Profile for Ms. J. Brooks > Reviews

Kampa Airlock Junior Camp Air Bed with Side Cushions Candyfloss Pink
Offered by Tamworth Camping Ltd
Price: 18.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded all expectations!, 28 Jun 2011
This little blow up bed (We have it in blue) has really exceeded all my expectations.I ordered it in desperation after my grandson kept falling out of a much more expensive blow-up bed and I had to return a Ready Bed as it made the most horrendous noises all night every time my grandson even moved slightly. Because of the price I was surprised to see what good quality it was- much better than the photo. It took about 5 mins to inflate with a 'bellows' foot pump, much better than the battery operated one I tried, which I was surprised about. These foot pumps are very easy to find- all big supermarkets and a major high street 'warehouse' store have them (cost 5-7). Because of the flock covering it makes hardly any noise when the child moves, and the high sides stop them rolling off. My grandson is a very tall 3 year old so I wondered how long it would last him but I reckon at least until about 6 years. The bed stays very well inflated- I have used it for 5 days without having to put any extra air. He sleeps 12 hours at a time on this so it must be comfortable and I wish I had found this before wasting money on other more expensive airbeds- fantastic value for the price!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2013 10:07 PM GMT

Toddler Taming Tips: A Parent's Guide to the First Four Years - Pocket Edition
Toddler Taming Tips: A Parent's Guide to the First Four Years - Pocket Edition
by Dr Christopher Green
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not at all helpful., 6 Jan 2011
I bought this book in the hope it might give some helpful and useful strategies in dealing with the challenging behaviour of a very bright 2year old.The book contains some sensible advice such as would be found in any good book on childcare, but as a family who do not agree with smacking under any circumstances, I was disappointed and quite shocked to see the author advocating smacking in certain circumstances- for example when the child refuses to be buckled up in the car. What an odd idea that this would make any difference!He also refers to 'difficult children'- in my experience all children exhibit challenging behaviour at some point and I don't feel it is helpful to label any child as 'difficult'- children live up to other's expectations after all. I much prefer the advice and sensible strategies in Tanya Byron's books, especially 'Little Angels' which focusses on how the parent/s' behaviour impacts dramatically on that of the child.