Profile for JudyR > Reviews

JudyR (Bronx, NY USA)

Agatha Christie at Home
Agatha Christie at Home
by Hilary Macaskill

5.0 out of 5 stars Agatha Christie at Home - Warm, Inviting, and Beautiful, 17 Dec. 2010
As soon as I started to browse through "Agatha Christie at Home," I had the feeling as if someone opened the door to me as a guest. The photographs, both indoors and outside, are beautiful. It is so nice to have a glimpse of the private, home life of my favorite author. I keep the book in my den, where I can just relax, open it, and find myself in England.

Miss Marple's Final Cases (Miss Marple)
Miss Marple's Final Cases (Miss Marple)
by Agatha Christie

4.0 out of 5 stars Miss Marple's 6 Final Cases - Agatha Christie, 29 Aug. 2009
I love most Miss Marple stories, and these short stories are no exception. My only complaint (if it can be called a complaint) is that these stories were not more fully developed. "The Dressmaker's Doll" and "In a Glass Darkly" were also enjoyable stories. I received the book from England, and I am not sure what is meant by a "facsimile edition." I hope it is not an abbreviated version or reedited by someone else - I like to think that I am reading the stories exactly as Agatha Christie wrote them.

I am very glad I purchased this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2010 7:04 AM GMT