Profile for Ducky > Reviews

Litterlocker II, Litter Locker II Complete With Three Additional Refills
Litterlocker II, Litter Locker II Complete With Three Additional Refills
Offered by Paws To Your Door

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes dealing with litter trays less of a chore, 4 May 2015
Does what it says on the tin! I am so pleased I bought this little beauty, and only think more of it as time goes by - I have been using one for several months now. It feels well made with good-quality plastic, and being white and grey will go with most colour schemes (and goes fantastically with the white and grey litter trays I have!)

I use clumping cat litter and the litterlocker makes scooping out the wet clumps and poop much less of a chore. Before I would either have to put to the offending material in a bag and take it straight outside (not a good option in the pouring rain or dead of night) or put it in my kitchen bin and put up with the smell (not really an option at all, as far as I was concerned!) The litterlocker, on the other hand, gives me somewhere to put the icky stuff where I can close the lid, and all smells are contained incredibly well. I have 2 cats and find I only have to empty the litterlocker about every week or so, so it holds a fair amount too.

It is true that the refill liners are a little on the pricey side, but having tried an imitation product I would recommend spending that bit extra - the cheaper ones I bought were much thinner and didn't seem to have such a long amount of plastic available. I also can't imagine trying to refill the cartridge, which I've read is possible, but for me would create more hassle, and the whole point of getting this was ease of use!

All-in-all I would highly recommend this item, especially if you will be using litter trays long-term because you have indoor cats - or, like mine, rescue cats that grew up indoors and so, even though they now go outside, refuse to do their business there and still insist on using their litter trays!!

Fix Me Up
Fix Me Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Fix Me Up (MP3 Download)
Such beautiful and touching music with a truly inspiration back-story - and even better, all proceeds go towards the Zach Sobiech Osteosarcoma Fund (http://ccrf.convio.net/site/TR/Events/personalfundraising?pxfid=6241&fr_id=1140&pg=fund) to pay for research and hopefully give other people with this disease better treatments and longer lives in the future. What an amazingly brave and wise young man, and what a tremendous shame that he is no longer with us.

Anker Screen Protector for iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 [3-Pack] Highly-Transparent Anti-Glare Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) with Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Best screen protectors ever!, 31 Jan. 2013
Before buying this product I tried a couple of other brands of screen protectors for the iPhone 5 and was disappointed because they were so difficult to place without bubbles, and one kind was really badly trimmed so that the holes didn't line up properly. I read lots of reviews for these Anker ones and decided to give them a try, and for once I was not disappointed - on the contrary, I was pleasantly surprised by them being even better than I had hoped! Admittedly I have only applied one so far - but the fact that I managed this first time, with no bubbles or trapped dust or any other problems, has me grinning from ear to ear! The cut-outs for the speaker, front camera and main button are perfectly positioned, and the whole film is such a good fit for the screen that it's hard to tell that it's even on. I also like the matte 'anti-glare' effect, and it feels much nicer and tougher than the other shinier screen protectors that I've tried before, with no loss of sensitivity to the touch-screen. So all-in-all I would highly recommend these for your iPhone 5.

Studying for your Social Work Degree (Transforming Social Work Practice Series)
Studying for your Social Work Degree (Transforming Social Work Practice Series)
by Hilary Walker

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 13 Dec. 2011
I had this book recommended to me by several of my lecturers and it has been very useful in giving an overview of social work issues & the training needed. I've only given 4 out of 5 because it is quite a broad overview and other texts are obviously needed to fill in the gaps, so to speak, but I do recommend this book for anyone embarking on the social work degree course.

Complete Works of Oscar Wilde (Collins Classics)
Complete Works of Oscar Wilde (Collins Classics)
by Oscar Wilde

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilde for the masses, 6 Mar. 2009
Wilde's work is fantastic - witty and hilarious but he also had an amazing way of getting to the truth of things, especially when in the context of human behaviour. I'm afraid I feel the need to respond to Fredi's review stating that the price is an insult to Wilde's genious... Firstly, he is dead, so he won't be missing out and I'm pretty sure his works sell well enough that his family don't need to worry about that side either. Secondly, I personally am really pleased to see the price of this - to me it says that just about anyone can afford to have their own copy to enjoy, and to me that is fantastic - I'm reasonably sure that Wilde would agree with me. Wilde is one of the great authors in history, up there with the likes of Shakespeare, and I really believe that everyone should have access to this wonderful literature - so well done Amazon for bringing it to us so affordably!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2015 10:39 AM BST

Catch Me When I Fall
Catch Me When I Fall
by Nicci French

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the first few chapters, 21 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Catch Me When I Fall (Paperback)
I found this book quite hard to get into as to begin with I just couldn't identify with the main character, but I perserved and soon I was gripped! Nicci French novels can be pretty intense, and this is no exception so if you're looking for a light read this book is not for you. The writing is superb, however, and in my copy I had some additional material by the authors which I found really interesting.

Soccer Dog & Soccer Dog: European Cup [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Soccer Dog & Soccer Dog: European Cup [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by passionFlix UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Family fun, 25 Jun. 2006
This film, whilst being a bit naff, is still a good film for all the family to watch & enjoy - who doesn't like seeing a sweet little dog help a team of rough & ready scotsmen to win a football match?