Profile for PPS > Reviews

Content by PPS

PPS "mr_kgee" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Macromedia Fireworks MX (Training from the Source)
Macromedia Fireworks MX (Training from the Source)
by Patti Schulze

5.0 out of 5 stars training? more like enlightenment, 24 Dec 2003
..before now Fireworks was a mystery, like so many other art packages. But now all those icons on the toolbar mean something. The lessons are beautifully laid out so you progressly build up pages for use in a web site. I didn't pay meuch attention to the back blurb, just bought it on the hopes it would talk me through the basics (Having bought others from the source range)..but as with the others in the range, the lessons step by step talk you through what is required and then loop back to explain what has happened in more depth.
Well worth and investment if the package is available and training budget is tight.

Macromedia Flash MX Game Design Demystified
Macromedia Flash MX Game Design Demystified
by Jobe Makar
Price: 32.07

5.0 out of 5 stars This book talks to you.., 24 Dec 2003
..having bought an assortment of books to get me started and then progress my knowledge i truely say that few have inspired me so much as this book. I felt the author talks you through everything, NOT waffles on about the subject and expects you to pick it up here and there from what is written. Jobe, and the other contributors (respected flash designers), explain and then reinforce the material they are trying to convey.
I have read the SAMS book on flash and done the hours/days etc but they didn't click as much as this book...and this is rated as for medium to advanced users. The maths section took me right back to my school days, but he hasn't made it geeky.
If you want to know how the games are made, this book lifts the cover off the engine block to show the gears moving and how they move. I thought i 'knew' about animation, well the SAMS way of thinking. Now my eyes are opened. Buy it today and learn what Flash is really about.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4