Profile for Kady > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
When Tomorrow Speaks to Me: Memoirs of an Irish Medium
When Tomorrow Speaks to Me: Memoirs of an Irish Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely book, 24 July 2014
A very nice book. Went to see Bridget and she is just as warm and reassuring as her book portrays her.

BaByliss Pro - 30 Piece Heated Ceramic Rollers
BaByliss Pro - 30 Piece Heated Ceramic Rollers
Offered by Hair Supermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rollers!, 14 Sept. 2013
I was a bit dubious about buying heated rollers. They always remind me of hilda ogden or the early 80s. But i was really surprises at how great these are. I wasnt having much luck with them to begin with as i tried every product going to h
Keep the curl. I also blow dried my hair straigh etc then i read the vintage hair book and it said " your best hair oroduct us water" !! Lightbulb moment and also an excuse not to spend ages straightening my hair. So, i left my hair slightly damp throughout, left a spray bottle handy and away i went with the rollers. They take about 20 minutes to heat and there is no off button as such and to be in the safe side the zero setting is not enough. So remember to unplug. I left them in for 30 mins or up to two hours if im organised, and thhe result is amazing. Once the rollers r in i blow dry them and then switch to a cool setting to set them. What i love about them is they are minimum fuss. I love them. My only complaint is where do i get spare roller pins??

Birthdays and Anniversaries
Birthdays and Anniversaries
by Tarek Malouf
Edition: Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 31 Aug. 2013
I know i have an iphone but this book is really what i needed to log important dates for birthdays etc as i upgrade phones yearly. A beautiful book, good quality. Would make a nice nostalgic gift perhaps .

RETRO MAKE UP: TECHNIQUES FOR APPLYING THE VINTAGE LOOK
RETRO MAKE UP: TECHNIQUES FOR APPLYING THE VINTAGE LOOK
by Lauren Rennells

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 31 Aug. 2013
Excellent photos, very informative. Just what i needed. Would love some more books this educational about this period of make up.

Sleek Eyeshadow - Gold Leaf & Pewter Molten Metal
Sleek Eyeshadow - Gold Leaf & Pewter Molten Metal

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 10 Jan. 2013
THis product was surprisingly good. I am not a big fan of Sleek powders as I prefer MAC, but this compared to Illamasqua cream eyeshadow and is definitely better than the Make up forever product. Beautiful, particularly on darker skin.

Disposable Lip Brushes (25)
Disposable Lip Brushes (25)
Offered by annsbeautysupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Jan. 2013
The reason why I love these brushes are not so much because they are a great shape (the brush could be flatter and a little wider) but that they are good value, do what they are supposed to and save my lipsticks. When applying make up on other people, it helps keep the lipstick cold-sore free and other nasty bugs away from the product. I think they are invaluable to ensuring that the health and safety of the client is paramount and the make up artist.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 10 Jan. 2013
Most gloves are made of latex, which is restrictive for those with allergies. These were good value. Came in a value -looking box, however, did the job.

The Rules of Life, Expanded Edition: A Personal Code for Living a Better, Happier, More Successful Life (Richard Templar's Rules)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 10 Jan. 2013
Not so much a 'self help book' but an every day wise man's guide to living with integrity and dealing with every day dilemmas. I really like the way this was written and enjoyed the dialogue. An enjoyable read.

Disposable Mascara Brushes (25)
Disposable Mascara Brushes (25)
Offered by annsbeautysupplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Jan. 2013
For the price of this product, they really do the job. Shorter heads than some mascara brushes. But well made and good value.

The Hair and Make-up Artist's Handbook                                A Complete Guide for Professional Qualifications
The Hair and Make-up Artist's Handbook A Complete Guide for Professional Qualifications
by Beverley Braisdell

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book for other Make up courses too, 10 Jan. 2013
I am currently completing the ITEC Make up 2 Level 2 course, and this book is a comprehensive text book for the beauty industry. My only criticism would be that the biology section (muscles, skelton etc) is far too technical. I would need a vocabulary box or a glossary on the page as it jumps straight into medical terminology and the standard of English here did not match the tone of the rest of the book. I am not sure how this would help students and would be quite offputting. I will try to find another book such as a GCSE revision book to help me better understand these parts. However, a very good book and I would recommend it. Particularly helpful with coursework assignments.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3