Profile for Mr. J. A. Bentley > Reviews

Sense And Sensibility (BBC) [1981] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tracey Childs
Offered by Qoolist

3.0 out of 5 stars The most miserable version ( sorry Jane ), 27 July 2014
With the exception of the 1971 BBC version of this DVD I have 3 versions of the Novel in DVD format at present, the novel I have read N times and I must say this is the most miserable version of this classic, Emma Thompson,s version is always uppermost in my mind with the inclusion of the little Margaret Dashwood, almost certainly given a more prominent part to lighten the misery and anguish of these 2 sisters to whom their suitors seem only interested in their non existent fortunes.
The quality of this DVD is not too bad for it,s age but lacks Emma Thompson,s winning touch, all I can say in it,s favour is it includes more from the novel than the other variants.

iBPM Stylus 8 Pack for LG G Pad 8.3
iBPM Stylus 8 Pack for LG G Pad 8.3
Offered by BPM UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars A clean screen, 26 July 2014
This little kit is value for money and is a nicely made product, finger prints on my tablet I do not like and now I can keep a clean screen. I also don,t have to worry if some light fingered person decides to ;borrow; one of the styluses, as there are spares aplenty.

Panasonic '11 VIERA 3D Demonstration Disc
Panasonic '11 VIERA 3D Demonstration Disc

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 July 2014
Played on an LG Oled 55ea980W-ZA 3d smart tv, oled curved screen, 4-color pix TV this is quality that even the 4K demos would have trouble topping, totally brilliant, a real show stopper, played in either 3D or 2D. I always knew this set was tops but now I can prove it easily. NOTE if you buy the LG & Panasonic discs you are provided with an extra disc with Side by Side 3D on it, on both the Sony and LG sets I have this is easy to set the screen up to take advantage of the extra sample media.

3D BLU-RAY 2012 LG DEMO DISC ****Voted No 1 Demo For Pop Out 3D****
3D BLU-RAY 2012 LG DEMO DISC ****Voted No 1 Demo For Pop Out 3D****
Dvd ~ PUBLIC DOMAIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 July 2014

ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 - 150 Watt Multicompatible Low Noise CPU Cooler for AMD and Intel Sockets
Offered by NORDPC

5.0 out of 5 stars Solutions to a hot summer, 26 July 2014
Bought for a hybrid set up cooling a Blu-Ray recorder on a enclosed confined glass shelf and attached with past to a copper plate on the outside of the unit it does the job perfectly. I noted that compared with the other ARTIC fans that I have it,s noise level is a little higher although not obtrusive, chose next day delivery due to this incredible hot summer and delivered on time.

Music from the Motion Picture 'Pride and Prejudice'
Music from the Motion Picture 'Pride and Prejudice'

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful ethereal music, 20 July 2014
This particular variant of this film/novel is the standard on which I compare all variations of Pride & Prejudice, absolute perfection, Joe Wright got it spot on. I enjoyed it so much that I purchased this CD of the beautiful ethereal music that accompanied the film , and when played it brings an extra dimension to Jane Austen,s masterpiece. I think even the die hard Janeite,s ( of which I am one ) would agree it is a perfect score to run along side the film.

Pride & Prejudice [Blu-ray] [2005] [US Import]
Pride & Prejudice [Blu-ray] [2005] [US Import]
Offered by marvelio-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Pride & Prejudice [Blu-ray] [2005] [US Import], 13 July 2014
This particular variant of this film/novel is the standard on which I compare all variations of Pride & Prejudice, absolute perfection, Joe Wright got it spot on. I enjoyed it so much that I purchased this Blu-Ray US version in addition to the English Blu-Ray that I already have, and when played on a 55 inch OLED screen with a 7 channel cinema unit it is Jane Austen at her best. It is no use the die hard Janeite,s ( of which I am one ) criticising the American ending as not pure Jane Austen, after all there are MANY scenes in the Colin Firth, Jennifer Ehle version that are pure invention.

HDMI Female Coupler / Adaptor/ Extender/  Gold Plated Connection (BY CABLES 4 ALL)
HDMI Female Coupler / Adaptor/ Extender/ Gold Plated Connection (BY CABLES 4 ALL)
Offered by Cables 4 ALL

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as the illustration, 5 July 2014
This was supplied next day delivery, very rapid postal service BUT IT IS NOT THE ONE THAT IS ILLUSTRATED ON THE AMAZON WEB SITE I regard this as poor practice and I would say to the supplier that you should not do this, My reason for wanting this design, I have a number of these in an experimental set up and I wanted one that was different in design to the others that I have, so making cable tracing easy.

Pride And Prejudice [1980]
Pride And Prejudice [1980]
Dvd ~ Desmond Adams
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

4.0 out of 5 stars In Slow Gear, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Pride And Prejudice [1980] (DVD)
This is indeed Pride & prejudice in slow gear, pleasant it may be but it has not the life of it,s modern 2 rivals, the principle centrepiece Elizabeth Bennett has not the waspishness of her modern counterparts Jennifer Ehle and Keira Knightley, Mr Darcy has not the presence of Colin Firth or Matthew Macfadyen, but in my view this is not the worst of the four versions or indeed the best, see my other reviews of this beautiful world of Jane Austen.
It can be seen that the cast directors have selected a suitable obsequious clown for the reverent Mr Collins and the actor plays his part well with his special top hat although I always think that Tom Hollander excels in this part.
However it is possible to see from this production where the two latest versions with improvements to the presentation have come from, a useful model for the modern scriptwriters to follow, although all film makers give little attention to the novel as to the contents of the last few chapters of Jane's masterpiece.

Landmann 0223 Gas Lighter
Landmann 0223 Gas Lighter
Offered by Diy-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 Year Life, 4 July 2014
I have a cooker 4 gas ring used at leased 10 times per day, it lets so much gas out before the auto ignition comes on I find the light up procedure to violent hence the use of this hand held gas lighter which ensures it lights up immediately. This is my 3rd purchase of this make of gas lighter each one lasts about 6yrs, good value for money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20