Profile for HarleyGirl > Reviews

Content by HarleyGirl

HarleyGirl (West of England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Lifemax 250.1 Floor Standing High Vision Reading Light
Lifemax 250.1 Floor Standing High Vision Reading Light
Offered by express trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Pun intended!, 21 Dec 2013
This was incredible value for money. Especially as I later saw a very similar one offered on a shopping channel for more that three times the price. Arrived very well packed. Easy to assemble, even for puny me, and easy to move from place to place as needed.

The light is bright, perect for doing craft activities in the evenings, shows things in their proper colours. I love it and I'm so pleased I bought it.

DecalGirl Skin for Kindle Paperwhite - Internet Café
DecalGirl Skin for Kindle Paperwhite - Internet Café

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute!, 18 Nov 2013
Love this skin. It went on easily, no bubbles. It feels lovely and smooth, and I really like the design.

Dreams of Eli
Dreams of Eli

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Dreams of Eli (Kindle Edition)
This book was so different, so unusual, that it kept me fascinated from the start. It is cleverly written, first we are in Eli's present, then in his past, recollecting his life with his beautiful wife, and then coming back to the present, where he is suffering greatly on many levels.

I truly loved this book, it was so beautifully written, so poignant, that at the end, I had tears in my eyes. It wasn't a difficult read like some books, it just flowed smoothly and the ending, though shocking in a way, was also fitting.

More please....

The Goodbye Ride
The Goodbye Ride

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lovely story!, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Goodbye Ride (Kindle Edition)
I got so deeply involved in this sweet, sweet romance that I didn't even realise it was a short story until it ended! It left me wanting more, more, more, and I don't normally even LIKE romance. I only started reading it because someone told me there was a motorcycle in it, and I got hooked right from the start. (Even though it wasn't a Harley, I kept reading...)

It's charming, and touching, and beautifully written. More please, Lily Malone!

JammyLizard Vintage Collection Hard Case Cover for The New Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with a screen protector (Cupcake Flavours Motive)
Offered by Purplemoose007

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice!, 5 Sep 2013
This is a very pretty and sturdy hard cover. The design is perfect for a cake-a-holic like me, and is pleasingly vintage. It fits easily and leaves the buttons and lenses clear. The only thing I would say is that you need to use your nail rather than fingertip for the little button on the right that reactivates the phone.

It does protect the phone too, only last night, I dropped it all the way down my stairs, and it bounced on every stair and smacked into the wall at the bottom. No damage to either phone or case whatsoever. For the money, absolute bargain!

The Long and the Short of it.
The Long and the Short of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Bits of Gorgeousness, 8 Aug 2013
Jan Ruth has a rare skill for writing short stories that are totally satisfying. I don't usually read shorts, I don't find they tick all the boxes of whole story, rounded characters, a beginning, a middle and an end. But I picked this book up as a freebie, so had nothing to lose.

The stories are all very different, very absorbing and cleverly written, with a wry sense of humour and a sweet touch to them. I definitely recommend them. Savour them though, like pieces of chocolate, because you will want to go on and read the next one, and the next one, and pretty soon, the box will be empty!

Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book
Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book
by Johanna Basford

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wow., 24 Jun 2013
Oh my goodness, this book is even more gorgeous than I was expecting from the reviews. So many pages of loveliness, so much to look at and look for. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with it. And at £6 and some pennies, it's a third off the cover price. You know you want it.

Wheezer & the Painted Frog: Mysteries From the Trail of Tears: 1
Wheezer & the Painted Frog: Mysteries From the Trail of Tears: 1
by Kitty Sutton

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising and different., 13 April 2013
Based on the title, I thought that Wheezer and the Painted Frog was going to be a story for young readers. I was therefore very surprised to find that it was actually a murder mystery alongside a charming tale of a dog who befriends a sad and lonely little girl, and a young man who falls in love with someone related to the villain of the story. And all of this in encapsulated in the overarching tale of The Trail of Tears, the story of the enforced relocation of the Cherokee people from their traditional tribal lands to land that was worse than useless when it came to providing enough nourishment to sustain people in the long term.
I was caught up in the story right from the start, as Wheezer, the dog, is running, terrified, in the wrong direction, away from his owner, but towards a whole new adventure with Sasa, the sad little girl. She is mourning the unexplained death of her only relative, her little brother, and needs someone to be on her side, to help her find out what happens. To find out why the painted frog in the title is important enough for people to die while trying to find it and to find out what it means.
The many different threads in this book are carefully crafted and eventually woven beautifully together to make a story that is exciting, moving and ultimately very satisfying.

Wheezer And the Painted Frog (Mysteries From the Trail of Tears Book 1)
Wheezer And the Painted Frog (Mysteries From the Trail of Tears Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising and different., 13 April 2013

The Latin Cushion
The Latin Cushion

5.0 out of 5 stars From a Rosanne Dingli Superfan!, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Latin Cushion (Kindle Edition)
I am already a big fan of Ms Dignli's writing, her style is fluid and beautiful and sometimes strange. This short story did not disappoint, though I felt that she has created an entirely different way of writing for this murder mystery.

In a short space of time, she creates very distinct characters, each with their own voice and lives. It leaps straight into a mystery, with a large dead body on the floor, and ends with surprising pathos. I read the whole book in one sitting, because I really wanted to know "whodunnit"!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5