Profile for THE IMF > Reviews

Content by THE IMF

THE IMF

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Letouch Apple Certified 4 Feet (1.2M) Lightning Cable to USB Charge and Sync / MFI Certified Longer 8 pin Iphone Cable Charger Made for iPhone 6 6plus/5 5S 5C / iPad 4 / Mini / Mini Retina / iPad Air , iPod 7 etc (Gold)
Offered by Prodigy3

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 22 April 2015
My wife has gone through 6 different cables for her 5S. This one finally looks and feels like it cannot be destroyed easily!

It's very sturdy with a strong braided cable, works perfectly with the charger and itunes and the gold looks really really nice. Great buy.

Chimpact 2 Family Tree
Chimpact 2 Family Tree

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as the first., 22 April 2015
This review is from: Chimpact 2 Family Tree (App)
I loved the first game, this sequel is nowhere near as good as the first. The graphics are superb but they've lost the game play that the first game had and made it too complex and confusing.

I uninstalled this less than an hour after installing it.

MOTOROLA MBP43 Dig. Babyphone mit Kamera
MOTOROLA MBP43 Dig. Babyphone mit Kamera

4.0 out of 5 stars They finally fixed the charging port., 22 April 2015
After going through 3 MBP36S monitors; I got this as a replacement after complaining enough.

It has a proper charging port this time which looks robust unlike the previous models where they fell apart. The unit is actually lighter than the 36S and has a clearer screen and much better frame rate.

The base has very good range like it's predecessor, but this one although feels much more sturdy has a more cheaper feel to it in that it's a kind of matt instead of a gloss finish.

The camera has much better night vision and looks much better than the predecessor.

Unfortunately they've removed the option of the screen timeout for some bizarre reason so you have to manually keep pushing a button if you want to view the screen.

Other negative I would say is that the receiver seems to have quite a hiss that the 36S did not.

LG G Watch R Smartwatch - Black
LG G Watch R Smartwatch - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing watch., 19 April 2015
I've had this for a month now and I never take it off my wrist. It's the first thing I put on when I wake up now, absolutely love it. My regular watches I only put on when I left the house.

Here's my breakdown review:

BATTERY
The first day I had it, the battery lasted half a day or something. I guess that's because it was syncing up with the phone and I was playing around with it continuously. Still it had me worried!
The next day it lasted from 7am until midnight with 40 % left. I let it go another day and it died at around 7pm.
A week later I noticed that the watch was lasting easily from 7am one morning until midnight the next day with a few percent to spare. I get on average 200 emails a day, 100 whatsapp messages and at least 100 others notifications (twitter, facebook, calendar etc).
One of the the keys to a long battery life is never use Watchmaker Pro. I tried a few of those watch faces and the watch lasted 7am until 11pm with every one I tried. I use Intellicom or Facer which both offer good battery life (with some tweaking to show minimal in dim mode).

Here's the one big surprise for me. My phone battery from 7am would last just about until midnight on a good day (HTC One M8). Using the watch it lasts until midnight with at least 40% remaining now simply because I'm not powering up the screen to look at notifications.

USAGE / APPS
There are some apps available for Android Wear but I have only found a couple that are useful like the Google Keep app, the flashlight which believe it or not is quite handy, audio recorder and track ID. I primarily use the watch for notifications though to prevent me pulling out my phone all the time which is why I wanted the watch in the first place. A quick glance when it buzzes on your wrist and you can either open it on your phone, respond from your watch, ignore it for now or dismiss it if it's not urgent.

The phones are huge these days but it seems like the vibration technology has not got much better. I never feel or hear a phone beep or ring in my pocket. I have never missed any urgent notifications or calls since I have been wearing this.

NEGATIVES
The heart rate monitor is flakey at best. I was at the docs who measured my heart rate at 54bpm. I ran the watch straight after and it gave me 65bpm. Quite a difference as my resting heart rate has always been below 60bpm so I'm pretty sure it's not that accurate.
Bringing the watch up to look at it brings it from ambient to awake, this doesn't work too great all the time. It's like the sensitivity is not enough.
Sometimes I'd feel a buzz and look at the watch and it'll be on the watch face select screen which is annoying at times.
The strap supplied is pretty poor.

CONCLUSION
Overall for me I love this watch. It does what I need it to do. I sometimes use the voice feature but I genuinely only wanted it for the notifications and for that it works perfectly and lasts a long time too. Do I really want to do more than that with a smart watch? No, not unless there's a real killer app, all that ugly iwatch stuff looks useless for my use case. Looks wise it's a good size for me and I quite like the black look. I have fairly skinny wrists but not skinny enough to make this look stupid. It looks very good. The screen is very very clear and there's even a sunlight mode to make it even more clear when in the sun.

I bought mine from Amazon.fr and saved £50 which makes this an absolute steal. I own about 8 watches ranging from £300 to £900 each. I think most will be going on eBay now as this one is my continuous daily wear.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2015 3:13 PM BST

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away. Amazing., 16 April 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
So I got this delivered, plugged it in, set it up (took about 3 mins as it already knew who I was!). I'm pretty impressed I have to say!

I finally have a way of watching all that Prime TV content on my big screen that I had no access to before. The UI is very slick and shows no lag at all and there are subtitles too which you can modify the look to your taste. The voice search is actually pretty impressive when you install it on your phone and it is very accurate at understanding what is said. I've tried a few games and they play fine with no lag at all and great graphics but get a bit uncomfortable to play with the remote; hopefully there will be an app for phones that gives better controller options.

I installed Netflix on this device which works perfectly in full HDMI and then sideloaded Kodi on here as well which works flawlessly. I'm actually very impressed at the processing power of this device.

Previously I used a Chromecast and an Android M8 Box to stream content. This has negated the need for both of them now.

The only downside, and it's a small one, is the lack of ability to add external storage to this device.

Harris Groundsman PA99301 Dustpan and Brush Set
Harris Groundsman PA99301 Dustpan and Brush Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be scared of the price; it's a fantastic product!, 15 April 2015
If I think of all those times I've gone to one of those 99p DIY stores and come back with a dustban and brush that cannot handle heavy duty and fall apart so quickly when I could have just got this!

This item, despite being so cheap, is strong and sturdy and fantastic at cleaning up outdoors or indoors after a DIY project. Very impressed.

100 x RJ45 Ends Crimps Cat5E Connectors Plugs LAN Cat 5
100 x RJ45 Ends Crimps Cat5E Connectors Plugs LAN Cat 5
Offered by fortunemart-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value as long as you have a good crimper!, 15 April 2015
With my old crimper, half I tried fell apart. I changed crimper and have not had a problem with any that I have tried so pretty happy with these.

You can tell they are quite cheap though but they do the job fine!

10 Pack of Green Lint Free Microfibre Exel Super Magic Cleaning Cloths For Polishing, Washing, Waxing And Dusting.
Offered by Discounted Cleaning Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality., 15 April 2015
Love these. They work fantastically with my greased lightning product and cleans up the car very well.

Have washed them and they haven't fallen apart and look brand new so very happy with these.

Why I Love My Mummy
Why I Love My Mummy
by Daniel Howarth

2.0 out of 5 stars For mothers that do everything for their kids and fathers who don't do anything., 15 April 2015
This review is from: Why I Love My Mummy (Paperback)
My daughter absolutely loves this book but as a father, half the stuff in there is pretty annoying because it is me that does half of it and not her mother.

I'm glad that my daughter picked up on it whenever she reads this book that "mummy doesn't do that, daddy does it.".

I understand the concept is to show appreciation to kids mothers, but in this day and age it's a bit dated to expect the mother to be the sole carer of a child.

Thermaclose 50mm 2.5m General Purpose Insulated Cavity Closer
Thermaclose 50mm 2.5m General Purpose Insulated Cavity Closer

4.0 out of 5 stars Did the job fine for me. Need some sealant to seal it., 15 April 2015
I had a small hole in my cavity walls where my water stopcock is for some reason and needed to cover it.

The hole was only 70cm high but this was the only product that I could find. I had to cut it with a stanley knife which was fine and it fit the hole and covered it fine.

You do, however, need to buy a shed load of some sealant to actually fix this to the wall if you are going to do what I did and expecting to totally seal the cavity wall.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11