Profile for M. Nicolle > Reviews

Content by M. Nicolle

M. Nicolle (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Smart Cat The Ultimate Scratching Post
Smart Cat The Ultimate Scratching Post

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent scratching post, 7 Nov 2012
This is the largest cat scratching post I have been able to find.

It is excellent quality and very easy to set up. The base is large enough to stop my cats tipping it over (been a problem with smaller posts in the past). It took a few days for the cats to decide they like it but now they do it has saved the furniture.

I looked into the perch which was mentioned in previous reviews however it is a bit pricey from the .com site for what it is. I do hope that they release it for the UK market because it looks a great idea.

Nescafé Dolce Gusto Chococino 16 Capsules, 8 servings (Pack of 3, Total 48 Capsules/hot drinking  chocolate pods, 24 servings)
Nescafé Dolce Gusto Chococino 16 Capsules, 8 servings (Pack of 3, Total 48 Capsules/hot drinking chocolate pods, 24 servings)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 Sep 2012
Chococino is my favourite of the Dolce Gusto range.

It is a great bedtime hot chocolate. In my opinion its much better than any of the powder hot chocolate drinks.

I prefer to have more chocolate and less milk than the packet instructions show so I would recommend experimenting to find the balance right for you.

Each box makes 8 drinks (8 chocolate capsules and 8 milk capsules per box) so this 3 pack will only make 24 drinks.

Nescafé Dolce Gusto Espresso Intenso 16 Capsules (Pack of 3, Total 48 Capsules)
Nescafé Dolce Gusto Espresso Intenso 16 Capsules (Pack of 3, Total 48 Capsules)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great expresso, 11 Sep 2012
In my opinion this is by far the best expresso in the Dolce Gusto range. It provides a strong flavour without being bitter. It would say its as good as those you can get in coffee shops and is the perfect drink to wake up to.

You get a total of 48 capsules making it extremely good value.

Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Sportswatch with HRM
Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Sportswatch with HRM
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be much better, 6 Sep 2012
I purchased this watch to replace my 305 which I was finding to bulky and was taking far too long to pick up a signal.

I spent ages trying to work out if I should purchase the 410 or the 610. It seemed they were very similar for what I required however people tend to find the bezel frustrating. I did wonder how bad could the bezel be? I mean Garmin have built this watch for runners so it should be runner friendly. Boy was I wrong.

The bezel is pretty hard to work with dry non-sweaty hands so once you are running its near impossible to use. I would highly recommend sorting all your run settings before you start and don't try to change things while running (and I guess you can totally forget about using it while wearing gloves). It is possible to lock the bezel which I think would be essential during the winter when I will be wearing long sleeve shirts likely to set it off.

There are lots of positives though. The signal is usually found in under a minute. The heartrate strap is a massive improvement on the large plastic strap from the 305. I found the strap for the 305 was too big even at the tightest. This strap is material so is a lot more comfortable. The watch itself is a great fit on my small wrists. I was worried the screen would be harder to read after the 305 which has a massive screen but the information is clear and easy to read even while on the move.

I also purchased the footpod which works great with the watch. Garmin online provides lots of data to keep my inner geek very happy.

If it wasn't for the bezel I would really love the watch (I really hope that Garmin get rid of the bezel for future watches).

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 28 Aug 2012
I have usually found hyped books to be a let down but The Hunger Games is different.

It is set in what was once the USA but is now split into 12 districts run by The Capitol. To keep the districts inline every year one girl and one boy from each district go into a battle area with the winner being the only survivor. The winner from the games gets wealth and fame. The winning district get extra food too.

All the characters are well written especially the main character Katniss who takes her younger sisters place in the game.

This book is written for teenagers however I believe that anyone would love it.

NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Piccolo by Krups KP100640 Coffee Machine, Red, 15 Bar Pressure Pump
Offered by CRIMSON UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 14 Aug 2012
I have wanted to buy a coffee maker for a long time but was always put off by the expensive price and being limited by the selection of coffee.

The machine itself is not very big (about the size of a kettle) so takes up very little kitchen space. The water reservoir is sufficient to make 2 large drinks.

I was really impressed with how quick the whole process is. Once turned on the water is ready in less than 30 seconds. You turn the lever until you are happy with the amount of coffee you have. This is great for choosing strong/weak coffee (or if you wish to be more creative with your coffee). The box for the pods gives also gives a guideline. The drip try is easily moved for difference sized cups.

The selection Dolce Gusto coffee is very large and everything I have tried so far has been great. There is an option for cold drinks too however I have not tried this out yet.

I really do love this little machine. It is a great price, easy to use/clean and the pods are not too expensive (saves a fortune on coffee shops).

Guernsey (Rachel's Story Book 3)
Guernsey (Rachel's Story Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read, 30 July 2012
I enjoyed this book from the start.

The book starts in World War II with a friendship between a young Jewish girl called Rachel and a Guernsey boy called Tom who helps her escape from Alderney.

The book is basically two books in one. The first one covers the war time and the romance between the young couple. The second is a bit more of a thriller when people from Rachels past come back for her. I didn't enjoy the second part quite as much because certain bits weren't quite as believable.

I would recommend this book. Its a great story and fantastic setting in Guernsey and the surrounding islands.

PS, I Love You
PS, I Love You

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, 27 July 2012
This review is from: PS, I Love You (Kindle Edition)
I purchased the book after watching the movie which I really enjoyed. This has to be one of the rare occasions where I have enjoyed the movie more than the book.

The plot had great potential however I never warmed to the characters. Its such a shame because I really wanted to like it. Too often it felt like a cliche. The book is still a nice enough read it just wasn't as likeable as I expected.

One word of warning for Kindle readers - there are lots of typos. Hopefully its something that will be fixed in the future.

Exspect EX882 - In Ear Earphone - Black
Exspect EX882 - In Ear Earphone - Black
Offered by Modern-Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 24 July 2012
As a runner I frequently go through earphones. A friend recommended these because they are cheap and work just as well as more expensive ones. I have to pretty much agree with that recommendation.

I use earphones to listen to audiobooks/podcasts rather than music and find the sound perfect. For music the quality is not as good as my more expensive Creative earphones but still perfectly acceptable.

There is a choice of 3 rubber earbud sizes so you can make sure it fits perfectly in your ear.

I can get about 3 months use out of them before I lose sound in one ear which is about the same amount of time it was taking me to go through more expensive pairs. This is mainly because if I am not using them when running they are in my run shorts so get they knocked around quite a bit.

ASICS Women's Gel Kayano Trainer
ASICS Women's Gel Kayano Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great shoe from Asics, 18 July 2012
I previously ran in the GT21 series of shoe however recently started racing in a lighter trainer. Because of this I needed a more supportive trainer for my longer runs. I asked for recommendations and the Kayano kept coming up.

I took them out on their first run a 1 hour run and found them very comfortable with no need to spend time breaking them in. They are quite expensive however my friends with them have advised that they last very well.

If you want a support and comfortable shoes for those longer runs I would highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8