exactly what it is meant to. Cuts paper.

Pioneer BDR-209EBK 128GB 16x Multilayer BDRW - Retail
Pioneer BDR-209EBK 128GB 16x Multilayer BDRW - Retail
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I GOT WHAT I WANTED - IT BURNS EVERYTHING INSIGHT, 16 Aug. 2014
Wow at last a BDRW that actually does the job.

I have just returned a BDRW to Amazon that just refused to write quite a few BD Discs. All toasters, 25 out of 25 each time I got an error code thrown at me saying file missing. Now one could give me an answer to the problem and how to fix it. Was it the BDRW or the foreign discs that I had bought which were meant to be TDK which they were but just not the English version. It did burn DVD no problem, but I want a BD burner as I already had a DVD one.

Well I was taking no chances I used every program that I use to burn discs with and used Verbatim discs [personal choice] which I had read the Pioneer BDR-209EBK burnt for breakfast. Not a toaster in sight, no noise from the drive which I was expecting as some write ups complained that it was loud. Personally I'd prefer a loud one that works than a quite one that doesn't.

The Pioneer BDR-209EBK worked great when using Sony Vegas Pro 13. The LG did not, kept giving up the ghost at any stage that it felt like. Wish I had gone for the pioneer in the first place instead of the latest all singing LG.

Okay so the Pioneer cannot write discs that are said to last a 1000 years [bet they don't, just like the 100 years CD] and I'm not sure if it supports 3D. What I wanted and got was a BDRW that actually burnt BD and not fail to burn in case it caught a cold. Its write speed for BD is x10

The resulting BD playback was staggering. The quality of the footage that I had burnt was amazing, I had no idea that it was going to be this good as I could not get my computer to play the footage while I was editing at the BEST setting.

This BDRW is the one to go for if you want flawless burns each and every time regardless of the make or type of disc you ask it to burn. Yes it has to be a DVD or a BD Disc but after that it demands nothing more and just burns the disc with excellent results and in not to bad a time either.

Noise what noise, I hear no noise!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2016 8:41 PM BST

PowerDirector 12 Ultimate [Download]
PowerDirector 12 Ultimate [Download]

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T TOUCH - A WASTE OF TIME UNLESS YOU ARE A DUMMY!, 4 July 2014
At first I thought I'd hit gold when I first got PowerDirector 12 Ultimate Suite...
Then I woke up and reality hit me, though sadly after the 30 day money back guarantee had long gone and I had invested in good quality third party plugins.

The program slows down very quickly, even on the smallest of projects. Cyberlink told me to create smaller sections and add them together when finished at production time. The program constantly fails to respond and you can wait forever for it to complete the easiest of tasks. Even when playing back PowerDirector 12 struggles when you click a section ahead of your current position on the timeline. It can take as long as 30 seconds to continue to play from your new playback point. It becomes increasingly frustrating.

I spent weeks communicating with the support team trying to sort out one issue after another. At one point PowerDirector 12 could not even find its very own installation files and even when I literally hit the software over the nose with the right software and material files it had a fit. I wish that I had never been introduced to this Video Editor.

Yes it is real easy to use, there is a certain amount of available customisation but that is mainly through the third party plugins some of which came with PowerDirector 12. even its own software that it is meant to interface directly with causes problems.

Yes it has some great software both from thrid parties and as part of its install but sometimes you cannot use all the functions of the other software. For example Audio Director is capable of converting your stereo files to a convincing 5.1 surround but not when you go into it directly from within PowerDirector. Normally you would create the 5.1 when you have completed everything in AudioDirector but this option is not available when you exit to go back into PowerDirector 12.

Every file you create or import with it MUST NOT BE MOVED from its point of origin. If PowerDirect 12 loses track of an file you are in trouble. When you re-introduce the program to the mislaid file it can inform you that the file is not the original. Even when you know for a fact that it is 100% the genuine file!

Even when the program packs everything together it can later have problems finding everything. The program needs further development but I am not wasting anymore of my time with it. It can produce great results but not enough controls on the variables. The program if it had no working problems would be ideal for those not seeking to do any of the work for themselves.

I have moved across to the Sony Vegas Pro 13 Suite the equivalent of the PowerDirecter 12 Ultimate Suite and though it looks dull and lacklustre you are in for one hell of a surprise. You can do so much more with it than with PowerDirector 12 and its supporting software is also a must. They blend together so effectively. Though the overall system is more difficult to learn it is well worth that little bit more effort to do so. It then becomes a really powerful tool with such great flexibility. You can add, take, replace, paste, copy, walk on water and without even breaking sweat. I cannot recommend PowerDirector 12 but I do highly recommend the Sony Vegas Pro 13 Ultimate Suite. Go check it out and all the great audio software that you can get which works as a standalone or from within.

PowerDirector12 basically does everything for you but at a snails pace because it spends so much time stopped because it does not respond. Sony Vegas Pro 13 makes you work but have some fun doing it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3