Profile for marky77 > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Deluxe Nutrition 200mg Caffeine Tablets - Pack of 100
Deluxe Nutrition 200mg Caffeine Tablets - Pack of 100

5.0 out of 5 stars 99 is a great price considering you get 100 pills with 200mg of ..., 1 Jan. 2015
That stimulating boost you just need in the morning sometimes.
I woulddefinitely rate ths product a 5/5 as everything about it is impressive! Prom the price to the product.
&5.99 is a great price considering you get 100 pills with 200mg of caffeinein eachof them. When attempting to buy "energy tablets" or "caffeine pills" in shops (like Boots, or the pharmacy aisle in supemarkets), I have never ever been able to find any that contain more than 25-50mg Caffeine the MOST. And even as someone who doesn't drink much coffee - they had very little, if any, effect on me.

So, I was thrilled to discover that could buy 200mg pills - and a 100 of them for only 6 pounds.
They work pretty well,giving you the energy boost you need, lasting for a good four to six hours.

MoreInfo: Also, as well as giving you a nice boost of energy, they also raise your metabolism, increase exorcize endurance and elevate mood.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
by Mark Haddon

5.0 out of 5 stars I vaguelky remembered seeing posters of it andhearing that it was supposedo e good. But time went by, 30 Dec. 2014
It has actuially been severalths - if notover a year - since I bought this book, I vaguelky remembered seeing posters of it andhearing that it was supposedo e good. But time went by, thingshappenened, etc etc the sameold story where you end up what ever happened to that book you were aout to read?
That is until just over a week ago a started seeingposterss for #The Curious Incidentof the Dogin theNightTime the Move...out on bus-pace walls etc.
As i happened, I already had 12-or-so-pages leftof my current book and so was able to get #Curious Incident# strted that very night and went on to read the majority of the thing during the next couple of evening.
I actually foundthe titular character evenmore slightly odd thanhe was supposted to be - in an entirely darling way,ofcourse - something, I think in the way that he always had a slight snse of nervous about him whilst inthe viscinity of those hom h did not know. Or his parculariar habbits that make most people somehat uncompfartable,to the way his hobbies are more comparible to pathalogical obscenities- just kidding on thatlast part, haha :).
I don't have autism or a disorder on that prespectrum,but I do have what my psych doctor described as "An Odd Mixture of BPD yet with peulaiary tey still somehow,,,notunseen...perculiarity personality features"
Haha - butwho knows? Maybe she was just a quack speaking a good old load of gobbledegook.

Ahhhhnd on to my conclution: "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Meddon was written in 2004 and it is approximately 279 pages long.
SYSNOPSIS: Fifteen year old Christopher has a photographic memory. He understands maths. He hates science. What he can't understand areother human beings.
So whenhe finds his neighbours friend Wellington lying dead onthe road, he decides to track down and write a murder mystery about it. But as he is doing it be breaks downother myricals which threaten to bring his wholw world crashing down around him.

THERE WILL A BE A MOVIE OF #THE CURIOS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT TIME ou at the cinema's here in just a few weeks now! ENJOY! :).

Maggot Moon
Maggot Moon
by Sally Gardner

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly moving, 21 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Maggot Moon (Paperback)
The blurb on the back of the book tells you very little about the story inside. In fact, it doesn't even tell you the basic plot or story outline. Personally, I think it is a brilliant concept here so will not go too much into it as this is one of those books that it is best going in to knowing as little as possible.

All I can stay is that this is an addictive read - to the point where I read the entire thing in one sitting last night - and a truly touching story about friendship, love and standing up for what you believe in in the face of adversity and against all odds.

Please read this book, it is a must for children and adults alike.

The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
by Sue Townsend

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every page, 27 Feb. 2013
I actually quite rarely read this type of novel, usual sticking to horror novels or thrillers. However, I have read and enjoyed the Adrian Mole series and the title caught my eye and sparked some interest so I decided to give it a go. VERY pleased I did. Funny, sad and thought-provoking all in one, I read this book in one day because I just did not want to put it down; I found myself totally absorbed in Eva's story.

The plot? Well, it says it all in the title, really. The day Eva Beaver's (yes, really) twin children leave to go to University, she gets into bed fully clothed and still wearing her shoes and doesn't get out for a year. She doesn't know that it is going to be a year when she gets in. At first she just doesn't want to get out. Relaxes. Tells her husband to make his own tea for once. But as the days goes on she realizes that she simply does not WANT to get out of bed. At all. She even uses a sheet on the floor to make a "pathway" whenever she uses the en suite toilet so her feet do not have to leave the bed.

We are also introduced to her husband, Brian, who is having an affair with a woman at work called Titana (yes, really), plus their autistic twins Brianne and Brian Junior and their manipulative, attention seeking "friend" the sociopath Poppy.

Certainly a page turner, this book grabs your attention and you cannot put it down until you finish. I really loved reading this and was sad when it ended.

Warm Bodies
Warm Bodies
by Isaac Marion

5.0 out of 5 stars Zombies are people, too!, 7 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Warm Bodies (Paperback)
I honestly enjoyed this book a lot more than I expected I would. The author has somehow managed to create a genuinely sweet romantic story between an undead zombie and a living human being.

Our protagonist, know as R, is a young (physically young, anyway, he has no memory of how long he has been a zombie for) zombie living in a world that has been overcome by a "plague" of zombies. People live in sheltered, guarded communities while zombies roam outside, killing and eating those who dare venture out.

R lives in an abandoned old airport along with dozens of other zombies, including his friend M.

One day, while hunting for "food", he has a love-at-first-sight experience for one of his would-be victims and decides to take her back to his place - an old aeroplane at the airport - and keep her safe.

At first she is a reluctant kidnap victim...but slowly R's feelings start to become reciprocal...

I have heard this book compared to Twilight. People saying that it is like that series but with a zombie instead of a vampire. However, I could not agree less. The feel, story and writing-style are all completely different. The only vague similarity is the element of supernatural romance.

Warm Bodies is a million times deeper, more well-written and intelligent than Twilight.

The writer manages to capture your emotions and make you really care about the characters and their love and root for them to be together despite adversity. I would definitely recommend this book and look forward to the upcoming film adaptation.

Wonder
Wonder
by R J Palacio

5.0 out of 5 stars So Amazing!!, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Wonder (Paperback)
Okay, let me start by saying that this isn't my usual type of book. I read predominately horror. Stephen King type books. Occasionally a comedy.

However, for some reason this caught my eye and made me curious and since it was advertised in Waterstones as "Book of the Month", I thought I'd give it a go.

WOW, I was blown away. I loved it so much I read the whole thing in one afternoon. Right from the first page it reels you in and is impossible to put down until you have finished.

It takes you almost on an emotional rollercoaster; sad, funny and heartwarming all in one.

The story basically follows several months in the life of a 10-year-old boy called August with severe facial deformities (dealing mostly with his experience of going to school for the first time).

I think Wonder is a truly amazing book that everyone could enjoy and benefit from from reading.

Creep Van [DVD]
Creep Van [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brian Kolodziej
Offered by rsdvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Plot? Who cares, 24 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Creep Van [DVD] (DVD)
Okay so there really isn't much of a plot here.

We meet our protagonist, Jackson, a guy trying to earn money to buy a cheap car. To do this he gets a job at a car wash.

Meanwhile we see an unknown "creep" in a rundown old van killing people.

However, there is more to this than it seems. All of the deaths are done creatively and the gore effects are impressive. Also, the killer has "rigged" the van so that the van itself is like one big booby trap leading to unexpected gruesome deaths.
This is very entertaining enough, plus there's some good humour at times.

Not exactly cerebral or oscar winning stuff here, but great entertainment if you have a spare 80 minutes.

ZOM-B Underground
ZOM-B Underground
by Darren Shan

5.0 out of 5 stars B-etter than the first!, 23 Jan. 2013
This review is from: ZOM-B Underground (Hardcover)
Read most of this book in one sitting, it was so good.
It had just as many great twists as the first Zom-B but was more fast-paced and scarier. Plus it introduced a truly scary new character (who promises to feature prominently in the next in the series) as well as a lot of mystery and many questions I can't wait to dive into the next installment to have answered.

Underground takes off where Zom-B left us. I don't really want to say anymore in case I spoil it, but this book has given me high hopes for the series - much more so than the first did.

I still had issues with actively disliking Becky (and at one point I outright hated her), but she does redeem herself (in my opinion) a little towards the end. I think it's a real credit to Shan as a writer that I loved this book so much and the series in general despite the unlikable protagonist.

an't wait for Zom-B City to come out in March.

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner Series)
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner Series)
by James Dashner

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner? More like chapter turner..., 20 Jan. 2013
I loved this book. The fact that it has a mini-cliffhanger at the end of almost every chapter meant I found it very difficult to put down as it had that "just-one-more-chapter" feel to it. I kept telling myself I would just read one more chapter...and then I would finish it and immediately start the next one and so on...

Thomas wakes up as as the lift he is in opens with no memory of who or where he is. He is met by a group of boys who introduce them selves as "Gladers" and discovers that they are alone and living in the center of an enormous maze. None of them have any memory of events before the maze.

Since mystery is a big part of the book it is difficult to say much more about the plot without giving away any twists/ it is probably going into this one knowing as little as possible.

This is an excellent young adult thriller that can be enjoyed by teens and adults alike. Original and addictive. Highly recommended.

From Beyond (1986) All Region DVD (Region 1,2,3,4,5,6 Compatible). Written by H.P. Lovecraft.
Dvd ~ Jeffrey Combs
Offered by Seedhouse-Rare-Movies

4.0 out of 5 stars Campy, cheesy and unintentionally hilarious...but it works, 20 Jan. 2013
Yes, the acting is hammy. Yes, it looks very dated. Yes some of the "horror" scenes are laugh-out-loud funny...but somehow it just works. The movie is great as both a horror and a comedy.

Based on the H.P.Lovecraft story of the same name, From Beyond is a sci-fi/horror about a pair of scientists who create a resonator - a magnetic vibration machine that stimulates the pineal glad in the brain and allows people to see and feel "the beyond" dimension with a sixth sense.

Lot's a funny-gross gore and body horror from the director of "Re-animator".

I agree with the previous reviewer about Barbara Crampton's laughing-scream at the end. It was brilliant and an iconic movie ending.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20