Profile for AstroChick > Reviews

Nintendo 3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Special Steelbook Edition
Nintendo 3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Special Steelbook Edition
Offered by EUROGAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product., 3 Feb. 2015
People need to stop giving this product a one star because of scalpers. For £45 (on the Nintendo UK store), I think this is a good deal, and one for the fans of MM. I love Majora's Mask and I got this just as something I could keep for years to come. Does anyone know how big the poster is though? A4 size I'm guessing. Anyway, don't buy here, buy elsewhere but definitely purchase it if you're a Zelda fan (and get it before Nintendo UK sell out.) The game itself is my favourite out of them all and I still have the original on N64. They've made the visuals look amazing and it looks as though it runs a lot smoother (less blur, bolder colours) but kept the creepiness in there. I could big this game up all day because I adore it so much but I'll leave it to you to find out for yourself on 13th Feb.

Cluedo Sherlock Edition Board Game
Cluedo Sherlock Edition Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good game for any Sherlock fans., 25 Dec. 2012
I received this game today as an Christmas present and I think it's really good. It's good quality and has clear pictures.
I don't think it deserved the 2 star that it was given.
Fun game for all the family.

SHERLOCK 2013 CALENDAR (Calendar 2013)
SHERLOCK 2013 CALENDAR (Calendar 2013)
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any Sherlock fan...., 4 Nov. 2012
This calender is really good if you're a fan of Sherlock. It's well made and the pictures are really nice, with a little poster thing half way through. I stupidly bought mine from Calender club and it costs double there, but it is worth it. So much so that I bought another one from Amazon and now have two. The paper quality is good and the colours are vibrant.

Most of the photo's are of Sherlock and John, with one of Irene and another of Moriarty. My only peeve would be that the other characters don't really get a look in (Two tiny pictures of Lestrade and only one big one of Mycroft) but apart from that it is a really nice calender and I know Sherlock lovers will enjoy it, especially at this price.

If you're a fan of Benedict and Martin you'll definitely like it, but if you're looking for the other characters (Moriarty, Molly, Lestrade, Mycroft) you may be disappointed.

I like it either way though. :)

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
Offered by rockaway-records

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Game, 18 Nov. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Very good game.. Awesome Graphics.. Everything about this game just feels.. right. I like the music, the storyline, the people in it.. everything.

I've played most of the other Zelda games apart from the SNES ones, and I'm a really big fan of the games and Nintendo. When I first saw this game I wasn't sure about the graphics, but then it slowly grew on me and now, I love it.

You can tell Nintendo spent ages on this game, it has such little things that make you smile (for example; The Loo. Kept me amused) and they should be proud of making such a good game.

I like the idea of riding the Loftwings; Makes a nice change from Epona, and gives the game a different feel.

I'm not sure if this is meant to be the prequel? I thought it was, but I keep hearing different things.

Buy this game, you will not regret it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2011 1:14 AM GMT

Samphire Song
Samphire Song
by Jill Hucklesby

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me cry.., 12 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Samphire Song (Paperback)
This isn't my usual taste (as I read Stephen King and other disturbing novels) but I picked it up because I read the reviews and they made it sound good, and well, it is. Very good. It also made me cry, alot, especially with her brother Ed and all the problems her Mother faces.
The writing is simple, yet flows beautifully, and sucks you straight into the story.
Really really nice story, and one that stays with you long after reading it. I highly recommend it, and it's good for children and adults alike (I'm 21)

11.22.63
11.22.63
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, What can I say?, 12 Nov. 2011
This review is from: 11.22.63 (Hardcover)
I love Stephen King, and every time, I fall into his trap. He starts his novels off slow and "normal" and them BAM hits you with pure horror. I always relax in his novels until the end bit where all the action is (especially with Pet Semetary). I also like his reference to IT,which added more horror and disturbance.
I ordered this at Midnight and received it the next day. I enjoy getting his book before Christmas and then I read them quick the first time, and slow the second.
If you're hestitating about this, and wondering whether or not to buy it, then do. It's worth it, really worth it. I also like how the changes are small, and barely noticeable but yet still there.. And i'm a huge fan of books about the butterfly effect.
I also his "Under the Dome" but felt the ending was a total cop out, and i'm pleased to say this has a much more satisfatory ending. (I apologize for my bad spelling, I'm tired)
The book came in perfect condition, I love the smell of new books, and extremely quickly (which for Amazon is quite impressive)
So yeah, highly recommended and don't hestitate to buy it.. You won't regret it.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter Signature Edition)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter Signature Edition)
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book!, 30 Sept. 2011
This is probably my third favourite HP book (after Half blood prince and Deathly Hallows), I like the story, I like how it gets darker. So yeah, 5 stars from me.

Harry Potter Slytherin House Scarf
Harry Potter Slytherin House Scarf
Offered by Sukiyaki JP

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware...., 30 Sept. 2011
This isn't the Slytherin scarf, instead it's the Ravenclaw scarf..

It's fine for me as I like both, but if you want a Slytherin one, don't order it here! You won't receive the correct one.

Ravenclaw scarf:
Quality is very good, it's long and soft and the badge on the front is clear and looks authentic.
The colours are nice, and i'm pleased with it. Just gotta wait for winter, but at the moment it's boiling hot. Grr.

50 Most Extreme Places in Our Solar System
50 Most Extreme Places in Our Solar System
by R. David Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book... Well worth it, 8 Jan. 2011
No one's reviewed this so i thought i'd be the first incase someone wants to know what it's like and if it's worth the money.

It's quite a small book in size, but quite thick. It is hardcover (i prefer books that are hardcover, because they look better and are easier to hold)Also the book is well made, and the pages feel decent (i have found with some books, they are cheaply put together)

The first thing i noticed when i opened it was the pictures, they are awesome pictures. They really do look stunning. There are nine parts to this book: They range from extreme weather on the different planets/moons to life and how it came about.

The information in this book is good, and is accompanied by some tables (easy to understand) and pictures. In one bit they show a scar that's on the Mars surface, and impose the scar onto Earth to show how big it is (stretches right across America) stuff like that just makes you think wow.

I really do recommend this book, it's well worth the price and more. :)

Vampire Academy: Last Sacrifice (book 6)
Vampire Academy: Last Sacrifice (book 6)
by Richelle Mead

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the other five.., 10 Dec. 2010
I couldn't wait for this book to be released. I preordered it from Waterstones because i knew Amazon wouldn't deliver it on the day it came out, whereas Waterstones did. Anyway, i started reading it that night and it just felt different. I found myself skipping large paragraghs because there was so much description that i felt it bogged the story down. I'm going to list the good and bad points to this book (in my opinion)

Good

1. The main good thing for me was the person she ended up with, as it was the ending i wanted. This was something i was worried about, that Rose wouldn't end up with the person i and many others, wanted. But she did. So that's a good thing.
2. Alot of the people you see throughout the books are in this final chapter, which i like.
3. There was another happy ending with some other characters too, which i enjoyed.
4. It isn't dark at all, there are hardly any strigoi in this book, it is quite funny in places as well.

Bad

1. Too much description. It got boring, and i found myself glazing over sections of the book.
2. Not much action. The author set the scene, but let it fall flat on it's face, the ending wasn't as good as the other books (book 3 and 4 mostly)
3. The characters felt different, like they all had a personality transplant.
4. The constant shifting from Rose's POV to Lissa's grew tedious. Especially as nothing good was happening.
5. The murderer was just unrealistic.
6. I think the author got bored halfway through this book, and just gave up. It doesn't feel like she's tried very hard.
7. SPOILERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lissa becoming queen was just stupid, and jill being her sister was just like "what the.. ?"

Overall, i think if you've read the other 5 you should read this because it does end the series. It is funny, and it does have some good moments, but the ending let it down, it was rushed, and did leave alot of characters hanging. Im a big fan of VA but i think this book let the series down a little bit. I wanted more action, like the other books had, but this lacked that. So yeah, buy it to finish the series but don't expect it to be amazing.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2010 11:03 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3