Profile for Mr. J. A. Bentley > Reviews

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by iBox Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 6 Feb 2014
These are good value for money, but don,t kid your self that they are in the same class as Monster HDMI leads with an in built clocking indicator at a £100 a throw, I have 9 of these leads on a supper HD system and you don,t spend £6000+ on a TV screen and put standard leads on it, they are quality leads in the same way as a plastic bag against a Gucci bag are quality, both fit for purpose but in a different class. I bought these leads for experimental hook ups and for this purpose they are excellent.

Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops 10ml
Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops 10ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable Product, 4 Feb 2014
Dry eye syndrome is an absolute pain makes you tired and can be quite painful, spending hours on a computer screen delving into art subjects in the tiniest detail for correction in Photoshop you need some help and this combined with Optrex eye spray also on the Amazon site is a good solution to the problem.

High Society: Grace Kelly and Hollywood
High Society: Grace Kelly and Hollywood
by Donald Spoto

5.0 out of 5 stars Really a sad story, 4 Feb 2014
I have written many reviews on Grace Kelly books and films and to my mind she did not get the best out of her life, reading this book and other publications you can fill in on the details of her sad life and the influence of her controlling father, she once said in relation to her marriage :I suppose I can learn to love him : to my mind not a good enough reason to marry anyone. There are many other books on the market that give more detail of her impossible children, and her driving with her poor eyesight although there have been many attempts to hide the facts, to me she was a beautiful person and a film icon, the best film to see the real Grace in is with Carry Grant in TO Catch A Thief, in Blu-Ray on a large screen you see all her beauty and that blue gown is truly magnificent.

Rush [Blu-ray]
Rush [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Chris Hemsworth

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolutely superb film, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Rush [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I am quite familiar with the rivalry of these two racing drivers and this film takes you back into the period, you are there, the danger, the cars, the women are all there, but what you are not prepared for is the two actors who play the principle characters in the film, the producers of the film could not have got any nearer to these 2 men, they are incredible, Watch and enjoy and you will want to watch it again and again, comes complete with many interesting background bits of history.

Digital LCD Aquarium Fish Tank Vivarium Meter Thermometer
Digital LCD Aquarium Fish Tank Vivarium Meter Thermometer
Offered by We Cost Less

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for my fishy friends, 4 Feb 2014
This is a neat well made item I have this on a shelf of some 8 video recorders to keep a check on the heat produced by them, installed are a further 5 sensors each one of which cost 3 times the price, it compares well for accuracy and quality of finish and as my recorders are not part of an aquarium I have stuck a white brother label over the title strip on the front of the unit to disguise it,s origins, quick delivery as well.

Panasonic SC-BTT400EBK Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc 5.1 Home Cinema System (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Did You Know ?, 28 Jan 2014
That the older version of this the SA-BT290EBK is the only Blu-Ray player that I can find that plays the Blu-Ray discs produced on Panasonics DMR BWT735 smart 3D Blu Ray recorder 1TB HDD. I know I have tried them all including their latest 4K player. Now if you have spent £800 on a pair of these players this is really useful information. Does anybody know if this one also plays these home grown Blu-Ray discs?

Some Like It Hot [DVD] [1959]
Some Like It Hot [DVD] [1959]
Dvd ~ Tony Curtis
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it ..., 25 Jan 2014
A rightly deserved classic at 5 stars, you would never guess that Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe hated each others guts from the screen play between the two, the work of two professionals. The film shows off Marilyn,s superb figure to advantage and her rendering of the classic songs is the best. the collection of evil gangsters is also well cast and the film is shown in the correct format, picture quality not the best but very acceptable. A really enjoyable classic masterpiece.

High Society [DVD] [1956]
High Society [DVD] [1956]
Dvd ~ Bing Crosby

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Crosby,s Infatuation, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: High Society [DVD] [1956] (DVD)
Played on a Blu-Ray player with upscalling and a 55 inch super High Definition TV this film is outstanding in both vision and sound quality and doe,s not give it,s age away, the print is also in the correct format so there is no distortion of the actors figures. Next to the film TO Catch A Thief this in my opinion is Grace Kelly,s best.
Bing Crosby,s real life infatuation with Grace Kelly comes across in this film, Crosby had a disastrous marriage and was very unhappy in it and looked to Grace Kelly for comfort, this she returned to a limited degree but turned down his marriage proposals. For those interested in finding out more about this I can refer you to GRACE KELLY HER LIFE AND LOVES BY JANE ELLEN WAYNE ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE AMAZON SITE just one of many books on the subject. The more I learn about Film Stars life's the more I realize that their wealth and fame brought them little comfort, see my reviews relating to Grace Kelly and her royal marriage.

Hozelock 2621 Shampoo Sticks HOZ2621
Hozelock 2621 Shampoo Sticks HOZ2621
Offered by Arcade Electrics (Goole)

5.0 out of 5 stars Twenty Years, 22 Jan 2014
I have been using this product for twenty years, used with the small hand held Hozelock brush and keeping the water flow to a minimum even the dirtiest car can be cleaned with one stick and quickly, a lot less effort than a bucket of shampoo !

Duronic [HRS1051] 5 Port HDMI Auto Switch Box plus Remote - 5x1 HUB (5 way input 1 output) 1080p Full HD Switcher
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars In use as an 8 Port Box, 22 Jan 2014
My first two switching boxes fell over quite quickly, my third, a manual box which I prefer is still functioning perfectly, and as I can not manage without a box I have bought this one as a spare and I have installed it on another system as a ready standby, it,s certainly the smallest gadget of this type that I have seen but at this stage I can not fault it,s performance. I have since connected this up to one leg of a 5 way box to give me 8 inputs and 1 TV output and it works very well with no spurious switching, both have 5V separate power supply's for extra stability.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20